Author Topic: All Ballots Will Be Counted - Be Informed!  (Read 1627 times)

Offline bolobaby

All Ballots Will Be Counted - Be Informed!
« on: November 13, 2016, 06:34:21 pm »
I've posted this on a couple of different threads, but I think it is important to start a separate thread on the topic so it is easily seen and found.

We have a duty as intelligent conservatives to be properly informed, and not spread blatant falsehoods about this recent election.

One blatant falsehood - which is snopes-worthy - is that not all absentee ballots are going to be counted, and that, if they were, Hillary would actually lose the popular vote.

This is simply not true.

Go here:

https://www.fvap.gov/vao/vag/appendix/faq

...and look for this quote...

What are absentee ballots? Do they only count in close elections?

Many absentee ballots are cast by voters who are unable to vote at their physical polling place due to being an active duty military member, a family member of someone on active duty or a U.S. citizen residing overseas. All ballots submitted according to State laws are counted in every election.

The media often will report the projected outcome of the election before all of the ballots are counted. In a close election, the media may report that the outcome cannot be announced until after the absentee ballots are counted. However, all ballots, including absentee ballots, are counted in the final totals for every election ? and every vote (absentee or in-person) counts the same.

All ballots WILL be counted and included in the vote totals that will be certified by the Secretaries of State.

At this point, though, all ballots are not counted, but they will be. Moreover, there is evidence to suggest that Hillary's popular vote lead will actually EXPAND once all ballots are counted. See this link:

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/11/clintons-popular-vote-lead-will-grow-and-grow/507455/

While exact numbers of how this will truly tally up are unknown, please do not rely on some BS internet statistic about how "67% of all absentee ballots go conservative." As everyone should know by now, 93.4% of all internet statistics are completely made up.

But, when you take a look at where the majority of those absentee ballots remain uncounted, you can see that they are in democratic strongholds where Trump got *trounced*. It is a mistake to believe that somehow these absentee ballots will break for Trump.

Maybe we should wait for the real numbers, though, and stop making this site look ill-informed in general, by hanging our hat on a myth that ballots will not eventually be counted and certified with the totals. This is the kind of stuff we laugh at DU for doing - being wildly misinformed!
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Re: All Ballots Will Be Counted - Be Informed!
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 06:44:25 pm »

Hillary has conceded.
Trump has met with Obama.
Trump is receiving national security briefings.
Trump is hiring his staff as we speak.

And according to you, votes are still being counted? Why?
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online libertybele

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 07:04:18 pm »
Hillary has conceded.

Yes she has conceded, but so did Al Gore.  What I find quite interesting actually is even with all the protests and the narrow margin of victory in some states, she has not asked for a recount and instead she is blaming her loss on the FBI.  Perhaps she knows that once  the absentee ballots and overseas ballots are counted she will win. That will accomplish two things; it will solidify her accusations that the FBI has wrongly accused her all along and that the GOP is corrupt and tried to steal the election from her.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 07:13:26 pm »

Yes she has conceded, but so did Al Gore.  What I find quite interesting actually is even with all the protests and the narrow margin of victory in some states, she has not asked for a recount and instead she is blaming her loss on the FBI.  Perhaps she knows that once  the absentee ballots and overseas ballots are counted she will win. That will accomplish two things; it will solidify her accusations that the FBI has wrongly accused her all along and that the GOP is corrupt and tried to steal the election from her.

So the idea, if I understand it, is somebody is suddenly going to "find" thousands of absentee ballots that were not counted and suddenly we find that Hillary won. Is that the idea?

That may have worked several days ago. It is too late now. The thing is over. Trump is in.

He is already in the White House. He has already hired part of his staff. He is receiving national security briefings reserved only for the POTUS. You can't take that back.

He has already been 'certified' by every authority as the winner. It is over baby.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online DB

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 07:13:30 pm »
Hillary has conceded.

Because every vote that is qualified to be counted is counted. The state is required to do so. Do you really want someone in government to decide when to stop counting when there are more votes to count? And as I said before there are many different items on a ballot that have to be counted. To count any of them, all of them are counted. That's how the counting machine works. And last but not least it is important to know statistically what the outcome of each item on the ballot actually was so it can be studied and what is learned can be applied to the future.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 07:18:22 pm »
Hillary has conceded.

How about because we need to be informed regarding the drive to get rid of the electoral college and the parallel drive to make DJT appear to be illegitimate in the eyes of the LIVs?

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 07:22:29 pm »

Ok guys. I give. That is not the way it was explained to me, but I can accept being wrong.

So, we should see a different vote count every day then. Does anyone have a link to the total vote count so I can see it incrementing?

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 07:27:35 pm »
Hillary has conceded.

@240B

Because of the law. Sorry if that is hard to comprehend for some.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 07:28:06 pm by bolobaby »
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2016, 07:33:36 pm »
Who cares?

Nobody knows how a real popular vote would have gone.   Millions stayed home in the non-swing states because they knew it was a foregone conclusion as to how their State would vote.

And the campaign strategies would have been completely different.  Trump probably would still win.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 07:34:48 pm by dfwgator »

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2016, 07:49:50 pm »

Who cares?

Nobody knows how a real popular vote would have gone.   Millions stayed home in the non-swing states because they knew it was a foregone conclusion as to how their State would vote.

And the campaign strategies would have been completely different.  Trump probably would still win.

That is a very good point. If the election were determined by popular vote, the outcome would have been completely different. Because every individual would want to vote.

But because it goes by State, and you know that your State always votes blue, then why bother to vote.

The popular vote cannot matter, because it was not a popular vote election. Therefore, people behaved differently because they knew that the popular vote doesn't matter.

So talking about the popular vote in an electoral college election is meaningless.

It is comparing apples to oranges. That is a very insightful point.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2016, 07:52:19 pm »

@240B

Because of the law. Sorry if that is hard to comprehend for some.

Ok, ok, calm down.
Do you have the website where I can see the current totals?
Thanks

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 08:24:08 pm »

Ok, ok, calm down.
Do you have the website where I can see the current totals?
Thanks

I'm guessing the best place to go would be the SoS website for each state and check to see if they have certified. Beyond that, I do not know which sites are keeping up-to-date after recording preliminary numbers.
1. Trump is never wrong.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2016, 08:37:39 pm »

I'm guessing the best place to go would be the SoS website for each state and check to see if they have certified. Beyond that, I do not know which sites are keeping up-to-date after recording preliminary numbers.
thanks