Author Topic: Wow, the @nytimes is losing thousands of subscribers because of their very poor and highly inaccurate coverage of the "Trump phenomena"  (Read 2041 times)

Online Right_in_Virginia

I didn't know they had thousands of subscribers left.   :smokin:

Offline sinkspur

Trump thinks this is an apology because one of his staffers told him it was:

Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline ConstitutionRose

Can he read?  Does he read?
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Can he read?  Does he read?

He just needs to keep a ready supply of enemies so his fans don't notice what he is.

Online Right_in_Virginia

New York Times publisher vows to 'rededicate' paper to reporting honestly
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/12/new-york-times-publisher-vows-to-rededicate-itself-to-reporting-honestly.html

They may not have used the word "apology", but "rededicating itself to reporting honestly" is certainly an admission that they did not and their promise to do better in an effort to retain their remaining subscribers who called them out on their dishonesty.

All-in-all this is pretty shocking admission of biased journalism from the NYT.  Trump got it exactly right.

Offline Just_Victor

New York Times publisher vows to 'rededicate' paper to reporting honestly
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/12/new-york-times-publisher-vows-to-rededicate-itself-to-reporting-honestly.html

They may not have used the word "apology", but "rededicating itself to reporting honestly" is certainly an admission that they did not and their promise to do better in an effort to retain their remaining subscribers who called them out on their dishonesty.

All-in-all this is pretty shocking admission of biased journalism from the NYT.  Trump got it exactly right.

I posted the FoxNews article here at TBR.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,233741.msg1137653.html#msg1137653

The letter is an admission of getting the results wrong and indirectly admitting to bias.

I would stop short of calling it an apology.  They do not say, nor do they appear to be in any ways sorry.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Online LMAO

Polls have shown that even before this election a majority of the country had a distrust of the American news media .

This election was middle America's way of pushing back against a media that is hostile to them
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online Right_in_Virginia

I posted the FoxNews article here at TBR.
http://www.gopbriefingroom.com/index.php/topic,233741.msg1137653.html#msg1137653

The letter is an admission of getting the results wrong and indirectly admitting to bias.

It's actually more than that ... it's a promise to rededicate itself to honest reporting.  Not a mere admission that it got the polls wrong.

Offline Just_Victor

It's actually more than that ... it's a promise to rededicate itself to honest reporting.  Not a mere admission that it got the polls wrong.

I didn't say "polls," I said "results," i.e. Election outcome.  Their prediction of (and support for) a Hillary win was wrong.

I think we agree that rededicating to "honest reporting" is an admission that they were not doing that before: i.e. bias.  But they are not sorry for it.
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean

And you believe them?  The evidence suggests that's not the way to bet...
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Frank Cannon

I don't why Pinch would have written this other than the fact that they know they screwed their readers by screwing the news. I think this is as close to an apology as you will see from him.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
And you believe them?  The evidence suggests that's not the way to bet...

I believe they're very nervous.

Print media already is on trouble.  In this election, they not only screwed over Trump and his supporters, but also backed a very unpopular Hillary while screwing over Bernie and his supporters.

I can't imagine anyone being too happy/impressed with them right now.  So actually, i do believe they will make an effort to correct some of that, but i think it is too late, and people rightly won't care if they do.  Or even wait around to find out.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 01:36:29 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I must confess. They have the best Sunday crossword. :)
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
I believe they're very nervous.

Print media already is on trouble.  In this election, they not only screwed over Trump and his supporters, but also backed a very unpopular Hillary while screwing over Bernie and his supporters.

I can't imagine anyone being too happy/impressed with them right now.  So actually, i do believe they will make an effort to correct some of that, but i think it is too late, and people rightly won't care if they do.  Or even wait around to find out.

Oh, I admit they'll try to make it look like they're being more even-handed.  But they won't be able to pull it off, as no one will take their word without independent verification and they won't be able to keep themselves from slanted, dishonest coverage of pretty much anything they cover.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Online LMAO

Oh, I admit they'll try to make it look like they're being more even-handed.  But they won't be able to pull it off, as no one will take their word without independent verification and they won't be able to keep themselves from slanted, dishonest coverage of pretty much anything they cover.

All media really screwed the pooch this election. To get back in the good graces of the public, its going to take more than a letter promising to report honestly from now on
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
I didn't know they had thousands of subscribers left.   :smokin:
Mostly foreign spies looking for the latest intel leak. I wouldn't be sad to see them dry up and blow away.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Oceander

I see they gave the I-i-C his twitter account back.  Stupid move.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp

Trump can never let anything alone, can he?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
I must confess. They have the best Sunday crossword. :)

Exactly what I was thinking Freya.  The Dallas Morning News ... also a leftist rag ... printed the Times Crosswords every day.  I miss them.

I've got a book of the 'Sunday's" now.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

I agree.  I don't think it's as much a fault of "the paper" as it is of "the journalists" who write for it.  And they're not going to change.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Polls have shown that even before this election a majority of the country had a distrust of the American news media .

This election was middle America's way of pushing back against a media that is hostile to them

Voters said : CAN YOU HEAR US NOW ??
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln