Author Topic: Trump Not Expected To Live In White House Full Time  (Read 6394 times)

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: Trump Not Expected To Live In White House Full Time
« Reply #25 on: November 13, 2016, 08:32:57 pm »
Probably along the lines of what it cost taxpayers for Presidents Reagan and Bush 43 to have dual living accommodations at the ranches they loved.   :shrug:

Let's not forget: Neither the Clintons nor the Obamas had a home to return to during their years in the White House.  If they had I'm sure "dual living accommodations" would have been accommodated for them, too.

The costs for Reagan and Bush were quite minimal.  Both lived on ranches where the security costs and housing costs were minimized and travel could be accomplished with little impact on the general public.  Trump in Manhattan will be very, very expensive. 

Date night for the Obamas was estimated at about $72,000.  http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1929415_1929418_1929411,00.html.

Trump Tower presents special considerations with its location and many occupants just to name a few of the many items to be considered.
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #26 on: November 13, 2016, 09:06:58 pm »
The costs for Reagan and Bush were quite minimal.  Both lived on ranches where the security costs and housing costs were minimized and travel could be accomplished with little impact on the general public.  Trump in Manhattan will be very, very expensive. 

Date night for the Obamas was estimated at about $72,000.  http://content.time.com/time/specials/packages/article/0,28804,1929415_1929418_1929411,00.html.

Trump Tower presents special considerations with its location and many occupants just to name a few of the many items to be considered.

It would be much easier and cheaper if he had a rural mansion somewhere.

Residents of Trump tower will have to abandon any hope of real privacy. Phones will be tapped, private spaces repeatedly searched, visitors will have to face security checks before being allowed in or rejected. Surrounding buildings will also face many similar measures.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #27 on: November 13, 2016, 09:10:05 pm »

Residents of Trump tower will have to abandon any hope of real privacy. Phones will be tapped, private spaces repeatedly searched, visitors will have to face security checks before being allowed in or rejected. Surrounding buildings will also face many similar measures.

That's likely why Obama never went home to Chicago much as it would have adversely impacted the entire neighborhood in which his home is located.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Machiavelli

• Curmudgeon
  • Realist
« Reply #28 on: November 13, 2016, 09:23:15 pm »
Maybe if they brought his gold toilet, his blankie, and his pacifier, he'd feel better?

There was this guy who had been to about every bar in town. So one night, he hopped into a taxi cab and told the driver to take him to the best bar in town. The cabby took him to a bar, where he got half-drunk. He hopped into the same cab and said that the bar wasn't good enough -- take him to another one. The cabby took him to another bar, where the guy had the time of his life.

The next morning, this guy was in yet another bar telling his buddy what a good time he had the night before, but he couldn't remember where he was. All he could remember was a red door and a golden toilet seat.

"Man, we gotta find this place," said his buddy.

So the two spent half the day searching for a bar with a red door until they found one. They walked in, and the guy asked the bartender, "Was I here last night and too drunk to tell? All I remember is a red door and a golden toilet seat."

The bartender hollered to the back, "Hey, Fred! Here's that son of a bitch who took a shit in your tuba last night!"
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 09:40:42 pm by Machiavelli »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #29 on: November 13, 2016, 09:35:15 pm »
Considering what is moving out I wouldn't live there at all until it has been fumigated at least three times!   Just saying!

:beer:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #30 on: November 13, 2016, 09:40:44 pm »
That's likely why Obama never went home to Chicago much as it would have adversely impacted the entire neighborhood in which his home is located.

The media hated going to the Bush ranch in Texas but I could make things worse for them.  I'd buy a place on Lake Superior in Michigan's upper peninsula and spend a lot of time there during the winter. Mosquitoes and deer flies can be a real treat during the summer.

geronl

« Reply #31 on: November 13, 2016, 10:05:07 pm »
He's going to be the biggest swindler in history

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #32 on: November 13, 2016, 10:20:31 pm »
Anyone care to estimate the cost to taxpayers for Trump to have dual living accommodations?
@Chosen Daughter
@CatherineofAragon

When he won the election, immediately more secret service agents came and a set of agents is now with each adult child and will stay with them until Trump is no longer president.  Count up that money.

As to Trump, accommodations will have to be made permanently for the length of his life, in Trump Tower, for his SS agents and the govn. will have to pay rent to Trump for the space.  Trump sets with price for their "rental".  I said he would take as much money as he could from our national treasury.  He is beginning.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #33 on: November 13, 2016, 10:22:02 pm »

Maybe they'll work that out ... he has several. 

Offline Victoria33

« Reply #34 on: November 13, 2016, 10:27:13 pm »
This will be de rigeur on 5th Avenue very soon:
We will be paying for all those trucks to just sit there.

They are beginning to construct a concrete barrier around Trump Tower to replace the trucks, so we are paying for the trucks now, and will pay for the concrete "wall", too.  This is the first "wall".

Plus, he will now use Air Force One to ferry him between New York and Washington.  I expect him to go back to Trump Tower every night.  Count up how much money it takes for Air Force One to do that.  This is another Trump drain on our national treasury.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #35 on: November 13, 2016, 10:29:21 pm »
He will have to act like he actually wants the job.  The White House is in Washington, not Manhattan.
Oh, come on. Hillary had her private server, why can't donny have his?

You watch, she will not be prosecuted, even if there is no Pardon.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mountaineer

« Reply #36 on: November 13, 2016, 10:48:44 pm »
Yeah, that's the compassionate Obama we know so well.  :whistle:
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline flowers

« Reply #37 on: November 13, 2016, 11:02:18 pm »
 He'll be overseeing the construction of the new White Tower.

Offline flowers

« Reply #38 on: November 13, 2016, 11:04:07 pm »
Maybe they'll work that out ... he has several.

He also owns a hotel on the same street that the wh is on doesn't he?  @Right_in_Virginia  :patriot:

Offline alicewonders

• Live life-it's too short to butt heads w buttheads
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2016, 11:17:21 pm »
He'll be overseeing the construction of the new White Tower.

LOL!
Don't tread on me.   8888madkitty

We told you Trump would win - bigly!

Offline rodamala

« Reply #40 on: November 14, 2016, 01:57:41 am »

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #41 on: November 15, 2016, 04:24:23 am »
Maybe if they brought his gold toilet, his blankie, and his pacifier, he'd feel better?

Totally not surprising.  It would surprise me if he spends a night a week there.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #42 on: November 15, 2016, 04:26:33 am »
Probably along the lines of what it cost taxpayers for Presidents Reagan and Bush 43 to have dual living accommodations at the ranches they loved.   :shrug:

Let's not forget: Neither the Clintons nor the Obamas had a home to return to during their years in the White House.  If they had I'm sure "dual living accommodations" would have been accommodated for them, too.

That's a ridiculous comparison.  Reagan and Bush went to their ranches on vacations.  Both 'lived' at the White House.  Trump will not.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #43 on: November 15, 2016, 04:28:51 am »
If the nation understands why the Obama's will stay in WDC (ostensibly) so their daughter can finish her school year there, surely we can understand and offer some flexibility so Barron  can have the same accommodation.

Can't we?

Nope !!  If Melania wants to stay in New York and keep wee Barron in school, that's fine with me.  And probably really fine with Trump.  But Trump needs to live in the White House.  Someone should have explained that to him before he ran.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #44 on: November 15, 2016, 04:32:31 am »
They are beginning to construct a concrete barrier around Trump Tower to replace the trucks, so we are paying for the trucks now, and will pay for the concrete "wall", too.  This is the first "wall".

Plus, he will now use Air Force One to ferry him between New York and Washington.  I expect him to go back to Trump Tower every night.  Count up how much money it takes for Air Force One to do that.  This is another Trump drain on our national treasury.

Well, he did promise a WALL.  This may be the only wall we get so we'd better appreciate it.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #45 on: November 15, 2016, 04:34:52 am »
Nope !!  If Melania wants to stay in New York and keep wee Barron in school, that's fine with me.  And probably really fine with Trump.  But Trump needs to live in the White House.  Someone should have explained that to him before he ran.

I don't think there is any law that actually requires the president to live in the White House, but you are correct, he should have thought about what it was going to be like to give up his lavish lifestyle and what about security?  He will be president and certainly he must understand the security risks that he and his family will face.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #46 on: November 15, 2016, 04:41:41 am »
He missed a great opportunity there, IMO.

Could have declared that he would donate it [salary] to an abused women/children fund.

Yes he could have.  But its pride.  Pride that he is rich and doesn't need it.  He will blow that much though flying to New York once or twice a week or vise versa.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #47 on: November 15, 2016, 04:47:07 am »
I don't think there is any law that actually requires the president to live in the White House, but you are correct, he should have thought about what it was going to be like to give up his lavish lifestyle and what about security?  He will be president and certainly he must understand the security risks that he and his family will face.

Probably isn't a law that the president MUST live in the White House because no one ever considered the possibility that a President would not live there.

Trump is being a big baby about this but we shouldn't be surprised.  We knew he is neurotic and has to sleep in his bed in Trump Towers.  He went to considerable trouble to be sure he got back there every night when he was campaigning.  This sends an awful message.

I'm trying to cut Trump all the slack in the world but he makes it hard.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #48 on: November 15, 2016, 05:00:42 am »
Probably isn't a law that the president MUST live in the White House because no one ever considered the possibility that a President would not live there.

Trump is being a big baby about this but we shouldn't be surprised.  We knew he is neurotic and has to sleep in his bed in Trump Towers.  He went to considerable trouble to be sure he got back there every night when he was campaigning.  This sends an awful message.

I'm trying to cut Trump all the slack in the world but he makes it hard.

I remember when the story broke that he had to sleep in his bed.  I posted on it and people thought it was a non issue.  It will cost us.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #49 on: November 15, 2016, 06:04:39 am »

Obviously there needs to be incentive for him to live in the White House . . .

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.