Author Topic: Laura Ingraham under consideration for White House press secretary  (Read 8979 times)

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
Re: Laura Ingraham under consideration for White House press secretary
« Reply #100 on: November 21, 2016, 05:20:22 am »
And she would be a VERY good one IMHO!

She would do fine as years in talk radio (I mean YEARS) have honed her skills at talking and thinking at the same time.

I never liked her but what difference does that make?
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #101 on: November 21, 2016, 05:25:27 am »
Myst wants us to hold Trump's feet to the fire.

I've got lots of wood over here.

I just don't see much positive in an ignoramus occupying the White House.

There is nothing any of us can do that will affect what Trump does.  That being said, I am just enjoying the heck out of the hysteria of the left.  I can almost forgive Trump for a few things because of the pleasure he's managed to give me in that regard.

They are just beside themselves ... they still cannot believe this happened to them.  It couldn't happen; it shouldn't happen.... but it happened.

So far, so good with Trump.  I know he will do something egregious but it won't be a surprise to me.

If we survive his presidency without total disaster, I'm gonna call it a positive to get rid of the Clinton's and the Obama's.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #102 on: November 21, 2016, 05:31:07 am »

Does anyone but me think that Ingraham has a really annoying voice?

I've always thought that........ even before she jumped in the Kool-Aid for Trump.

Whiney...... nasal........ annoying.

(Not that I'd be listening to her pressers anyway............. )

I agree about her voice...it annoys me.  Still, it is a deeper voice than a lot of women on TV panels and I appreciate that. 

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #103 on: November 21, 2016, 05:50:53 am »
Obnoxious Hate Filled Forum trolls.

They belong at the DU or the Huffpo!

This use to be a pleasant place to exchange ideas, schmooze, and civilly converse with online friends.

Instead, it has become a place that I no longer look forward to visiting and find myself avoiding more and more each day!

It has become the Free Republic incarnate!

Oh really?

Did you get banned because you disagreed with one of the mods or one of the owners?

Did you get your account suspended because you said something negative about whomever they like or support?

You can go make the comparison AFTER such time. 

Until then, you're just a pissed off Trump supporter looking to bitch because this is not a total Safe Space for Trumpians like the site you compare us to.

Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline mrclose

« Reply #104 on: November 21, 2016, 07:14:19 am »
Oh really?

Did you get banned because you disagreed with one of the mods or one of the owners?

Did you get your account suspended because you said something negative about whomever they like or support?

You can go make the comparison AFTER such time. 

Until then, you're just a pissed off Trump supporter looking to bitch because this is not a total Safe Space for Trumpians like the site you compare us to.
You know nothing about me.

If you really wanted to know my history here or there (fr), the search function works fine.

Until a thread that I started (Here) was split up, I had one of the longest and most "participated in" threads ... ever!

Subject?

Zotted Freepers!

Why?

Because after 15 years on FR and having been probated, suspended or Zotted more times than jimrob has freep-a-thons, I gave up!

The place in 2000 was a decent place to hang out.
Folks could disagree and did .. but they did it like mature, intelligent adults!

Snotty, nasty sounding folks like yourself (and others on here) didn't last long "and" that was even before the Viking Kitties were in full battle garb!

Over time, that all changed and became the basis for that incredibly long thread that I started here!

Welcoming all Zotted folks to come here to this "friendly" forum!
(The thread reached into the thousands before it was split)

My point?

My point is I see the same thing happening here.

For your information, I don't need, nor did I ask for a Safe Space, here or anywhere else!
I can hold my own!

I would like to see this forum continue to grow but with threads looking more like trolling playgrounds ... You figure it out!

Oh yeah, I lost count of the new user names and email addy's that I used, signing up again and again over at that other place!

The last 10 times I did it (signed up), I did it for spite and to disrupt!

Yes, I was immature acting but it didn't really matter .. the place was almost dead by then!

My last user name?

KingOfZot!!
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #105 on: November 21, 2016, 12:35:04 pm »
Laura does well spouting Trump hyperbole on his choices.  They are all the smartest, most brilliant people on the face of the earth.  No doubt about it, and no one dare to disagree.
Flynn was a paid consultant for Putin and Erdogan.  nuff said.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #106 on: November 21, 2016, 12:37:47 pm »
Obnoxious Hate Filled Forum trolls.

They belong at the DU or the Huffpo!

This use to be a pleasant place to exchange ideas, schmooze, and civilly converse with online friends.

Instead, it has become a place that I no longer look forward to visiting and find myself avoiding more and more each day!

It has become the Free Republic incarnate!

Actually TBR is none of those. If that were truly the case then you wouldn't be allowed to express a different opinion here like you do.  You'd be banned for not conforming to the echo chamber.

Just like they do at FR and DU.

Truth of the matter is that you want this place to be like both of those that you mention. You ONLY want glowing praise and positive articles about Trump and you and others here would prefer censorship of not outright deletion of anything negative.

And that's just not going to happen here if you haven't noticed.

You didn't used to be like this when we were at CU and CC together.

It's sad that you've become what we used to mock.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #107 on: November 21, 2016, 01:03:16 pm »
Laura does well spouting Trump hyperbole on his choices.  They are all the smartest, most brilliant people on the face of the earth.  No doubt about it, and no one dare to disagree.

Flynn has also suggested that Israel needs to disarm so there will be peace in the mideast.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #108 on: November 21, 2016, 01:56:49 pm »

I could only shake my head yesterday when Rinse was on talking about how they were bringing in the "best and brightest" for jobs in the Trump Administration. Poor fellow must have flunked Contemporary American History.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #109 on: November 21, 2016, 01:58:19 pm »
I could only shake my head yesterday when Rinse was on talking about how they were bringing in the "best and brightest" for jobs in the Trump Administration. Poor fellow must have flunked Contemporary American History.

"best and brightest" = D.C. Insiders and establishment types.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #110 on: November 21, 2016, 02:42:10 pm »
Flynn has also suggested that Israel needs to disarm so there will be peace in the mideast.

Really concerns me about Trumps foreign policy.  It is the Democratic platform to come against Israel.  Flynn is a Democrat.  All of Trumps talk about Russia and U.S. working together eventually ends in anti-Israel.  Because the Bible says so, and because Russia's foreign policy says so.  Russia and Iran will join together against Israel.  I feel sure of it.  How will we fight the onslaught from the UN and pro Palestinian states against Israel?
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #111 on: November 21, 2016, 02:47:40 pm »
Trump is now president-elect and is going to be president whether we like it or not so I would simply suggest that we hold our fire until after he has actually DONE something.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil
« Reply #112 on: November 21, 2016, 02:53:04 pm »
Trump is now president-elect and is going to be president whether we like it or not so I would simply suggest that we hold our fire until after he has actually DONE something.

True, and I hope I am wrong.  But if I am not all of those Democratic supporters will not be disappointed.
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #113 on: November 21, 2016, 04:16:26 pm »
Laura's a single mother with three children, or does that not matter anymore? I've heard of the hours WH staffers have to put in, how is her absence going to be helpful?

Hey, it's her life, her decision.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #114 on: November 21, 2016, 05:14:24 pm »

My point?

My point is I see the same thing happening here.

Again, please point out for us the numbers of members that have been banned or their accounts suspended merely for disagreeing with the mod staff, the owner or expressing an opinion about a politician they did not like.

THE SAME THING IS NOT HAPPENING HERE.

So you're full of it, attempting to project upon the board what it isn't due to posts you do not like.

For your information, I don't need, nor did I ask for a Safe Space, here or anywhere else!

Then you wouldn't be bitching about NeverTrump being forum trolls and needing to go to DU or HuffPo insisting this board is a place you no longer want to visit.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #115 on: November 21, 2016, 05:21:22 pm »
Part of the problem at TOS was moderators who suspended anyone who disagreed with the House opinion.  I quit when they sent me to the kid's table.

Another part of the problem was the sheer nastiness of so many of the posters to those who held different opinions.  I'd think we should strive to be different from them in both respects.

Offline mrclose

« Reply #116 on: November 21, 2016, 06:12:01 pm »
Actually TBR is none of those. If that were truly the case then you wouldn't be allowed to express a different opinion here like you do.  You'd be banned for not conforming to the echo chamber.

Just like they do at FR and DU.

Truth of the matter is that you want this place to be like both of those that you mention. You ONLY want glowing praise and positive articles about Trump and you and others here would prefer censorship of not outright deletion of anything negative.

And that's just not going to happen here if you haven't noticed.

You didn't used to be like this when we were at CU and CC together.

It's sad that you've become what we used to mock.

Again, you are another that wants to assign traits or desires that have nothing to do with me!

I have no problem with critical remarks about any politician, including Trump ... as long as that criticism is honest criticism and done without the snotty comebacks.

Fair?
For instance, go search for the op-ed written by David Horowitz on Bannon.
We can begin there after you find that the criticism assigned to Bannon as being an anti-semit and posted here ... actually came from Horowitz himself!
(A Jew btw)

Here is an excerpt from the ADL:
While there is a long fact pattern of evidence that Breitbart served as a platform for a wide range of bigotry and there is some controversy related to statements from Mr. Bannon’s divorce proceedings in 2007, we are not aware of any anti-Semitic statements made by Bannon himself.

In fact, Jewish employees of Breitbart have challenged the characterization of him and defended him from charges of antisemitism. Some have pointed out that Breitbart Jerusalem was launched during his tenure.

No, I don't give a rat's behind whether anyone agrees with me or not ... (Heck, I rarely agree with myself), I'm just saying ... Don't continue with the rude and snotty 'snipping' as is done at that other site!
It is harmful to the forum.
Mature adults eventually leave!
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #117 on: November 21, 2016, 06:29:37 pm »
And many many jews stood idly by while Kristalnacht occurred.  After all, it was only the tradespeople who were being wiped out.

Offline Mod1

« Reply #118 on: November 21, 2016, 06:31:20 pm »
Please knock off the personal attacks, all.

geronl

« Reply #119 on: November 21, 2016, 06:42:55 pm »
She has no sense of decency or shame

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #120 on: November 21, 2016, 07:18:56 pm »
Again, you are another that wants to assign traits or desires that have nothing to do with me!

I have no problem with critical remarks about any politician, including Trump ... as long as that criticism is honest criticism and done without the snotty comebacks.

Fair?
For instance, go search for the op-ed written by David Horowitz on Bannon.
We can begin there after you find that the criticism assigned to Bannon as being an anti-semit and posted here ... actually came from Horowitz himself!
(A Jew btw)

Here is an excerpt from the ADL:
No, I don't give a rat's behind whether anyone agrees with me or not ... (Heck, I rarely agree with myself), I'm just saying ... Don't continue with the rude and snotty 'snipping' as is done at that other site!
It is harmful to the forum.
Mature adults eventually leave!

@mrclose I'm not assigning any blame.  YOU sir are the one that came in here finger wagging about TBR being like FR and DU and an echo chamber and blaming people here for it being like that.

I simply pointed out that was not the case and if in fact you were looking for places with more favorable and biased opinions of Trump there were other places you could go to get that.

TBR is the anti-echo chamber and always will be as far as I'm concerned.  I left CU and CC because of the hive mentality that had taken over those places and settled here because it decidedly was NOT an echo chamber.

Online Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #121 on: November 21, 2016, 07:55:46 pm »
Took time to get everyone's take on Laura. Seems she has put herself at odds with a a few of us, myself included and endeared herself to some here that were more steadfast Trump supporters. That is to be expected.

My thoughts...Ms. Ingraham took aim at NeverTrumpers a few too many times for my liking. But there is no reason to throw up a photo of her like she is some Hitler worshiper. That is just silly and gets us nowhere. But I do feel she sold out to support Trump especially on the homosexual issues, and I don't trust her moral compass as true north on some social issues I hold dear.

Must admit I have never listened to her radio show and I have only seen her a few times on Fox and at the convention.

I have no idea how she will do in the role suggested, but if looks are a requirement (plays little in my opinion) then she has a leg up over someone like myself. 
« Last Edit: November 21, 2016, 07:57:54 pm by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #122 on: November 21, 2016, 08:06:28 pm »
TBR is the anti-echo chamber and always will be as far as I'm concerned.  I left CU and CC because of the hive mentality that had taken over those places and settled here because it decidedly was NOT an echo chamber.

TBR will never be an echo chamber. It takes silence to hear echoes ....  :tongue2:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #123 on: November 21, 2016, 09:55:01 pm »
Laura had  a show on WABC radio in NY metro area.  She was cancelled due to lack of listeners. She was shrill, shrewish, even for NY.  So you can imagine.