Author Topic: Aspiring Weatherman Charged With Arson After Admitting He Set Fires To Get Attention  (Read 776 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
A 21-year-old man who was hoping that his self-made videos posted to Facebook would help him get attention as a wannabe weatherman admitted that he deliberately set fires so he could film them.

Johnny Mullins was charged with second-degree arson for a fire he set in Letcher County, Kentucky. Apparently, with dozens of wildfires breaking out in the southeast portion of the country this month, footage of said blazes may get you noticed on the Weather Channel. Which is what Mullins was shooting for.

He told authorities that he set the blazes because his videos were getting more and more views...

Read more at: http://www.mediaite.com/online/aspiring-weatherman-charged-with-arson-after-admitting-he-set-fires-to-get-attention/
The Republic is lost.

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
He never stood a chance. He doesn't fit "the look."
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.

I dunno - Channel 5's weatherman was a dwarf on a trampoline for a couple years. He closed out the news every hour (tastefully called "News in Briefs" and presented by women in lingerie.) The UK is a damned odd place at times ....
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline uglybiker

Like THIS weather...person?  :smokin:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGJ9Wq61-7M
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Well,it worked. He's getting and will keep getting plenty of attention.

Plus he has now proven himself stupid enough to be on teebee on a regular basis.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
I dunno - Channel 5's weatherman was a dwarf on a trampoline for a couple years. He closed out the news every hour (tastefully called "News in Briefs" and presented by women in lingerie.) The UK is a damned odd place at times ....

It kinda sounds like a Benny Hill sketch, no?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline goatprairie

"The UK is a damned odd place at times ..."
The first time I drove through Kentucky from Louisville to W.V, in the space of a five or six hours, I saw (1) a car drive down an entrance ramp to the freeway, stop at the edge of the entrance to the freeway, and then back up all the way to where it had left the previous road (2) another car ahead of me suddenly veer off  the interstate, cross the grass median, and go in the other direction and (3) two guys in broad daylight in the middle of the interstate median  urinating.
Of course my state of Wisconsin gets blamed for having more than its share of weirdos, so maybe Kentucky isn't too far out of the ordinary.