Author Topic: Liberals Will Only Fight Harder To Abolish The Electoral College Under Trump, Says Prof  (Read 1324 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Republican nominee Donald Trump’s surprising electoral college victory is likely to trigger renewed interest in a plan by left wing states to abolish the institution, according to professor John Gilmour of the College of William and Mary.

Democratic-leaning states back the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact [NPVIC] to effectively repeal the electoral college. The compact would require any state that signs onto it to give their electoral votes to the winner of the national popular vote.

“The Democrats will go for it and already have,” Gilmour, who teaches government, told The Daily Caller News Foundation. “For the interstate compact to succeed, what must happen is for the GOP to be robbed of its victory by the electoral college. The Dems have now been robbed twice in four elections, unprecedented in US history, I believe. They are naturally pissed as hell.”..

Read more at: http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/12/liberals-will-only-fight-harder-to-abolish-the-electoral-college-under-trump-says-prof/
The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
And I think per that other article, that the Democrats have likely committed a lot of voter fraud so the popular vote figure is likely an illusion.
https://emsnews.wordpress.com/2016/11/12/were-the-obama-election-results-fraud-how-many-illegal-aliens-voted/
We need voter registration and ID properly done.

You could have some corrupt cesspool of a precinct in some state manufacturing votes cancelling out others' votes.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 03:29:04 am by TomSea »

Offline Frank Cannon

LOL. Silly Rat's. This idea would not have gotten Hitlary in.

Offline Taxcontrol

• "Stupid should hurt" - Dad's wisdom
I am of the opinion that Congeress should pass a constitutional amendment that assigns electors via the district system.  The candidate that gets the most votes within a district receives one elector for that district.  The two remaining "senate" electors, are allocated, one to the candidate that receives the most districts, and the second to the candidate that receives the most votes in the state.  In the event of a tie, the governor sitting at the time of the election, decides the tie breaker.

Offline sinkspur

Won't work. Never does.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline libertybele

What I find interesting is we have millions protesting Trump's election, yet in those states where there was a very slim victory the very person whom they want in the White House hasn't even asked for one recount (yet) nor is there any mention of her even considering the possibility of a recount.  The only response from her so far is blaming Comey of the FBI for sinking her ship. 
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline LMAO

Had the election gone the other way, we would be getting lectures on the virtues of the EC by the left
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Had the election gone the other way, we would be getting lectures on the virtues of the EC by the left

Exactly.

And even if this fantasy dream became reality somehow, and the EC were abolished, it cannot be applied retroactively so Trump is still President. The whole movement is childish nonsense. It's just meaningless anger and pique from the Left.

I don't know what the hell they think they are accomplishing. The next election the Republican will win the popular vote and then they will want the EC back. Essentially, like children, they just want to win every election and damn the rules. That is what really all about.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LMAO

Exactly.

And even if this fantasy dream became reality somehow, and the EC were abolished, it cannot be applied retroactively so Trump is still President. The whole movement is childish nonsense. It's just meaningless anger and pique from the Left.

I don't know what the hell they think they are accomplishing. The next election the Republican will win the popular vote and then they will want the EC back. Essentially, like children, they just want to win every election and damn the rules. That is what really all about.

Those on the left are acting like children because leftist have a child like view of the world as it is. That's why their ideas fail in the real world
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Republican nominee Donald Trump’s surprising electoral college victory is likely to trigger renewed interest in a plan by left wing states to abolish the institution, according to professor John Gilmour of the College of William and Mary.

Democratic-leaning states back the National Popular Vote Interstate Compact [NPVIC] to effectively repeal the electoral college. The compact would require any state that signs onto it to give their electoral votes to the winner of the national popular vote.

“The Democrats will go for it and already have,” Gilmour, who teaches government, told The Daily Caller News Foundation. “For the interstate compact to succeed, what must happen is for the GOP to be robbed of its victory by the electoral college. The Dems have now been robbed twice in four elections, unprecedented in US history, I believe. They are naturally pissed as hell.”..

Read more at: http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/12/liberals-will-only-fight-harder-to-abolish-the-electoral-college-under-trump-says-prof/

It's already been shown in other threads that the NPVIC is unconstitutional, being in violation of at least one and possibly as many as three constitutional requirements of states.  This will go no where, ever.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
What cracks me up is watching Trump supporters throw tantrums over the left supporting things Trump explicitly supported just 4 years ago.

They throw fits about the left protesting the outcome of the election yet just 4 years ago Trump called for protests over the outcome of the election.

Trump didn't like the electoral college 4 years ago either.

Offline LMAO

This "professor" seems to be of the opinion that the Constitution should accommodate people who are "pissed as hell."

And he teaches government?

Barry Goldwater

Offline LMAO

What cracks me up is watching Trump supporters throw tantrums over the left supporting things Trump explicitly supported just 4 years ago.

They throw fits about the left protesting the outcome of the election yet just 4 years ago Trump called for protests over the outcome of the election.

Trump didn't like the electoral college 4 years ago either.

Makes you glad we have a Constitution, doesn't it?

Barry Goldwater

Offline kevindavis007

@LMAO

I disagree, the Dems have been going against the EC since the days of Andrew Jackson.
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

@LMAO

I disagree, the Dems have been going against the EC since the days of Andrew Jackson.

Had the election gone the other way we would be getting lectures on the evils of the EC by Trump and his fans.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

Had the election gone the other way we would be getting lectures on the evils of the EC by Trump and his fans.

That's the point.

Each side complains when they lose. That is natural and normal. You complain for a while and then man up.

Burning, looting, rioting, and assaulting innocents is not normal. This is the kind of behavior you will only find on the Left. They are the violent and the intolerant. Not the Right as they claim. They are projecting their own behavior on us.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline kevindavis007

True, but we will never know..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline LMAO

That's the point.

Each side complains when they lose. That is natural and normal. You complain for a while and then man up.

Burning, looting, rioting, and assaulting innocents is not normal. This is the kind of behavior you will only find on the Left. They are the violent and the intolerant. Not the Right as they claim. They are projecting their own behavior on us.

@240B

But look at the people rioting. Seem to be mostly millennials. That should tell you something right there

Barry Goldwater