Author Topic: Women's march in DC planned for day after Trump inauguration  (Read 324 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Women's march in DC planned for day after Trump inauguration
« on: November 13, 2016, 02:25:04 am »
Thousands of women plan to fill the streets of Washington, D.C., the day after President-elect Donald Trump takes the oath of office.
The "Women’s March on Washington" demonstration is set to take place on Saturday, Jan. 21, 2017, according to the event's Facebook page.

More than 100,000 people have expressed interest in the event, with more that 40,000 indicating that they will be at the event.

“This is all about a grassroots movement of women,” Fontaine Pearson, a coordinator, told BuzzFeed News.

“We’re just watching it grow,” she added underscoring how quickly the event has gained popularity.

To help organize for the event, some created local Facebook groups to encourage more people to attend.

“I think it’s my obligation as someone who still has hope in this nation to fight for more than just me,” a Utah state organizer told BuzzFeed.

"This is an inclusive march, and everyone who supports women's rights are welcome," reads an event description posted on the page...

Read more at: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefing-room/news/305732-womens-march-in-dc-planned-for-day-after-trump-inauguration
The Republic is lost.

Offline kalee

Re: Women's march in DC planned for day after Trump inauguration
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 04:40:58 am »
Yawn, this woman marched when and where it mattered, on election day and into the voting booth.