Author Topic: Thoughts for the Horrified ..... Paul Krugman  (Read 752 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Thoughts for the Horrified ..... Paul Krugman
« on: November 13, 2016, 01:43:03 am »
Thoughts for the Horrified

Paul Krugman NOV. 11, 2016

So what do we do now? By “we” I mean all those left, center and even right who saw Donald Trump as the worst man ever to run for president and assumed that a strong majority of our fellow citizens would agree.

I’m not talking about rethinking political strategy. There will be a time for that — God knows it’s clear that almost everyone on the center-left, myself included, was clueless about what actually works in persuading voters. For now, however, I’m talking about personal attitude and behavior in the face of this terrible shock.

First of all, remember that elections determine who gets the power, not who offers the truth. The Trump campaign was unprecedented in its dishonesty; the fact that the lies didn’t exact a political price, that they even resonated with a large bloc of voters, doesn’t make them any less false. No, our inner cities aren’t war zones with record crime. No, we aren’t the highest-taxed nation in the world. No, climate change isn’t a hoax promoted by the Chinese.

more
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/opinion/thoughts-for-the-horrified.html?src=me
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
Re: Thoughts for the Horrified ..... Paul Krugman
« Reply #1 on: November 13, 2016, 12:18:03 pm »
Thoughts for the Horrified

Paul Krugman NOV. 11, 2016

So what do we do now? By “we” I mean all those left, center and even right who saw Donald Trump as the worst man ever to run for president and assumed that a strong majority of our fellow citizens would agree.

I’m not talking about rethinking political strategy. There will be a time for that — God knows it’s clear that almost everyone on the center-left, myself included, was clueless about what actually works in persuading voters. For now, however, I’m talking about personal attitude and behavior in the face of this terrible shock.

First of all, remember that elections determine who gets the power, not who offers the truth. The Trump campaign was unprecedented in its dishonesty; the fact that the lies didn’t exact a political price, that they even resonated with a large bloc of voters, doesn’t make them any less false. No, our inner cities aren’t war zones with record crime. No, we aren’t the highest-taxed nation in the world. No, climate change isn’t a hoax promoted by the Chinese.

more
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/11/opinion/thoughts-for-the-horrified.html?src=me

Folks, when you don't have the time to bother with him, it's just playing the percentages to assume that every word out of Krugman's mouth is a lie, including "a" and "the."  But the butthurt here is kind of fun to watch, isn't it?
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 12:45:45 pm »

Wow! I'm glad I read that.

This guy really believes that the world ended on November 8, 2016. Goodbye life. Goodbye world. This is the end. We are living in the 'Day After', in the aftermath of the apocalypse. What he wrote here is a dirge dedicated to the end of everything.

Personally, I think this dude is a couple of bricks shy of a full load. What he needs is thorazine and a quite room somewhere for a couple of months until he can get his head together again. IMO

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSUIQgEVDM4
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 12:57:25 pm »
If Trump takes any economic advice from Krugman, he's done.

See Japan and Enron as examples. How Krugman has any credibility is beyond me
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 01:08:59 pm »

If Trump takes any economic advice from Krugman, he's done.

See Japan and Enron as examples. How Krugman has any credibility is beyond me

No need to worry about that. After what he wrote here, he is never going to get anywhere near Trump.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.