Author Topic: Trump to Support Nationwide Concealed Carry  (Read 1168 times)

Offline mrclose

Trump to Support Nationwide Concealed Carry
« on: November 13, 2016, 01:01:49 am »
Republican presidential frontrunner Donald Trump -- who said he has a concealed carry permit -- called for the expansion of gun rights Friday, including making those permits applicable nationwide. In a position paper published on his website Friday afternoon, Trump called for the elimination of gun and magazine bans, labeling them a "total failure."

"Law-abiding people should be allowed to own the firearm of their choice. The government has no business dictating what types of firearms good, honest people are allowed to own," Trump wrote.

https://pjmedia.com/trending/2016/11/11/trump-to-support-nationwide-concealed-carry/
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Re: Trump to Support Nationwide Concealed Carry
« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 01:29:32 am »
He'll run into Liberal states suddenly remembering the 9th and 10th Amendments if he tries a national law.

However...

If he could implement some new carry rights for those of us in uniform on base and at recruiting and reserve centers that would be a huge positive.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 02:07:42 am »

He'll run into Liberal states suddenly remembering the 9th and 10th Amendments if he tries a national law.

However...

If he could implement some new carry rights for those of us in uniform on base and at recruiting and reserve centers that would be a huge positive.

There is very little doubt that Trump will implement such policies. He will be the first CCW President in modern times. Trump is a friend of the NRA.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Fantom

« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 02:20:19 am »

However...

There is little in Trumps past history too get giddy 'Bout this.

Nor should this be "Just" for military. Tsk Tsk..

Now should the Orange Won... come out for national Constitutional Carry... well then.
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 02:24:54 am »

There is very little doubt that Trump will implement such policies. He will be the first CCW President in modern times. Trump is a friend of the NRA.

No doubt huh?

What in his Liberal gun grabbing past gives you any evidence this isnt merely lipservice...like revokimg the ACA... tossing Hillary in jail and building a wall?

Oh yeah thats right...
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 03:22:06 am »
Sounds nice, but I Don't he or anyone on capital hill has the legal authority ro do it.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2016, 03:31:16 am »
We hated Obama for trying to force states to expand Medicare; it took a SC decision to stop it.

But, hey, now that we're in charge, let's force states to allow CCW.

If the SC overturns Roe v. Wade, states will get to decide.

Whatever happened to conservatives favoring federalism?
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 03:32:27 am by sinkspur »
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2016, 03:38:32 am »
We hated Obama for trying to force states to expand Medicare; it took a SC decision to stop it.

But, hey, now that we're in charge, let's force states to allow CCW.

If the SC overturns Roe v. Wade, states will get to decide.

Whatever happened to conservatives favoring federalism?

Not a thing so far as I know.  As someone up thread has already pointed out the 9th and 10th amendments  will be quickly rediscovered should  any such effort be made. I personally  doubt any such thing is even under consideration.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline mrclose

« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2016, 07:10:08 am »
Hate to burst you Never Trumpers bubbles but Abortion Rights as well as many other so-called Rights that have been pushed down our throats by a radical leftist court are not protected under any amendment as is the "Right to Bear Arms" under the 2nd Amendment.

How does a state like Mexifornia have laws that don't allow concealed or open carry survive?
Definitely an infringement only ruled on and allowed by wacko, liberal courts.

The Supreme Court has never ruled on the law but that may change under Trump!

Here try this ...

TTAG’s John Boch Named To Trump Admin’s Second Amendment Coalition

On November 3 Donald Trump launched the “Second Amendment Coalition,” featuring pro-gun U.S. Congressmen, the NRA-ILA’s Chris Cox, and gun manufacturers like Jesse James and Daniel Defense’s Marty Daniel.

The coalition is being chaired by Donald Trump Jr., an avid hunter and outspoken defender of the right to keep and bear arms, and Chris Cox, executive director of the NRA-ILA.

Breitbart News has the announcement issued by the Trump/Pence campaign in which co-chairman Donald Jr. introduces the coalition, saying:

My father defends the Second Amendment, so that you and I and your spouse and your children can take care of themselves when someone much stronger, much meaner and much more vicious than them tries to break into their home. It’s not just a hobby or something I do on the weekends. It’s a lifestyle, and as my father often says, “It’s about self-defense, plain and simple.”

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2016/11/john-boch/ttags-john-boch-trumps-second-amendment-coalition/

« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 07:10:44 am by mrclose »
~ Self

geronl

« Reply #10 on: November 13, 2016, 07:48:09 am »
None of the federal governments business

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2016, 07:52:49 am »
None of the federal governments business

What are you, some sort of anti-Fascist Constitutionalist who favors federalism?  Come on...drink the Orange Kool-Aid!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 07:53:37 am by Suppressed »
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Offline mrclose

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2016, 09:39:50 am »
Not a thing so far as I know.  As someone up thread has already pointed out the 9th and 10th amendments  will be quickly rediscovered should  any such effort be made. I personally  doubt any such thing is even under consideration.

There is a relatively easy way to achieve nationwide concealed carry. The case of South Dakota v. Dole was the case that essentially established the nationwide drinking age of 21. In Dole, the SCOTUS held that it was constitutional for the Feds to withhold a percentage of federal highway funds to any state which did not set its drinking age at 21.

Dole’s holding has since been applied also to the national .08 blood alcohol level for a DWI. States have to set the maximum BAC at no more than .08 or forfeit a percentage of highway funds.

~ Self