Author Topic: Manchin slams Reid on Trump comments: 'An absolute embarrassment'  (Read 790 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!

Manchin slams Reid on Trump comments: 'An absolute embarrassment'

By Burgess Everett

11/11/16 10:11 PM EST
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter

West Virginia Democratic Sen. Joe Manchin sharply criticized his own party leader on Friday evening, calling Senate Minority Leader Harry Reid's reaction to Donald Trump's election "an absolute embarrassment to the Senate as an institution, our Democratic party, and the nation."

Manchin is one of the chamber's most conservative Democrats and must convince hundreds of thousands of Trump voters to reelect him in 2018. The outgoing Democratic leader, however, is one of Trump's most persistent critics and has spoken out against Trump on the Senate floor repeatedly this year. On Friday Reid called Trump a "sexual predator who lost the popular vote," perhaps the harshest reaction to Trump's victory uttered by a congressional Democratic this week.

Manchin said that Reid's remarks were "wrong!" and immediately moved to distance himself from the Democratic leader. Though Manchin voted against Reid as party leader in 2014, Manchin's criticisms of Reid were usually more mild than Friday's remarks.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/joe-manchin-harry-reid-donald-trump-231276
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
Re: Manchin slams Reid on Trump comments: 'An absolute embarrassment'
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 11:27:48 pm »

"...and to demonstrate my total disgust with the entire leadership of the Democrat Party, I hereby am switching parties to legislate with the Republicans!"     

:laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 11:32:33 pm »
Reid is a creepy little maggot. I am happy to know that he is retiring with a record of being an absolute failure and loser.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 03:33:46 am »
DCPatriot wrote:
"...and to demonstrate my total disgust with the entire leadership of the Democrat Party, I hereby am switching parties to legislate with the Republicans!"

I wouldn't be surprised if Manchin actually does decide to switch parties.

Does he want to get re-elected?

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2016, 03:41:44 am »
Reid is a creepy little maggot.

Indeed.  The worst politician in the whole damn city.   A pustule on the Congress's arse.   
It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: November 13, 2016, 04:04:02 am »

:laugh:

Gonna happen within a month!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2016, 04:15:07 am »
   We already knew what Sen. Manchin was, besides a DemocRat, McConnell is just negotiating 'his' price now and knowing History, McConnell will screw it up.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.