Author Topic: Re: NeverTrumpers Eat Humble Pie  (Read 276 times)

Online LMAO

Re: NeverTrumpers Eat Humble Pie
« on: November 12, 2016, 02:47:36 pm »
@240B

There are two stories out there that contradict his position on Obamacare. So I guess we'll have to wait and see which one is the right one. But if the one about him wanting to keep aspects of Obamacare in place are true, along with his desire to have a stimulus type spending like Barack Obama did, he's probably going to run into a lot of trouble from not only conservatives but many members in Congress. It would mean that he does buy the left's premise of government involvement in healthcare and the economy but that we should just do it smarter and better.

The reason many of us conservatives are leery of him is because he has never held office before and he seems to be all over the map on these issues and statements he makes . So were left guessing what he will really do but, as you said, we will wait-and-see
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online LMAO

« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 03:07:00 pm »
@240B

There are two separate stories out there that contradict each other on his position on Obamacare.

But assuming his position to keep aspects of  Obamacare are true ,  along with his desire to have a Barack Obama style stimulus spending bill, are not only going to cause fights with Republicans in Congress but conservatives as well. That would mean that he does buy the left's premise of government involvement in healthcare and the economy, but just believes that we can do it smarter and better

So you can understand why many of us are leery about a Trump presidency.  All we have right now are his words and sometimes those words contradict each other. Time will tell though and answer all these questions
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online LMAO

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 12:22:33 am »

Of course I thought of that. I'm just not a fool like fanatic anti-Trump crowd. I don't fall for every stupid article saying that he is reversing course. I'm waiting to see what he does.

I know the NeverTrump crowd is still grasping and clinging to their almost religious hope that Trump will fail, or that he will turn out to be a typical Republican and reverse everything he said while campaigning. And he might do that. And if he does I will be right there with you guys admitting I was wrong.

I simply prefer to criticize him once he is actually in office. Rather than to give up hope two months away from him being sworn in office. That is insanity.

As for me, I'm going to wait an see. I'm not going to be swayed by every hit piece the NYTimes vomits up, to sow doubt about what Trump will or will not do.

@240B

And that's all we can do for now

Barry Goldwater

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 06:08:01 pm »
No, Trump is not.  Please, have we at least learned to question MSM spin by now?   **nononono*

We've also learned not to trust Trump's word.
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn