Author Topic: New York Times publisher vows to 'rededicate' paper to reporting honestly  (Read 945 times)

Offline Just_Victor

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2016/11/12/new-york-times-publisher-vows-to-rededicate-itself-to-reporting-honestly.html

Published November 12, 2016

The publisher of The New York Times penned a letter to readers Friday promising that the paper would “reflect” on its coverage of this year’s election while rededicating itself to reporting on “America and the world” honestly.

Arthur O. Sulzberger Jr., the paper’s embattled publisher, appealed to Times readers for their continued support.

“We cannot deliver the independent, original journalism for which we are known without the loyalty of our subscribers,” the letter states.

New York Post columnist and former Times reporter Michael Goodwin wrote, "because it (The Times) demonized Trump from start to finish, it failed to realize he was onto something. And because the paper decided that Trump’s supporters were a rabble of racist rednecks and homophobes, it didn’t have a clue about what was happening in the lives of the Americans who elected the new president.

more...
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 02:55:20 pm by Just_Victor »
If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline LMAO

Re: New York Times publisher vows to 'rededicate' paper to reporting honestly
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 02:56:04 pm »
 So finally after how many years the New York Times has decided to report honestly ?    Is this satire ?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline LMAO

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 03:00:24 pm »
 The US news media in this country has gone to viewing average Americans as the enemy. In their world Obama care is a success and the economy is booming

I have heard from people that they just can't believe how stupid the American people are. I remind them this is why Donald Trump won
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 03:59:22 pm »
I'm sure they will, according to the facts and principles as they define them, as they always have done. As True Believers always do.
The Republic is lost.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 04:02:35 pm »
I would love to see it but I won't be holding my breath!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 04:08:08 pm »
I'll believe it when I see it.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 04:09:32 pm »
I'm sure they will, according to the facts and principles as they define them, as they always have done. As True Believers always do.

That is most likely to be the outcome!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 04:17:16 pm »
The onion really nail it with this one 888high58888

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 04:48:56 pm »
What they mean by this is that now that a Democrat administration is leaving office and a Republican administration taking over, they will stop covering up and start aggressively reporting again.

Ding! Ding! Ding!  We have a winner here folks!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline LMAO

« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2016, 04:50:12 pm »
What they mean by this is that now that a Democrat administration is leaving office and a Republican administration taking over, they will stop covering up and start aggressively reporting again.

And we will now report accurately on the state of the economy and discuss our national debt more

Barry Goldwater

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2016, 04:54:38 pm »
So basically he's admitting they've been reporting bullshit all this time.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean
« Reply #11 on: November 12, 2016, 04:57:33 pm »
Pound sand, New York Times.  Nothing you ever print will be believed, ever again.  You can't regain the trust of most Americans (not that you ever really had the trust of many of us).  You're done for as an arbiter of anything, except perhaps to your mindless leftist drone readers.
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline LMAO

« Reply #12 on: November 12, 2016, 05:13:13 pm »
Pound sand, New York Times.  Nothing you ever print will be believed, ever again.  You can't regain the trust of most Americans (not that you ever really had the trust of many of us).  You're done for as an arbiter of anything, except perhaps to your mindless leftist drone readers.

It might be too little too late for the New York Times

Barry Goldwater

Online Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: November 12, 2016, 05:15:27 pm »
Be fully assured that they will dig into every crack and crevice of the new administration with a vigor not seen for many a year!

- J. R. R. Tolkien