Author Topic: In a crucial Democratic stronghold, Trump surged. Clinton didn’t.  (Read 446 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 In a crucial Democratic stronghold, Trump surged. Clinton didn’t.

By Kim Soffen, Ted Mellnik, Samuel Granados and John Muyskens
Nov. 11, 2016

One of Hillary Clinton’s early warning signs came out of West Philadelphia.

When results started pouring in from the predominately black Democratic stronghold, her numbers were good — her vote share north of 95 percent — but not good enough. She would need to turn out more voters there to counteract the flood of Republican votes coming from other parts of the largely rural state, especially in the face of growing evidence that Donald Trump was seeing a Republican surge.

more
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/politics/2016-election/precinct-post-analysis/
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 01:31:42 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Re: In a crucial Democratic stronghold, Trump surged. Clinton didn’t.
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 04:05:48 pm »
He was also within 5% in Colorado, Minnesota, Maine, Virginia, New Hampshire, and Nevada, none of whom are exactly neon red states. The Dems need to take pause on just exactly how bad they did.
The Republic is lost.

Offline kalee

« Reply #2 on: November 13, 2016, 05:12:40 am »
I live in a small town in a rural county in NC, which up until last Tuesday was solidly Democrat.  We had record voter turnout and went for Trump. Leading up to the election, I noticed fewer political signs of either party in town than in the past. However out in the county signs told a different story. Trump signs dominated overwhelmingly. My husband, some of our friends, and I had talked about the surprising number of signs in the rural parts of the county. Farmers voted Trump.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #3 on: November 13, 2016, 03:38:23 pm »
I live in a small town in a rural county in NC, which up until last Tuesday was solidly Democrat.  We had record voter turnout and went for Trump. Leading up to the election, I noticed fewer political signs of either party in town than in the past. However out in the county signs told a different story. Trump signs dominated overwhelmingly. My husband, some of our friends, and I had talked about the surprising number of signs in the rural parts of the county. Farmers voted Trump.
That would be true across the country....rural areas tend to vote Republican. Here in Wisconsin when the wife and I went for drives in the country, Trump-Pence signs dominated.  It's the big cities who have most of the takers and vote overwhelminingly for Dems.