Author Topic: How the Clinton victory party went from coronation to despair  (Read 970 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
How the Clinton victory party went from coronation to despair
« on: November 12, 2016, 01:16:40 pm »

How the Clinton victory party went from coronation to despair
By Myra Adams • 11/12/16 12:02 AM

The first public sign that Hillary Clinton's campaign was unsure of victory was when they canceled the fireworks scheduled for 9 p.m. on election night.

As it turned out, there were fireworks on Nov. 8, but not from a barge on the Hudson River. Instead, it was political fireworks exploding after the greatest upset in modern presidential history. The degree of the upset was further accentuated by the enormity of the physical site chosen for Clinton's victory party, the Javits Center in Manhattan.

Keeping with Clinton's theme of becoming the first female president, Javits offered a gargantuan glass ceiling to hammer home the meaning of her impending victory.

As the New York Times reported, "The symbolism seems clear. Mrs. Clinton has referred repeatedly of busting through 'the highest, hardest glass ceiling' — at least figuratively — by installing a woman in the Oval Office. If Election Day breaks her way, she will address the nation beneath a literal one."

It would have been a perfect photo opportunity. One could imagine Katy Perry's song "Roar" playing in the background, with Clinton hoarse from yelling the names of all the famous women who helped her break the gargantuan glass ceiling that towered above.

But, as I am fond of saying, "How do you make God laugh? Tell him your plans." God definitely had a different plan for that evening. Clinton could never have imagined she wouldn't even enter Javits on election night.

Besides the symbolic glass ceiling, the selection of Javits signaled Team Clinton's total confidence that victory was assured.

My first visit to Javits was on Monday when I picked up my press credential. I was astounded by what I saw. It looked like grand scale preparations for a national nominating convention with an assumed outcome rather than an event where the outcome was undetermined.

The streets were already blocked, causing traffic havoc with battalions of police ready for anything. Hundreds of journalists were already at their battle stations and rows of satellite trucks lined the streets.

more
http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/how-the-clinton-victory-party-went-from-coronation-to-despair/article/2607188
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rodamala

Re: How the Clinton victory party went from coronation to despair
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 02:10:16 pm »

Offline skeeter

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 02:40:22 pm »
Regardless of what Trump does or doesn't do the way this election played out for the beast was sweet.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 02:49:42 pm »

Regardless of what Trump does or doesn't do the way this election played out for the beast was sweet.

She was truly crushed down to her soul, as were many other people. That's why she ran away to her hotel for a day. It was just so she could have time to vent and to stop crying.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 02:52:42 pm »

:amen:  :amen: and  :amen:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 03:17:23 pm »
My dislike of Trump was quite minor compared to my exhilaration at knowing Hillary and Bill were going to be gone from power forever....I hope.  :beer:

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 03:29:25 pm »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Wingnut

« Reply #7 on: November 12, 2016, 03:40:31 pm »

I think that fact alone is the one silver lining of the black clod that is Trump. Presidency.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #8 on: November 12, 2016, 04:13:04 pm »
This article refreshed my Scadenfreud at the defeat of the corruptocrat. Sweet indeed!
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #9 on: November 12, 2016, 04:13:56 pm »
Principles matter. Words matter.