Author Topic: NeverTrumpers Eat Humble Pie  (Read 16639 times)

Offline DB

Re: NeverTrumpers Eat Humble Pie
« Reply #75 on: November 13, 2016, 02:27:02 am »
You bring up an entirely different argument.

The crow you're eating right now is that Donald Trump is going to be the 45th POTUS.   You know....the guy that was a plant/decoy for Hillary Clinton and who was going to drop out.

That guy.      :whistle:

I said it was a race to the bottom a number of times and that the person with the least negative bombshell near the end would win. Now the question is, will Trump do what I expect him to do or not. If he doesn't, then I was wrong. And honestly, I'd like to be wrong. But I still believe Trump is Trump. Time will tell. And for the record, I'm thrilled Hillary lost.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #76 on: November 13, 2016, 02:31:28 am »
I said it was a race to the bottom a number of times and that the person with the least negative bombshell near the end would win. Now the question is, will Trump do what I expect him to do or not. If he doesn't, then I was wrong. And honestly, I'd like to be wrong. But I still believe Trump is Trump. Time will tell. And for the record, I'm thrilled Hillary lost.

Fair enough!    :beer:

But just don't dismiss your error in judgment on who was going to WIN the actual election, trying to add future predictions that have nothing to do with where we stand- RIGHT NOW!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 02:31:58 am by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #77 on: November 13, 2016, 02:33:15 am »
Like I said, Trumpers don't have any humble to spare. There definitely won't be enough for pie.

Offline DB

« Reply #78 on: November 13, 2016, 03:36:10 am »
Fair enough!    :beer:

But just don't dismiss your error in judgment on who was going to WIN the actual election, trying to add future predictions that have nothing to do with where we stand- RIGHT NOW!

Well actually, my primary concern has always been what he'll do in office based on what he's said over the last 20 years. If he does what I think he'll do the Republican party will be off in the wilderness for at least a decade to come and all conservatives will be branded by the same brush - like they were with GWB. Now that he's won, we'll find out if my concerns were valid or not.

Are you going to hold firm on any of his promises or will you support him regardless of where he takes you?
Are you okay if he doesn't act to repeal Obama care and mostly get the federal government out of our healthcare?
If he doesn't act to "build the wall" and at a minimum fully enforce immigration law?
If he doesn't appoint an actual constitutional conservative to the USSC?

Those will be the test. Hell, I'll give him a passing grade if he really makes an effort on the above even if it doesn't get it all done due to Democratic obstruction.

Will he be able to rise to the office and not respond to virtually every slight with off the top of his head nastiness?

I very much hope so. The office requires measured thoughtfulness before action. The consequences are real now.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #79 on: November 13, 2016, 03:46:00 am »
I'm just amazed at how unhinged some of the Trumpers are at the Never Trumpers because they're not unhinged at the Trump supporters celebrating Trump's win.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #80 on: November 13, 2016, 03:47:33 am »
I'm just amazed at how unhinged some of the Trumpers are at the Never Trumpers because they're not unhinged at the Trump supporters celebrating Trump's win.

888high58888
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #81 on: November 13, 2016, 03:54:34 am »

Names?      :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #82 on: November 13, 2016, 03:56:35 am »

You should be wearing a "kick me" sign until Inauguration Day, buddy.   

....with duct tape over your mouth.    :nometalk:

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #83 on: November 13, 2016, 03:56:53 am »

I'm celebrating Hillary's loss.  That will have to be enough.  I can't get the Dingdong the witch is dead song out of my head.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #84 on: November 13, 2016, 03:57:34 am »

....with duct tape over your mouth.    :nometalk:

Kick me if you think it'll help. 

Why are you mad?

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #85 on: November 13, 2016, 03:59:30 am »
Kick me if you think it'll help. 

Why are you mad?

Mad?

I'm smiling ear to ear, my friend.    :laugh:

Glad you're back.   

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #86 on: November 13, 2016, 04:00:23 am »
I'm celebrating Hillary's loss.  That will have to be enough.  I can't get the Dingdong the witch is dead song out of my head.

Yep.  It's a good thing the Clinton dynasty is dead.

Got a feeling, though, that there's another dynasty attempting to be built.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #87 on: November 13, 2016, 04:01:20 am »
Mad?

I'm smiling ear to ear, my friend.    :laugh:

Glad you're back.

Glad to be back.

It's up to your guy to prove if he's up to this.

I have very low expectations.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #88 on: November 13, 2016, 07:06:10 am »

Of course I thought of that. I'm just not a fool like fanatic anti-Trump crowd. I don't fall for every stupid article saying that he is reversing course. I'm waiting to see what he does.

Oh, so am i, albeit that the end is predictable.

I know the NeverTrump crowd is still grasping and clinging to their almost religious hope that Trump will fail, or that he will turn out to be a typical Republican and reverse everything he said while campaigning. And he might do that. And if he does I will be right there with you guys admitting I was wrong.

It is not 'religious', nor is it a hope. It is just a predictable end.
A man of low character cannot be trusted.
A liberal, on balance, will not do Conservative things. He may give you some successes to bray about, but in the end, it will be a liberal administration doing liberal things, wrapped in the Conservative mantle y'all have hung on him.

I resent that without end.

I simply prefer to criticize him once he is actually in office. Rather than to give up hope two months away from him being sworn in office. That is insanity.

No, insanity is voting a liberal into office and expecting Conservatism.

As for me, I'm going to wait an see. I'm not going to be swayed by every hit piece the NYTimes vomits up, to sow doubt about what Trump will or will not do.

I have so far been content to criticize the swill coming out of Trumps own mouth. It is his own words that find him out.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #89 on: November 13, 2016, 07:57:45 am »
Of course, the question is:

"In what way, shape, or form has President Elect Trump winning the election changed anything about him that made him unacceptable to me as CinC?"

It hasn't. The only thing that can alter that opinion is time, which is why he gets a year from me from the date he is sworn in.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #90 on: November 13, 2016, 10:30:22 am »
Glad to be back.

It's up to your guy to prove if he's up to this.

I have very low expectations.

LOL!   We KNOW you do!     :laugh:

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #91 on: November 13, 2016, 02:04:27 pm »
@sinkspur

GOD: "I see you are back."

DCPATRIOT: "Right on time, too."

GOD: "uh huh. How did it go?"

DCPATRIOT: "I had a GREAT time."

GOD: "Did you do the things I asked you to do?"

DCPATRIOT: "Weellll, with all the other things I had going, you know, career, family, brass ring, voting for Trump, there just wasn't time."

GOD: "uh huh."

DCPATRIOT: "Sooo, whats next?"

GOD: "I guess you will have to wait and see. I don't have time for you right now."
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Wingnut

« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2016, 02:07:26 pm »

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2016, 02:13:28 pm »

"In what way, shape, or form has President Elect Trump winning the election changed anything about him that made him unacceptable to me as CinC?"

It hasn't. The only thing that can alter that opinion is time, which is why he gets a year from me from the date he is sworn in.

He's been a celebrity for more than 30 years and he's still the same degenerate lowlife he was in the 80s. He's not going to change.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #94 on: November 13, 2016, 02:18:17 pm »

You know the Left (Obama/Yellen) has already plotted a financial crisis....zero interest rates and a stimulus going on 8 years.

He's gonna need two years at least.   Just like Reagan needed. 
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 02:18:46 pm by DCPatriot »

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #95 on: November 13, 2016, 02:19:17 pm »
Who will be eating what remains to be seen:

Josh RoginVerified account
‏@joshrogin
Uh oh, @SpeakerRyan tells @jaketapper he's not for Trump's huge trade tariffs. Trouble in GOP paradise? @CNNSotu

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #96 on: November 13, 2016, 02:21:36 pm »

If Trump appoints  an alt-right anti-Semite like Steve Bannon as Chief of Staff, your question will be answered.  And not in the way you want.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #97 on: November 13, 2016, 02:25:12 pm »
You know the Left (Obama/Yellen) has already plotted a financial crisis....zero interest rates and a stimulus going on 8 years.

He's gonna need two years at least.   Just like Reagan needed.

Trump's conspiracy-mongering has rubbed off on you.

He will not get two years to start delivering on jobs.  He will not get two years to figure out what to do with Obamacare.  He will not get two years to show how much more he knows than the generals do.

The dog caught the car.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #98 on: November 13, 2016, 02:42:04 pm »
888high58888

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #99 on: November 13, 2016, 02:43:19 pm »
New regime:  just like the old regime.

Josh RoginVerified account
‏@joshrogin
Giuliani to @jaketapper on ethics laws on conflicts of interests: "Those laws don't apply to the president." I feel so much better.