Author Topic: NeverTrumpers Eat Humble Pie  (Read 16634 times)

Offline goodwithagun

Re: NeverTrumpers Eat Humble Pie
« Reply #50 on: November 12, 2016, 06:21:32 pm »

You are doing the typical internet thing by characterizing something I said in an absurd way, as if I said that, in an attempt to make me look foolish. You know full well that is nothing like nowhere near what I said.

He is a negotiator. He is going to say what he needs to say to appease Obama as long as he needs him. As far as Hilderbeast, he has no reason at all to tip her off to what he may do. You guys are grasping at straws.

Let him do what he does at least until he gets into office. Only then will your criticisms have any meaning. If he gets into office and starts changing his mind about all of his promises, then I will be the first to bow down humbly and agree that all of you were right.

Give him a chance. Let's see what he actually does before any heads start exploding.

It isn't enough you have to Trumpsplain him, but now you're Trumpsplaining yourself.  22222frying pan

I'm willing to give him a chance, but it isn't looking like he's on the right track. I'll be damned if a Trumper is going to tell me not to hold his feet to the fire. You're obviously not going to, so we will have to.
I stand with Roosgirl.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2016, 06:22:22 pm »
  I will wait until he is actually in office and well into his first year, only then will we know what we have for sure. I'm kind of tired of the rhetoric.

Same can be said for any President.  I suspect most of us were gloating when W won, only to find out later what a disappointment he was.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #52 on: November 12, 2016, 06:24:49 pm »
Same can be said for any President.  I suspect most of us were gloating when W won, only to find out later what a disappointment he was.

I wasn't gloating at all (nor do I believe any of us were) when W won after algor tried to steal the election.

I was on my knees in prayer the entire election fiasco that gore, the unhinged, was going to succeed in usurping Constitutional authority, and I was very, very thankful (and still am), but never gloated like an Obama or Trump sycophant.

And didn't know anyone who did.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #53 on: November 12, 2016, 06:25:44 pm »
Well there sure is some humble pie being served!

http://youtu.be/zY3nRgEZTm8
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #54 on: November 12, 2016, 06:50:54 pm »

That's excellent, @Bigun !!   
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #55 on: November 12, 2016, 07:25:40 pm »
Now with softer language so delicate Trumper sensitivities are unbruised.

Y'all can take your humble pie and shove it.

If you demand that people get in line and get on the plantation, expect people to resist your neodemocrat party.

Well, I'm done being a slave on their plantation, and I am forever done with them and their party.

There is going to be no 'humble pie' for me. 

I plan on looking at and reacting to Trump and his regime the same exact way I saw and reacted to Obama and his regime:

With vigilance and instantaneous calling out every single moment and time he steps on the Constitution and enables liberalism.

But none of that will matter to either the saluting masses who adore him, or the Marxist Left who plan on scorched earth who oppose him.

Mine will be a very minority opinion and belief system in a nation gone willingly into statism.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #56 on: November 12, 2016, 07:30:50 pm »

@Bigun

Holy crap - that's pretty damn good.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #57 on: November 12, 2016, 07:31:16 pm »
No doubt the campaign pretzels will be in full force twisting and  turning all the latest fumbles and mumbles into swoons.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #58 on: November 12, 2016, 08:03:11 pm »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #59 on: November 12, 2016, 08:31:19 pm »
So, he is used to bluffing and manipulating to get what he needs to move to the next level.

Did you ever stop too think he might, just might, be bluffing and manipulating YOU?

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #60 on: November 12, 2016, 08:36:47 pm »

That's what all those who demand we commit idolatry think of us when we refuse to bow and capitulate.

I'm sure that is a similar mind-picture of what ISIS sees of Christians refuse to renounce Yeshua and convert to Islam.

No sir - we are not eating your vegetables.  They are not good for us.

Because they are hand grenades and not broccoli.

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline musiclady

« Reply #61 on: November 12, 2016, 09:02:05 pm »
No doubt the campaign pretzels will be in full force twisting and  turning all the latest fumbles and mumbles into swoons.

It's already happening.

The manipulation of facts to conform to their religious beliefs is quite amazing.
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Wingnut

« Reply #62 on: November 13, 2016, 12:01:51 am »

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #63 on: November 13, 2016, 12:19:14 am »

Did you ever stop too think he might, just might, be bluffing and manipulating YOU?

Of course I thought of that. I'm just not a fool like fanatic anti-Trump crowd. I don't fall for every stupid article saying that he is reversing course. I'm waiting to see what he does.

I know the NeverTrump crowd is still grasping and clinging to their almost religious hope that Trump will fail, or that he will turn out to be a typical Republican and reverse everything he said while campaigning. And he might do that. And if he does I will be right there with you guys admitting I was wrong.

I simply prefer to criticize him once he is actually in office. Rather than to give up hope two months away from him being sworn in office. That is insanity.

As for me, I'm going to wait an see. I'm not going to be swayed by every hit piece the NYTimes vomits up, to sow doubt about what Trump will or will not do.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Online goatprairie

« Reply #64 on: November 13, 2016, 12:38:38 am »
Well, I'm done being a slave on their plantation, and I am forever done with them and their party.

I plan on looking at and reacting to Trump and his regime the same exact way I saw and reacted to Obama and his regime:

With vigilance and instantaneous calling out every single moment and time he steps on the Constitution and enables liberalism.

But none of that will matter to either the saluting masses who adore him, or the Marxist Left who plan on scorched earth who oppose him.

Mine will be a very minority opinion and belief system in a nation gone willingly into statism.
I voted for Trump because the thought of Hillary as president was too awful to contemplate. I made the gamble that a Trump presidency will be less worse than a Clinton presidency.
I don't expect Trump to be great, I just hope he's stopped from his more stupid ideas.
He's still totally unqualified to be president and is going to hurt the future of conservatism. He is a populist/liberal who can't be trusted. He's already backtracked on his promise to repeal Obamacare.
Who knows where he'll take us.
If he can make good on his immigration policies, that will be good. And some others like defunding sanctuary cities and cracking down on the lawlessness abetted by the Obama admin.
But what could have been the beginning of a conservative rebirth with a better candidate has been dashed. We'll give him time, but I'm not expecting a lot.

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #65 on: November 13, 2016, 12:47:16 am »
I voted for Trump because the thought of Hillary as president was too awful to contemplate. I made the gamble that a Trump presidency will be less worse than a Clinton presidency.
I don't expect Trump to be great, I just hope he's stopped from his more stupid ideas.
He's still totally unqualified to be president and is going to hurt the future of conservatism. He is a populist/liberal who can't be trusted. He's already backtracked on his promise to repeal Obamacare.
Who knows where he'll take us.
If he can make good on his immigration policies, that will be good. And some others like defunding sanctuary cities and cracking down on the lawlessness abetted by the Obama admin.
But what could have been the beginning of a conservative rebirth with a better candidate has been dashed. We'll give him time, but I'm not expecting a lot.

History teaches us that it was fear of Communists that drove people in Italy and Germany to salute and embrace Fascism, because the undergirding issue was that the bulk of their people wanted big Statism and retribution on whom they blamed for their misery and fear.

Nothing new under the sun.

Online DB

« Reply #66 on: November 13, 2016, 12:51:27 am »

Not exactly. You guys may be right, but I'm not sure it will be government controlled. At least not in the way Obamacare or Single payer is. I mean healthcare has always been government controlled, if you count regulations.

My understanding is that Trump wants to return healthcare to the way it was before Obamacare, more or less, only with a few enhancements. But honestly, nobody knows what Trump has in mind. And we will not know the final product until it passes in Congress.

But, anything has to be better than Obamacare. Obamacare is an utter failure and a complete disaster. Weather or not Trump repeals it, it would fail of its own accord anyway in a few more years, at best. Something was going to happen, with or without Trump.

I'm sorry but that isn't possible. Trump has said recently that his plan is going to require coverage of preexisting conditions. As soon as you dictate that you have to require people "buy" insurance, hence the mandate. No one in their right mind would buy insurance when they have to take you later if something goes wrong. So it isn't going back to what it was period if Trump does what he's says he's going to do. And if you have to take people with preexisting conditions you no longer are talking about "insurance". The risk element is gone. It would be like requiring home owners insurance companies to cover preexisting conditions... Then you can buy insurance after your house burns down...

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #67 on: November 13, 2016, 01:03:45 am »
I'm sorry but that isn't possible. Trump has said recently that his plan is going to require coverage of preexisting conditions. As soon as you dictate that you have to require people "buy" insurance, hence the mandate. No one in their right mind would buy insurance when they have to take you later if something goes wrong. So it isn't going back to what it was period if Trump does what he's says he's going to do. And if you have to take people with preexisting conditions you no longer are talking about "insurance". The risk element is gone. It would be like requiring home owners insurance companies to cover preexisting conditions... Then you can buy insurance after your house burns down...

But they don't have to take you IMMEDIATELY if something goes wrong. There are open enrollment windows and waiting times before the insurance kicks in. Unless you qualify for Medicaid.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #68 on: November 13, 2016, 01:05:59 am »

Your sentiments are valid although they are premature. First, we don't yet know what Trump's plan will look like. Second, Trump is the consummate business man. Nobody would know better than he what you have just explained. Trump is not a fool. He knows that forcing companies to cover a situation after the fact is insanity.

1. We don't yet know the specifics of what Trump will propose.
2. We can't know how the proposal will be modified by Congress before it is passed.
3. No matter what Trump does, it has to be better than Obamacare.

We are so used to being screwed over by politicians that it will take time to get used to the idea that just possibly we have a real competent guy, who knows what he is doing, and who is on our side. At this point, that is still difficult to comprehend.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #69 on: November 13, 2016, 01:15:26 am »

Your sentiments are valid although they are premature. First, we don't yet know what Trump's plan will look like. Second, Trump is the consummate business man. Nobody would know better than he what you have just explained. Trump is not a fool. He knows that forcing companies to cover a situation after the fact is insanity.

2. We can't know how the proposal will be modified by Congress before it is passed.

We are so used to being screwed over by politicians that it will take time to get used to the idea that just possibly we have a real competent guy, who knows what he is doing, and who is on our side. At this point, that is still difficult to comprehend.

Age and treachery.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DB

« Reply #70 on: November 13, 2016, 01:26:52 am »

I'll wait to see what he does. I'd love to be pleasantly surprised. I'm just saying his words conflict with reality. Requiring coverage of preexisting conditions and no mandate is logical fallacy.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #71 on: November 13, 2016, 02:07:04 am »
Here ya go, ne'ertrumpers, have some on me:

Plenty more where that came from.

Like Don Corleone said, "I don' fuggedabout this..."

Online DB

« Reply #72 on: November 13, 2016, 02:11:18 am »
Here ya go, ne'ertrumpers, have some on me:

Plenty more where that came from.

Like Don Corleone said, "I don' fuggedabout this..."

You seem to be an expert.

We'll know if crow is on the menu in a year or so and who is serving and who is dining.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #73 on: November 13, 2016, 02:15:59 am »
240b wrote:
All of these 'reports' are just click bait nonsense. But I'm sure you guys will cling to them like a bulldog, praying that Trump changes his mind or whatever. Keep the faith my friends. You have been wrong about everything you have said for two years now, maybe you'll be right and I will be wrong for once. You guys deserve to be right about something, at least once.

Good on ya, 240b.

You know how to rub it in!
Here's sumthin' to help with my compliments!

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #74 on: November 13, 2016, 02:16:52 am »
You seem to be an expert.

We'll know if crow is on the menu in a year or so and who is serving and who is dining.

You bring up an entirely different argument.

The crow you're eating right now is that Donald Trump is going to be the 45th POTUS.   You know....the guy that was a plant/decoy for Hillary Clinton and who was going to drop out.

That guy.      :whistle:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald