Author Topic: NeverTrumpers Eat Humble Pie  (Read 16840 times)

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: NeverTrumpers Eat Humble Pie
« Reply #125 on: November 13, 2016, 06:52:53 pm »

My understanding is that Trump wants to return healthcare to the way it was before Obamacare, more or less, only with a few enhancements. But honestly, nobody knows what Trump has in mind. And we will not know the final product until it passes in Congress.

Hang on, I'm having deja vu all over again...

(SanFranNan:"You have to pass it to find out what is in it.", talking about the ACA...)
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 06:53:12 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #126 on: November 13, 2016, 06:54:50 pm »
Maybe it should be the Trumpers who should eat humble pie. He won in spite of the never Trumpers. Now that he won and turned the myth about voting for a third party as a vote for Hillary into a turdblossom, it will be incumbent upon him to put actions where his mouth was.

:amen:

PS  The autocorrect has a red squiggly line under "turdblossom".  I think you spelled it wrong.

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #127 on: November 13, 2016, 06:55:38 pm »
Hang on, I'm having deja vu all over again...

(SanFranNan:"You have to pass it to find out what is in it.", talking about the ACA...)

I had the same thought as you.  But hey, as long it's our side this time, right? :P

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #128 on: November 13, 2016, 07:25:01 pm »
Well, I'm done being a slave on their plantation, and I am forever done with them and their party.

There is going to be no 'humble pie' for me. 

I plan on looking at and reacting to Trump and his regime the same exact way I saw and reacted to Obama and his regime:

With vigilance and instantaneous calling out every single moment and time he steps on the Constitution and enables liberalism.

But none of that will matter to either the saluting masses who adore him, or the Marxist Left who plan on scorched earth who oppose him.

Mine will be a very minority opinion and belief system in a nation gone willingly into statism.
Part of the unique position those of us who supported neither major candidate is that we (regardless of who had prevailed) retain the ability to regard, assess, and critique any proposed policy by any politician without the "my guy" bias.

My guy lost the election. Dismally. Maybe next time, but for now, the results are what they are.

Now the POTUS elect is working on his transition to office, and there was a lengthy list of promises which he made on the way to getting elected. Frankly, I hope he doesn't keep some of those, I think some would be disastrous. However there are others he made I could agree with, but either way, those are the standards he established by which we can all measure his own performance.

IF we aren't blinded to that performance or lack thereof by the cult of personality.

In this sense, those of us who were #nevertrump#neverhillary throughout the election have a unique perspective. We can, without the bias and willful blindness of a supporter, assess how he does. He gave us a scorecard, and now we can make an honest call as to his performance. I'm willing to give him credit when he gets it right, but I won't dissimulate when he gets it wrong, and I think others here can be trusted to do the same.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #129 on: November 13, 2016, 07:26:38 pm »
:amen:

PS  The autocorrect has a red squiggly line under "turdblossom".  I think you spelled it wrong.
Just right click and select "add to dictionary". the squigglies go away! (Mine has a line under autocorrect, too.)

C S Lewis

Wingnut

« Reply #130 on: November 13, 2016, 07:30:34 pm »

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #131 on: November 13, 2016, 07:33:18 pm »
You know the Left (Obama/Yellen) has already plotted a financial crisis....zero interest rates and a stimulus going on 8 years.

He's gonna need two years at least.   Just like Reagan needed.

Nope. One year to show he's actually a decent CinC. If someone is plotting a financial crisis - well crises go with the territory of being president.
He's got his day one list and his first hundred day list - I'm giving him over three times that time to get it done.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #132 on: November 13, 2016, 07:44:06 pm »
Nope. One year to show he's actually a decent CinC. If someone is plotting a financial crisis - well crises go with the territory of being president.
He's got his day one list and his first hundred day list - I'm giving him over three times that time to get it done.

Initiating his policies and looking for results in one thing.

Being purposely sabotaged by the LEFT and the powers behind same is another thing altogether. 
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #133 on: November 13, 2016, 07:44:47 pm »
Part of the unique position those of us who supported neither major candidate is that we (regardless of who had prevailed) retain the ability to regard, assess, and critique any proposed policy by any politician without the "my guy" bias.

Absolutely.  It is liberating isn't it?

Now the POTUS elect is working on his transition to office, and there was a lengthy list of promises which he made on the way to getting elected. Frankly, I hope he doesn't keep some of those, I think some would be disastrous. However there are others he made I could agree with, but either way, those are the standards he established by which we can all measure his own performance.

If I was a betting man, given the make-up of the feckless GOP, the radical Leftists in the DNC and the majority of the country that WANT big government statism - I discern he will make good on those Fascist policies that we know will be disastrous - and renege on those that would serve the Constitution, limited government and moral principles.

I'm willing to give him credit when he gets it right, but I won't dissimulate when he gets it wrong, and I think others here can be trusted to do the same.

I also, am willing to give his regime credit when they serve their oath faithfully and support the principles you and I are governed by.  I have yet to see much in anything beyond just sound bites for public consumption and a lot of stupid rhetoric.  What I have seen explanations of, is his necessity to walk back several of his key campaign promises.  So I am under no illusion that I will be exclaiming his kudos very often.

I think I will be spending about the same amount of time in criticism as I have been of the Obama regime, and the GOP these past 12 years.  I expect no change.

But Trump will get praise when he actually accomplishes those things that serve Conservatism and the Constitution adequately.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #134 on: November 13, 2016, 07:46:44 pm »

Being purposely sabotaged by the LEFT and the powers behind same is another thing altogether.

But I thought Trump was this miracle deal maker and negotiator??

Surely they would not sabotage a deal they make with someone so skilled in such things?

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #135 on: November 13, 2016, 07:52:49 pm »

What "left"?  There's no "left".

Trump owns the whole shebang. 

He loves to blame others for his failures but he can't do that for the next four years.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #136 on: November 13, 2016, 07:54:11 pm »
What "left"?  There's no "left".

Trump owns the whole shebang. 

He loves to blame others for his failures but he can't do that for the next four years.

Oh....I'm sorry.

I must have missed the memo that the Federal Reserve Chairman is an underling of the sitting POTUS.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #137 on: November 13, 2016, 07:57:05 pm »
Oh....I'm sorry.

I must have missed the memo that the Federal Reserve Chairman is an underling of the sitting POTUS.

Yeah.  The one Democrat with a board made up mostly of Republicans gets the blame for all of Trump's failures.

Why are you already making excuses for him?
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #138 on: November 13, 2016, 08:04:37 pm »
Absolutely.  It is liberating isn't it?
Eminently!

If I was a betting man, given the make-up of the feckless GOP, the radical Leftists in the DNC and the majority of the country that WANT big government statism - I discern he will make good on those Fascist policies that we know will be disastrous - and renege on those that would serve the Constitution, limited government and moral principles.
That is about my take on all of this, but in fairness and the interest of establishing a valid and inarguable standard, I just used Trump's own promises.
There are a few there I would rather he not implement because I, too, think they would either further the advance of statism, make our government even more totalitarian, or just be bad policy, but they go along with the package.
I also, am willing to give his regime credit when they serve their oath faithfully and support the principles you and I are governed by.  I have yet to see much in anything beyond just sound bites for public consumption and a lot of stupid rhetoric.  What I have seen explanations of, is his necessity to walk back several of his key campaign promises.  So I am under no illusion that I will be exclaiming his kudos very often.

I think I will be spending about the same amount of time in criticism as I have been of the Obama regime, and the GOP these past 12 years.  I expect no change.

But Trump will get praise when he actually accomplishes those things that serve Conservatism and the Constitution adequately.
Yep!

C S Lewis

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #139 on: November 13, 2016, 08:07:29 pm »
Yeah.  The one Democrat with a board made up mostly of Republicans gets the blame for all of Trump's failures.

Why are you already making excuses for him?

I'm not, buddy.

Why are you already assigning failure to him?    :shrug:

Offline Longmire

« Reply #140 on: November 13, 2016, 09:56:49 pm »

The correct spelling of that word is "McMullin".

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #141 on: November 13, 2016, 10:06:13 pm »
The correct spelling of that word is "McMullin".

No argument there. The term for him I used was "turd in the punch bowl".
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #142 on: November 13, 2016, 10:39:14 pm »
I'm not, buddy.

Why are you already assigning failure to him?   

I'd say making Rinse Prius his Chief of Staff is a good indication of failure, or revelation of the total con you guys bought into.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #143 on: November 13, 2016, 10:45:36 pm »
I'd say making Rinse Prius his Chief of Staff is a good indication of failure, or revelation of the total con you guys bought into.

Yeah.......... that was a thrilling announcement, wasn't it??   **nononono*
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #144 on: November 13, 2016, 11:01:05 pm »
Yeah.......... that was a thrilling announcement, wasn't it??   **nononono*

I'm thrilled. Really thrilled. On the edge of my seat thrilled. Out of my seat thrilled. Shouting it from the rooftops thrilled. Telling the whole world thrilled. oh...no...i think i just molted down...there are feathers EVERYWHERE...
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Smokin Joe

« Reply #145 on: November 13, 2016, 11:08:14 pm »
I'm thrilled. Really thrilled. On the edge of my seat thrilled. Out of my seat thrilled. Shouting it from the rooftops thrilled. Telling the whole world thrilled. oh...no...i think i just molted down...there are feathers EVERYWHERE...
Quick! Gather 'em up and make pillows or comforters or something...

When you get lemons...

C S Lewis

Offline musiclady

« Reply #146 on: November 13, 2016, 11:12:45 pm »

When you get lemons...

When you get lemons, you make a pillow???    :tongue2:
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #147 on: November 13, 2016, 11:13:20 pm »

When you get lemons...

https://youtu.be/rinz9Avvq6A

How do you post Youtube vids?

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #148 on: November 13, 2016, 11:14:44 pm »

:silly:

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #149 on: November 13, 2016, 11:23:26 pm »

No, in the Age of Trump you pretend those are eggs - you paint them gold and you sell them to suckers.