Author Topic: NeverTrumpers Eat Humble Pie  (Read 16805 times)

Offline sinkspur

Re: NeverTrumpers Eat Humble Pie
« Reply #100 on: November 13, 2016, 02:47:31 pm »
Did somebody say Trump was going to cut back on the tweets?

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
Wow, the @nytimes is losing thousands of subscribers because of their very poor and highly inaccurate coverage of the "Trump phenomena"
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #101 on: November 13, 2016, 02:56:16 pm »
Trump's conspiracy-mongering has rubbed off on you.

He will not get two years to start delivering on jobs.  He will not get two years to figure out what to do with Obamacare.  He will not get two years to show how much more he knows than the generals do.

The dog caught the car.

LOL!  You're a riot! 

I'm not the least bit worried about creating jobs and bringing back the 40 hour work week.

There's over a TRILLION $$$ coming home from abroad. 

What concerns me is the manipulation of interest rates, which will 'cancel out' any treadmill gains trying to get "into the black", so to speak.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #102 on: November 13, 2016, 02:58:53 pm »

Donald J. TrumpVerified account
‏@realDonaldTrump
Wow, the @nytimes is losing thousands of subscribers because of their very poor and highly inaccurate coverage of the "Trump phenomena"

LOL!

Just realize, Sink...it's no longer Donald Trump, the loudmouthed candidate, but the President of the United States.

It's impossible for the MSM to selectively ignore him now.     
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #103 on: November 13, 2016, 03:01:12 pm »
LOL!  You're a riot! 

I'm not the least bit worried about creating jobs and bringing back the 40 hour work week.

What concerns me is the manipulation of interest rates, which will 'cancel out' any treadmill gains trying to get "into the black", so to speak.

My fantasy didn't come true.

Yours won't either.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #104 on: November 13, 2016, 03:01:56 pm »
LOL!

Just realize, Sink...it's no longer Donald Trump, the loudmouthed candidate, but the President of the United States.

It's impossible for the MSM to selectively ignore him now.     

Perhaps you should tell him that.

Offline Longmire

« Reply #105 on: November 13, 2016, 03:18:33 pm »

It's the #nevertrump jackasses who need to cut back on their tweets, not Trump.  :nono:

Offline LMAO

« Reply #106 on: November 13, 2016, 03:19:47 pm »
What the economy needs first is a recession. A good recession will give a chance for all the malinvestments to be flushed out of the economy and all the bad economic decisions made over the years provided it's allowed to run its normal course. The problem with the Recession in 2000 and the one in 2008 was, instead of letting them work themselves out, we had more bubbles, stimulus, and just general bad policy. We also ended up with an overvalued, rigged Stock Market and manipulated interest rates

The problem is Trump wants more stimulus. The GOP in Congress need to resist that. There also needs to be cuts in federal spending. Not just slowing in deficit spending or debt accumulation, but real, deep cuts across the board in spending. The growing debt will drag down real, sustained economic growth.

If the GOP goes along with Trump's spending desires, we will, at some point, see another situation repeated as happened in 2006 and then especially in 2008 were the GOP ended up losing everything
« Last Edit: November 13, 2016, 03:21:08 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #107 on: November 13, 2016, 03:20:34 pm »
It's the #nevertrump jackasses who need to cut back on their tweets, not Trump.  :nono:

Act like a winner, Longmire. Not a loser.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #108 on: November 13, 2016, 03:28:28 pm »
What the economy needs first is a recession. A good recession will give a chance for all the malinvestments to be flushed out of the economy and all the bad economic decisions made over the years provided it's allowed to run its normal course. The problem with the Recession in 2000 and the one in 2008 was, instead of letting them work themselves out, we had more bubbles, stimulus, and just general bad policy. We also ended up with an overvalued, rigged Stock Market and manipulated interest rates

The problem is Trump wants more stimulus. The GOP in Congress need to resist that. There also needs to be cuts in federal spending. Not just slowing in deficit spending or debt accumulation, but real, deep cuts across the board in spending. The growing debt will drag down real, sustained economic growth.

If the GOP goes along with Trump's spending desires, we will, at some point, see another situation repeated as happened in 2006 and then especially in 2008 were the GOP ended up losing everything

The days of cutting federal spending are over.  There hasn't been a single voice advocating that position from the conservative side in the last three months.

Spending money we don't have is the mandate the Republicans are taking away from this election. More debt, more crony capitalism,  not reforming entitlements that are close to bankruptcy. 

Conservative principles have always been at odds with Trumpism.  My guess is that, heady with hubris, Republicans are going to go with Trumpism.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #109 on: November 13, 2016, 03:30:07 pm »
 Trump also has stated he is going to leave entitlement spending alone. This is one promise he should break.

I'm confident that "IvankaCare" is no longer on the table but if he proposes it, his supporters need to say no
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #110 on: November 13, 2016, 03:30:39 pm »
Stock Market is up up and away.

Where's the big money at?

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #111 on: November 13, 2016, 03:33:34 pm »
Stock Market is up up and away.

Where's the big money at?

Anticipating a trillion dollar infusion from the federal government.  The stock market always does well under Democrats.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #112 on: November 13, 2016, 03:35:20 pm »
The days of cutting federal spending are over.  There hasn't been a single voice advocating that position from the conservative side in the last three months.

Spending money we don't have is the mandate the Republicans are taking away from this election. More debt, more crony capitalism,  not reforming entitlements that are close to bankruptcy. 

Conservative principles have always been at odds with Trumpism.  My guess is that, heady with hubris, Republicans are going to go with Trumpism.

@sinkspur

You're a cynic

It's our big government now. Be happy. It'll be our party now controlling big deficits and growing debt. :silly:

Barry Goldwater

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #113 on: November 13, 2016, 03:40:49 pm »
@sinkspur

You're a cynic

It's our big government now. Be happy. It'll be our party now controlling big deficits and growing debt. :silly:

Google searches for "smaller government" will find few references for the next four years.

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #114 on: November 13, 2016, 03:50:33 pm »
We had eight years of I WON
And nothing has changed.
We are used to the phone and the pen and that won't change either.
As for the violent protesters.  We have a pres elect who praised Putin for being willing to kill journalists.
Think about what it is that some admire so much about the pres elect.
Darned if I know.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #115 on: November 13, 2016, 03:53:39 pm »
Conservative Principles are pretty much at odds with the whole GOD DAMNED country.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #116 on: November 13, 2016, 04:04:53 pm »
@sinkspur

You're a cynic

If the words "big government" make you happy..... you might be a liberal.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #117 on: November 13, 2016, 04:12:39 pm »
We had eight years of I WON
And nothing has changed.
We are used to the phone and the pen and that won't change either.
As for the violent protesters.  We have a pres elect who praised Putin for being willing to kill journalists.
Think about what it is that some admire so much about the pres elect.
Darned if I know.

Both sides are becoming so similar its getting hard to tell the difference any more. Today the left is throwing tantrums and calling for a rejection of the electoral college and 4 years ago Trump was calling for both. The supporters of neither side have the courage to acknowledge these similarities.

Today we have the battle of false memes and narratives. On the left they're running pics of a million anti Trump protesters in LA that in reality is footage of a massive protest in Venezuela a while back. On the Trump side they're running security cam footage of a homeless man being beaten to death by anti Trump protesters but the video appears to have come from 2005.

Both sides are dishonest and completely immoral and can go to hell together.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #118 on: November 13, 2016, 04:13:40 pm »
Conservative Principles are pretty much at odds with the whole GOD DAMNED country.

In some ways, yes

But math and economic reality is still math and economic reality.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
« Reply #119 on: November 13, 2016, 04:18:39 pm »
LOL!  You're a riot! 

What broad?
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #120 on: November 13, 2016, 04:22:32 pm »
Thanks Luis  for the morning giggle.  What broad is right!!!

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #121 on: November 13, 2016, 04:23:40 pm »

Sadly, we have moved on from Rev. Wright to alt/right.   Pray for America.

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
« Reply #122 on: November 13, 2016, 05:51:49 pm »
In some ways, yes

But math and economic reality is still math and economic reality.

Yeah right. A little bit of creative accounting and the mess just goes away. Everything is fine. Horse apples.
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online DCPatriot

« Reply #123 on: November 13, 2016, 06:09:27 pm »

Offline RetBobbyMI

« Reply #124 on: November 13, 2016, 06:17:36 pm »
Maybe it should be the Trumpers who should eat humble pie. He won in spite of the never Trumpers. Now that he won and turned the myth about voting for a third party as a vote for Hillary into a turdblossom, it will be incumbent upon him to put actions where his mouth was.
"Life is tough, but it's tougher when you're stupid."  -- John Wayne
"Talk sense to a fool and he calls you foolish.� ? Euripides, The Bacchae
"Sometimes I wonder whether the world is being run by smart people who are putting us on or by imbeciles who really mean it.� ? Laurence J. Peter, The Peter Principle
"A stupid man's report of what a clever man says can never be accurate, because he unconsciously translates what he hears into something he can understand.� ? Bertrand Russell, A History of Western Philosophy