Author Topic: Republicans’ Midwestern Future (2013)  (Read 679 times)

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Republicans’ Midwestern Future (2013)
« on: November 12, 2016, 09:14:28 am »
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/2013/05/16/republicans-midwestern-future/

Good article and prophetic.

GOP base will eventually be located in the MidWest and deep South. Even Texas will go Blue eventually IMO.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Republicans’ Midwestern Future (2013)
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2016, 12:06:07 pm »
I've said for years both here and at TOS that Michigan was edging to the right. Michigan and Wisconsin have taken similar paths. And no it doesn't have anything to do with Trump.

Online LMAO

« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2016, 12:11:12 pm »
I've said for years both here and at TOS that Michigan was edging to the right. Michigan and Wisconsin have taken similar paths. And no it doesn't have anything to do with Trump.

In my state of Wi, it was Gov. Doyle. Speaking of which, we had a state assemblyman here in my district in NW WI who introduced in the state house Articles of Impeachment for GWB. Even many in his own party couldn't figure out what the hell he was doing
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2016, 12:55:38 pm »

I think eventually even Minnesota might go red, eventually, maybe after even I'm gone. That will be the high water mark of this effect.

Online LMAO

« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2016, 01:05:08 pm »

I think eventually even Minnesota might go red, eventually, maybe after even I'm gone. That will be the high water mark of this effect.

In the 8th district, they went big for Oberstar. Then he lost to Cravaak(sp). Then he lost to Nolan. But both times, Nolan barely beat Mills.

NE Mn and the Twin Cities are the blue areas of Mn
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2016, 01:36:00 pm »
Governors like Walker have helped Midwestern folks relate to the Republican party more; all constituencies need to see the Republican party as looking after their interests more.

The Democratic party also loses ground when it makes things like who uses what bathroom a priority.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2016, 03:43:41 pm »
Iowa for example is considered a purple state. Before 2010 the Dems had full control of the state government, 3 of 5 Congressmen, and one Senator.

In this election all but 5 counties voted for Trump, including many blue collar union Democrat counties in eastern Iowa. We now have the Governor seat as well as both houses after flipping the state Senate this time. And we not only flipped it, we took out 6 long time Democrats, their #1 and #2 guy, and several of their leadership.

Almost got a 7th, the guy running in my district, lost by 157 votes (if I would have known it would be that close I'd have helped the guy). Haven't checked the other races yet, but we are now 32-18 in the majority in the Senate. 6 years ago it was reversed.

3 of our 4 Congressmen are Republican, as are both U.S. Senators. In the 4th seat the guy only lost by 7% as a new comer to a 10 year incumbent. Of the minor offices our State Auditor, Secretary of State, and Ag Secretary are GOP. They only have Treasurer and Attorney General.

We are now almost as red as Oklahoma. Not bad for an Upper Midwest sort-of liberal state.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 03:54:00 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.