Author Topic: Sorry America, we're not leaving! Celebrities who had promised to leave for Canada and beyond decide to stay (so is it just a coincidence that Trump is planning tax cuts?)  (Read 1027 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Sorry America, we're not leaving! Celebrities who had promised to leave for Canada and beyond decide to stay (so is it just a coincidence that Trump is planning tax cuts?)

Stars who had said they would quit America if he won have abandoned their promises before President-elect Trump is even inaugurated
    Those who made hasty U-turns include Miley Cyrus, Whoopi Goldberg, Amy Schumer, Bryan Cranston and Chelsea Handler
    Others have gone quiet, including Chloe Sevigny and Ne-Yo
    Lena Dunham has still to address her pledge despite a 1,700-word jeremiad on how watching Clinton lose brought her out in hives
    Quite why so many celebrity would-be emigrants have declined to go is unclear, although financial circumstances may have provided a motivation
    Trump has said he will chop the top income tax rate to 33 per cent, so there is no financial benefit to fleeing to Canada where it is the same

By Ruth Styles For Dailymail.com

Published: 11:44 EST, 11 November 2016 | Updated: 15:08 EST, 11 November 2016

It is the first broken promise of the incoming Trump administration - and he didn't even make it.

Celebrities who had said they would quit America if he won have abandoned their promises before President-elect Donald Trump is even inaugurated.

Some dismissed what they pledged as a 'joke' and others simply went to ground when asked by DailyMail.com when they were packing up and heading to Canada or other countries.

The wave of celebrity U-turns was led by Madonna who abandoned a promise to perform sex acts on men who voted for Clinton before the polls even opened.

It is not known if anyone has complained about their disappointment to the multimillionaire liberal singer, 58, over her volte face.

more
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3927506/Celebrities-promised-leave-Canada-decide-stay-just-coincidence-Trump-planning-tax-cuts.html#ixzz4PjgmSJ3O
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline goatprairie

Offline LMAO

I'm just thankful that Miley Cyrus is staying

What a loss to American 21st Century culture if she left
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline dfwgator

Trump should have made them a deal.

For every celebrity that leaves, we'll keep one illegal alien.

Offline goatprairie

I'm just thankful that Miley Cyrus is staying

What a loss to American 21st Century culture if she left
I wonder how many white non-celebrity women saw Miley the Twerker endorsing Hillary and were disgusted? I think those idiot female no-talent celebrities cost Hillary more than a few white female votes.

Offline starstruck

• Hoping 2018 is a good year
Firearms stand next in importance to the Constitution itself. They are the American people�s liberty teeth and keystone under independence. � George Washington