Author Topic: Classes Being Canceled Because Trump Won Is the Reason Why Trump Won  (Read 2091 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: NATIONAL REVIEW

URL: http://www.nationalreview.com/article/442083/donald-trump-school-closing-2016

BY Katherine Timpf

So, Donald Trump won the presidential election, and colleges and universities around the country are predictably canceling classes and exams because students are predictably too devastated to be able to do their schoolwork.

It’s everywhere. A professor at University of Michigan postponed an exam after too many students complained about their “very serious” stress. Columbia University postponed midterms, a Yale University professor made an exam optional, a University of Iowa professor canceled classes and a University of Connecticut professor excused class absences — all because their students just absolutely could not function knowing that they’d have to live in a country where their president would not be the president that they wanted. And it’s not even just the students — a University of Rochester professor canceled all of his meetings with students the day after the election because he decided he just could not bear to talk about it with them.

Reading all of these stories, I really have to wonder: Do any of these people realize that this kind of behavior is exactly why Donald Trump won? The initial appeal of Donald Trump was that he served as a long-awaited contrast to the infantilization and absurd demands for political correctness and “safe spaces” sweeping our society, and the way these people are responding is only reminding Trump voters why they did what they did.

First of all, let me say that I’m far from surprised that these kids are having mental breakdowns over this. Throughout the campaign, the mere sight of “Trump 2016” written in chalk was enough for students to demand a safe space. A professor at the University of North Carolina–Wilmington erased Trump chalkings on campus so students wouldn’t have to see them. A Bias Response Team at Skidmore College determined that writing “Make America Great Again” on dry-erase boards amounted to performing “racialized, targeted attacks.” Realizing that you are going to have to deal with Donald Trump being the president must be a hell of a lot to handle after you’ve been conditioned to believe you shouldn’t even have to deal with seeing his name or campaign slogan, so it makes a lot of sense that the reactions have been so extreme.

We have become a society where our kindergartners are more capable than the adults who are studying at Yale.

What’s more, I understand that for many people, the news that Donald Trump will be our next president is more than just an election result. People are concerned about their futures; people are concerned about their families. I understand all of this. But the thing is, there are children all across the country who go to school while having concerns about how things are going home. First graders do it. Yes, believe it or not, there are 5-year-olds across the country who leave their broken homes full of serious problems to go to school every single day, and yet we don’t see any of them demanding a note from their teachers saying “I know life is tough for you so don’t worry about learning to add and read,” and I would encourage any one of these 5-year-olds to tell those spoiled Ivy League babies to shut up and get it together.

We have become a society where our kindergartners are more capable than the adults who are studying at Yale, an institution that is supposedly reserved for our best and brightest. Newsflash, kids: “There is something in my life that is bothering me” is not automatically followed by “Therefore I do not have to attend to any of my responsibilities,” and your entitled expectation that it is has contributed far more to Donald Trump’s rise than anyone’s racist uncle.

CLICK ABOVE LINK FOR THE REST

Offline LMAO

Re: Classes Being Canceled Because Trump Won Is the Reason Why Trump Won
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 06:43:24 pm »
So it appears the plan is to just accommodate their self-esteem and feelings for the rest of their lives?

Since we've been doing this for them since childhood why stop now?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 06:50:33 pm »
So it appears the plan is to just accommodate their self-esteem and feelings for the rest of their lives?

Since we've been doing this for them since childhood why stop now?

If you breed a flock of sheep, do they not rely on you to guide them? Do they not recoil in terror from the wolf? Even when you put the wolf in the pen in front of them, do they not run to you for protection?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 06:51:48 pm »
And I should add, do they not walk into the slaughterhouse to profit you as needed?

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 06:56:17 pm »
 These millennials are going to have difficulty in life when they get out of the  university system

There are no safe spaces in real life
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 07:01:15 pm »
These millennials are going to have difficulty in life when they get out of the  university system

They have been for several years already. Look on youtube for videos of the employers complaining about interviewing and having hired this blizzard of snowflakes.

Heck, look at the reaction by Obama staff. They are now hired throughout the government.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 07:02:26 pm »
I would be quite happy if all federal funding of student loan programs were suspended, IMMEDIATELY.

For far, far too long academia has been subsidized on the taxpayer dime... merely cranking out leftist consumer/taker/destroyers at the expense of the nation's producer/maker/creator class.

Let these Pumpkin Spice Latte sippers face the real world for a change.

GO PICK MY FRUIT, YOU WORTHLESS C***SUCKERS.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 07:07:51 pm »
They have been for several years already. Look on youtube for videos of the employers complaining about interviewing and having hired this blizzard of snowflakes.

Heck, look at the reaction by Obama staff. They are now hired throughout the government.

I hear it myself from employers. And they say when you do find a good one they don't stay with you very long because they're in demand by their competitors

Barry Goldwater

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 07:09:32 pm »
I would be quite happy if all federal funding of student loan programs were suspended, IMMEDIATELY.

For far, far too long academia has been subsidized on the taxpayer dime... merely cranking out leftist consumer/taker/destroyers at the expense of the nation's producer/maker/creator class.

Let these Pumpkin Spice Latte sippers face the real world for a change.

GO PICK MY FRUIT, YOU WORTHLESS C***SUCKERS.

The whole meme about how everyone deserves a college ed. is in need of File 13. The garbage. No one deserves squat to begin with and some kids arent college material. College used to be for the smart people or those that showed the potential and desire to learn. Today we have lesbian studies, black studies and so forth. Hell I am a huge video gamer who loves Skyrim but one college teaches it alongside/as an example of nordic history/culture.

I never realized Scandanavia had so many dragons!

EDIT

http://www.polygon.com/2012/10/19/3526818/college-offers-class-on-norse-sagas-and-skyrim
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 07:10:53 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 08:50:44 pm »
Folks, let's get real about this. The truth is these kids were up waiting for election results until 4 am and drinking heavily the whole time. Clinton's loss is a better excuse than lack of sleep and a hangover for not being ready for a test!  :beer:

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 08:54:29 pm »
Folks, let's get real about this. The truth is these kids were up waiting for election results until 4 am and drinking heavily the whole time. Clinton's loss is a better excuse than lack of sleep and a hangover for not being ready for a test!  :beer:

That too. But they really are that insane on top of it.

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 08:56:12 pm »
That too. But they really are that insane on top of it.

Oh, I know. The college I work at held a "community gathering" so everyone could express their feelings. Well, anyone who is a bien pensant, that is. I shudder to think what would have happened if I'd spoken up (and I didn't even vote for the guy)!

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 09:01:58 pm »

Oh, I know. The college I work at held a "community gathering" so everyone could express their feelings. Well, anyone who is a bien pensant, that is. I shudder to think what would have happened if I'd spoken up (and I didn't even vote for the guy)!

A little harsh there Bunny calling them pissants. You also misspelled "being". Take your time typing next time.

Offline Bunny Watson

« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 09:14:59 pm »
A little harsh there Bunny calling them pissants. You also misspelled "being". Take your time typing next time.
Curse you, auto correct! ;)

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2016, 09:16:30 pm »
My alma mater cancelled classes the night of the MASH finale, when they learned NO ONE was showing up.,

I was a TA the day the Challenger exploded. The undergrads were coming into class crying, it was futile to get a lecture done so I cancelled the class.

On that day I thought it was the right thing to do.

As for MASH  - Remember we didn't have VHS recorders in the dorms. TV was live.

They also cancelled eventing classes the night Reagan was shot.

Up for Trump- this makes no sense. Mourning for Challenger and
Reagan - yes,
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 09:18:03 pm by Freya »
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2016, 09:19:58 pm »

Pissants is reserved for after they improved their life to a great degree and I don't see that much ambition in them.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2016, 09:20:55 pm »
Curse you, auto correct! ;)

Yes it gave them undeserved credit ;)

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #17 on: November 11, 2016, 09:28:51 pm »
As much as Trump disgusts me, I gotta agree that the schools are very much to blame for him.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #18 on: November 11, 2016, 09:39:56 pm »

Oh, I like that!  I'm adding it to my signature line.

Offline massadvj

• Editorial Advisor
« Reply #19 on: November 12, 2016, 01:32:38 am »