Author Topic: RIP Clinton, Inc. ...By Kevin D. Williamson  (Read 492 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
RIP Clinton, Inc. ...By Kevin D. Williamson
« on: November 11, 2016, 02:23:51 pm »
 RIP Clinton, Inc.
A shadow is lifted.
By Kevin D. Williamson — November 11, 2016

A few days ago, I asked a senior Republican elected official what he thought about Donald Trump’s election. He became rather . . . formal, his face draining a bit and his voice going cold: “He was not the nominee I wanted, but —” and there I cut him off: “But how about watching Hillary lose?” At that point, there was a shift in mood worthy of Olivier himself.

“Oh, that. That was . . . oh . . . that was good. Very good.”

Big, goofy grin.

“So good.”

I have been writing about the Clinton political-criminal syndicate since I was a teenager; now I am closer to the age of Social Security eligibility than I am to the age I was when the luckiest man in modern American politics was keeping a strategically low profile in Arkansas while the more accomplished men of the Democratic party, facing the ghastly pangs of George H. W. Bush’s purportedly inevitable reelection, dropped down one by one like the Ancient Mariner’s shipmates. Mario Cuomo, doing his “Hamlet on the Hudson” bit, dropped out at the last possible moment. Bill Bradley and Jay Rockefeller decided that they weren’t quite ready, and Dick Gephardt had no stomach for the fight. Clinton was left to deal with the likes of Paul Tsongas and Jerry Brown (yeah, that Jerry Brown: Moonbeam Immortal) and Bob Kerrey, who gave him a pretty good run of it for a hot minute.

more
http://www.nationalreview.com/node/442109/print
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: RIP Clinton, Inc. ...By Kevin D. Williamson
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 02:26:17 pm »
Saying good by to the Clinton's is sweet indeed!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline r9etb

Re: RIP Clinton, Inc. ...By Kevin D. Williamson
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 02:34:33 pm »
He put his wife, a controversial figure who had said many stupid and mean-spirited things during the campaign, in charge of reforming the nation’s health-care system. That project went down like a Soviet jetliner....

What a great line.