Author Topic: White House: Obama still thinks Trump 'unfit' for the presidency  (Read 753 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
White House: Obama still thinks Trump 'unfit' for the presidency
« on: November 11, 2016, 12:17:27 am »

White House: Obama still thinks Trump 'unfit' for the presidency

By Louis Nelson

11/10/16 02:26 PM EST

President Barack Obama has taken a decidedly conciliatory tone in discussing the transition process between his administration and the incoming one of President-elect Donald Trump.

But White House press secretary Josh Earnest said Thursday that the president hasn’t changed his mind about the man who will be the next commander in chief.

Earnest was asked during his daily press briefing about the president’s campaign trail rhetoric, specifically his remarks that Trump is “temperamentally unfit” and “uniquely unqualified” to be president.

“Look, the president’s views haven’t changed. He stands by what he said on the campaign trail,” the press secretary replied. “He had an opportunity to make his argument. He made that argument vigorously. He made that argument in states all across the country. But the American people decided. The election is over. The president didn’t get to choose his successor, the American people did. And they have chosen President-elect Trump. And President Obama is determined to preside over a transition that gives the incoming president the opportunity to get a running start.”

Obama spent significant amounts of time on the campaign trail on behalf of Hillary Clinton, his former secretary of state, whose campaign banked on the president’s rising job approval numbers to build support and enthusiasm in swing states. That the president was so active in the race to decide his successor was somewhat of a break from recent history: Neither President George W. Bush nor President Bill Clinton spent much time campaigning for nominees John McCain or Al Gore in 2008 or 2000, respectively.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/obama-josh-earnest-trump-231196
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
Re: White House: Obama still thinks Trump 'unfit' for the presidency
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 01:00:43 am »

Since the election was a referendum on Obama's tenure, what they have to say is of little consequence outside their smaller and smaller circle of influence.
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 01:02:19 am »
Strong evidence now that the country thinks he and his party are unfit to lead.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 01:18:27 am »

Obama spent significant amounts of time on the campaign trail on behalf of Hillary Clinton

------------------------------------------------------

Yes he did.

And by the way, who do think paid for all that free campaigning? And how much time on the job did he miss while doing it? (FEC anyone?)
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 01:51:04 am »
I'm sorry but my opinions on Trump aside, I think it's hilarious that Obama the mental dwarf, a male that could have doubled as the body model for the Charles Atlas skinny kid comic book ad, is calling anyone 'unfit'.

Now if he was standing on a balcony in a snazzy leather trenchcoat and Field Marshal hat, I could see it as part of a Mel Brooks movie or something but Damn. No awareness of self at all.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 01:56:56 am »
Well if anybody knows about being unfit for office it would be Obama!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online corbe

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 01:59:14 am »
   Better First Lady that's for sure, Heavy Accent and all.

No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 02:15:11 am »
   Better First Lady that's for sure, Heavy Accent and all.

Soooo why is Mooch, a 6 foot woman who the press ran an entire section of the Library of Congress worth of articles on detailing why she wore flats, suddenly in 5 inch spikes? Couldn't have anything to do with towering over the fashion model next to her for optics could it?