Author Topic: What Was Hillary Clinton’s Real Downfall? Complacency  (Read 866 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
What Was Hillary Clinton’s Real Downfall? Complacency
« on: November 10, 2016, 10:56:12 pm »

As she did in 2008 against another insurgent named Obama, she took her 2016 opponent too lightly and thought she could cruise. Now she’s cruising into history.

By Todd S. Purdum

November 10, 2016

The causes of Hillary Clinton’s defeat will be debated for years, but in the first cold light of the day after, one big cause seems clearer than others: Her complacency. Years of it. A chronic case of complacency, in fact.

There was Clinton’s political complacency: She never so much as visited such usually reliable blue states as Michigan and Wisconsin after the primaries, scoffing at Donald Trump’s claims that he could remake the electoral map and assuming for too long she could safely retain her “blue wall” of safe states (several of which, like Wisconsin and Pennsylvania, cost her the White House, even as she held a lead in the popular vote).

more
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/hillary-clinton-loses-2016-complacency-214445
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: What Was Hillary Clinton’s Real Downfall? Complacency
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 10:59:46 pm »
What Was Hillary Clinton’s Real Downfall?

Falling down.

Offline Major Confusion

• If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 11:04:09 pm »
They ignored the warning shots that were fired in the 2010 and 2014 midterms. The people are demanding that their representatives pay attention to their concerns, and the frustration finally boiled over with this nuclear bomb against the political system.  I will admit that I was stunned by the outcome.
If you don't like my opinion, Byte Me.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 11:09:11 pm »
Hillary had Trump on the ropes after the Tapes came out,  and then the VP Debate happened.  Kaine was such a disaster that it took Trump off the ropes.

And it looks like a lot of the Bernie voters wound up staying home.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 11:59:05 pm »

More like smugness and arrogance, which to a guy like Todd S. Purdum might look like complacency, but to normal people looks like something less pleasant.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 12:12:09 am »
Obama's rainbow White house
Black lies Matter
IRS/Lerner skating
War on oil
War on Coal
Forced PC
Mooch and her child starvation lunches/Hillary's it takes a Village crap
Booing God at conventions
Unfettered immigration from terror countries and the Mexican border alike
Special Snowflakes in the workforce
Special Snowflakes FORCED ON the workforce

Hillary's problem wasn't Trump. It wasn't even herself. It was Liberalism as a concept.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 12:43:20 am »
Todd doesn't get it.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 12:45:24 am »
Todd doesn't get it.

Nah, he doesn't.  Just another guy from the echo chamber.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 02:20:06 am »
Obama's rainbow White house
Black lies Matter
IRS/Lerner skating
War on oil
War on Coal
Forced PC
Mooch and her child starvation lunches/Hillary's it takes a Village crap
Booing God at conventions
Unfettered immigration from terror countries and the Mexican border alike
Special Snowflakes in the workforce
Special Snowflakes FORCED ON the workforce

Hillary's problem wasn't Trump. It wasn't even herself. It was Liberalism as a concept.

ObamaCare failure and lies

A sluggish recovery
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 02:57:44 am »
Hillary had Trump on the ropes after the Tapes came out,  and then the VP Debate happened.  Kaine was such a disaster that it took Trump off the ropes.

And it looks like a lot of the Bernie voters wound up staying home.

They had reason to in Michigan in Wisconsin, considering a) he trounced her in those states in the primaries, but b)
she never got near either of them until a last-minute (actually, last week) visit to Michigan. Too little, too late---and
her losses there probably kicked her overall defeat into its last hours.

Plus, let's face it, even a lot of Hilarious's admirers felt she was, shall we say, a lackluster campaigner. A lot of
Democrats voted with their feet this time---as in, not moving those feet to the polls, and not just in Michigan and
Wisconsin.

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 03:22:51 am »
More like smugness and arrogance, which to a guy like Todd S. Purdum might look like complacency, but to normal people looks like something less pleasant.

She was a horrible campaigner. For a while there she went undercover, into stealth mode. No appearances. No interviews. No press conferences. She would disappear for days and no one even knew where she was.

Part of this was because when she would appear, and people got a look at her, her numbers would fall. The other part of it was sever health issues. She was a terrible speaker and would show up drunk or drugged or screeching.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NJxmpTMGhU0
People simply didn't like her. So, because she thought it was a walk anyway, she decided to stay out of sight. Meanwhile, Trump was campaigning and on the new almost every day.

Hillary was a failed candidate and her 'stealth campaign' strategy failed. The biggest irony is that Sanders would have been a much stronger more popular candidate and the DNC torpedoed him in favor of Hillary.

When the DNC torpedoed Bernie, they torpedoed themselves and the election along with him.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 03:25:50 am by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.