Author Topic: Let her go? Giuliani, Christie throw cold water on Hillary prosecution (Watch Video)  (Read 6654 times)

Offline DB

You are completely right, but you missed the point. I know what you wrote factually correct.

I think I didn't say it right. The point is, you only pardon a person who is in need of being pardoned. So far, she is not in need of being pardoned for anything. You can't just pick a random person and pardon them just 'in case' they did something wrong. There has to be a reason.

As with Nixon, a pardon of Hillary would be a defacto admission that she must have done 'something' wrong. We don't have that yet.

She herself has not indicated in any way that she needs or wants to be pardoned. Can you pardon someone who doesn't feel like they need it and doesn't want it? That is the issue. There has to be a reason for the pardon.

What has she been charged with? What is the issue? What is she being pardoned for?

In the quote "A pardon is valid whether accepted or not". So yes, you can pardon someone who doesn't need it/want it.

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...

In the quote "A pardon is valid whether accepted or not". So yes, you can pardon someone who doesn't need it/want it.

If a person who is under investigation claims they did nothing wrong. And they claim they are totally innocent. If that person is pardoned even if they do not want it, then that person has been cheated out of being proven innocent. If I am innocent, I want to be able to prove it.

So far Hillary has not indicated in any way that I know of that she is in need of being pardoned for anything.

At least Nixon resigned, which was a sort of admission of guilt. Hillary laughs at the thought of being investigated. She says repeatedly, 'Let them investigate. I did nothing wrong.'
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline DB

If a person who is under investigation claims they did nothing wrong. And they claim they are totally innocent. If that person is pardoned even if they do not want it, then that person has been cheated out of being proven innocent. If I am innocent, I want to be able to prove it.

So far Hillary has not indicated in any way that I know of that she is in need of being pardoned for anything.

At least Nixon resigned, which was a sort of admission of guilt. Hillary laughs at the thought of being investigated. She says repeatedly, 'Let them investigate. I did nothing wrong.'

Yes, and she could even be pardoned as a vengeful act so she has to wear it even if she doesn't want it.

The fact is we know she broke the law in securing state secrets. We know her Email was hacked and viewed unlawfully and that it was all due to willfully not using proper security measures. Operating an Email server with state secrets outside the government's security apparatus.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Yes, and she could even be pardoned as a vengeful act so she has to wear it even if she doesn't want it.

The fact is we know she broke the law in securing state secrets. We know her Email was hacked and viewed unlawfully and that it was all due to willfully not using proper security measures. Operating an Email server with state secrets outside the government's security apparatus.
IIRC, that in itself is a crime. If it was done as part of a pay to play or pay for info scheme, that's even more of one. I'd settle for 'perjury and obstruction of justice' at this point (maybe one of the Clintons can be convicted of that).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits

@DB

I can't believe there are so many people who seem to think she would be shamed or embarrassed if pardoned. She doesn't even know what shame or embarrassment is. She hears other people talk about it and thinks they are lying. This is a woman with no conscience whatsoever.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
People can't be pardoned for things they haven't been charged with or convicted of.
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 03:03:32 pm by Luis Gonzalez »
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
@DB

I can't believe there are so many people who seem to think she would be shamed or embarrassed if pardoned. She doesn't even know what shame or embarrassment is. She hears other people talk about it and thinks they are lying. This is a woman with no conscience whatsoever.

True.  She does seem to completely lack shame.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
True.  She does seem to completely lack shame.

She lacks shame, a soul, a conscience, and many other traits of humanity.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Luis wrote above:
"People can't be pardoned for things they haven't been charged with or convicted of."

Richard Nixon.

Offline Luis Gonzalez

• Boiling Frogs
Luis wrote above:
"People can't be pardoned for things they haven't been charged with or convicted of."

Richard Nixon.

Legally questionable move tha was never challenged.

Still, two wrongs do not make a right.
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, i have others." - Groucho Marx