Author Topic: Joseph Hunter: Donald Trump Proves Me Wrong, Yet Again.  (Read 353 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Joseph Hunter: Donald Trump Proves Me Wrong, Yet Again.
« on: November 10, 2016, 07:46:57 pm »
Donald Trump Proves Me Wrong, Yet Again.

(ThyBlackMan.com) Rarely am I happier that I lack a larger audience than when I’m dead wrong about politics. My most recent piece wrongly predicted an easy victory for Hillary Clinton. I did so here, as well. With certainty, I declared Donald Trump “a loser.” In fact, so depressed was I about our nominee, that I rarely wrote articles beyond mid-summer. Personally, I abstained voting for president, as promised. The day after the election, though, America witnessed a political upheaval like no other–Donald Trump overcame the prognostications and won the 2016 election–“bigly.”

Donald Trump needed to outperform Mitt Romney’s 2012 efforts in order to win, and it appears that he did so by calling the Democrats’ bluff on the numbers of Black and Latino voters they expected to rally around Clinton. In battleground states like North Carolina, Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Michigan, fewer Blacks voted this year than in the last presidential election. In 2012, Romney won 59% of the white vote nationally, leading me to argue that Trump needed to do significantly better among whites–an unlikely scenario–or make inroads among Blacks and Latinos in order to offset whatever whites he lost to Clinton. Surprisingly, he did the latter–outpacing Romney among Blacks; winning 8% to Romney’s 7%, and Latinos; winning 29% to Romney’s 27%. Unfortunately, Trump’s victory may further postpone minority outreach efforts.

But now that he’s proven me wrong in the primaries, and general election, what lies ahead?

Read More At: http://thyblackman.com/2016/11/09/donald-trump-proves-me-wrong-yet-again/

Online LMAO

Re: Joseph Hunter: Donald Trump Proves Me Wrong, Yet Again.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 07:57:43 pm »
And here's to hoping he continues to prove us skeptics wrong
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy