Author Topic: The crumbling Clinton criminal enterprise  (Read 1562 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
The crumbling Clinton criminal enterprise
« on: November 10, 2016, 05:10:22 pm »
November 10, 2016
The crumbling Clinton criminal enterprise
By Russ Vaughn

Sadness reigns in progressives' America – a grief so profound as to provoke outbreaks of acute liberal insanity.  But the grief, anxiety, and outright fear affecting progressive America for the moment must surely pale against those same emotions within Clinton, Incorporated, whose future fortunes have done a disastrous one-eighty since early Wednesday morning.

Think about it for a moment: with no more promise of future access to the presidential inner circle, what third-world government or major global enterprise truly wants to pay a cool half-mil to a now not so cool Bill for his special insights?  Do you suppose that all those Wall Street swells are breathlessly waiting to hear the unique perspectives of a now not the first female president at a tidy 250 grand a pop?  Sure they are.

more
http://www.americanthinker.com/blog/2016/11/the_crumbling_clinton_criminal_enterprise.html
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Re: The crumbling Clinton criminal enterprise
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2016, 03:15:53 am »
Good read,  thanks for posting.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2016, 04:46:03 am »
It will be interesting to see what happens to their speaking fees...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2016, 04:49:19 am »
Looks like I should be going real short Clinton Foundation.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2016, 06:31:36 am »
Really?

If anyone thinks the Clintons are going to see more than a hiccup over this, they are smoking some primo and not sharing.

Their connections are intact. Sure, some of the big names will be gone, but it's not the big names that count. It's the middle level functionaries who will be in their positions for the foreseeable future, who are the Clinton's arms.
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Online DB

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2016, 06:45:05 am »
Really?

If anyone thinks the Clintons are going to see more than a hiccup over this, they are smoking some primo and not sharing.

Their connections are intact. Sure, some of the big names will be gone, but it's not the big names that count. It's the middle level functionaries who will be in their positions for the foreseeable future, who are the Clinton's arms.

That really depends on how well Trump cleans house in his administration. Cutoff their tentacles and their influence is done. They are likely too old and and poor health to be much of threat in 4 years.

But frankly I expect Trump to pardon her. That shaming alone will end their public influence.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2016, 06:55:02 am »
That really depends on how well Trump cleans house in his administration. Cutoff their tentacles and their influence is done. They are likely too old and and poor health to be much of threat in 4 years.

But frankly I expect Trump to pardon her. That shaming alone will end their public influence.

The sort of house cleaning that would be needed is not doable in 4 or even 8 years while keeping a functioning government.
I may give you an analogy, if you like, from my own field of experience. Take a good look at any failed military coup. Anywhere in the world, doesn't matter. The officer ranks are decimated, and their replacements are guaranteed loyal to the regime, even over competence. The senior NCO's though? They're left in place, as removing them is not conducive to a military that can do more than eat and sleep. Even though every single coup EVER has relied on recruiting those same NCOs to the cause as a first step.

Trump will change out the generals and the majors. Maybe some of the captains, if he's feeling particularly thorough. The sergeants will remain.

Online DB

« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2016, 06:59:42 am »
The sort of house cleaning that would be needed is not doable in 4 or even 8 years while keeping a functioning government.
I may give you an analogy, if you like, from my own field of experience. Take a good look at any failed military coup. Anywhere in the world, doesn't matter. The officer ranks are decimated, and their replacements are guaranteed loyal to the regime, even over competence. The senior NCO's though? They're left in place, as removing them is not conducive to a military that can do more than eat and sleep. Even though every single coup EVER has relied on recruiting those same NCOs to the cause as a first step.

Trump will change out the generals and the majors. Maybe some of the captains, if he's feeling particularly thorough. The sergeants will remain.

That could well be true, but I hope he tries. It is obviously very corrupt right now.

Do think pardoning her (even if she doesn't want it) would end their influence? In the past anyway that was political death. It is an interesting political weapon if you think about it.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2016, 07:06:54 am »
That could well be true, but I hope he tries. It is obviously very corrupt right now.

Do think pardoning her (even if she doesn't want it) would end their influence? In the past anyway that was political death. It is an interesting political weapon if you think about it.

Oh. he'll try. For his own comfort, if nothing else! I just don't know if he has the will to do the deep cleaning needed, or the integrity to, on doing the cleaning, replace those removed with people devoted to the job itself instead of to him.   :shrug: (editing to add: This is not a stab at Trump particularly. Can't actually think of anyone who could be relied upon to do that!)

Using pardoning as a weapon - interesting idea and one I've not thought about over much. My instinctive reaction is to compare it to the "public confession/forgiveness" mechanic used to great effect by Mao to defang opposition he couldn't disappear for one reason or another. However, that was in a completely different society, one which innately valued conformity highly even before the revolution.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 07:08:17 am by EC »

Online DB

« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2016, 07:11:48 am »
Oh. he'll try. For his own comfort, if nothing else! I just don't know if he has the will to do the deep cleaning needed, or the integrity to, on doing the cleaning, replace those removed with people devoted to the job itself instead of to him.   :shrug: (editing to add: This is not a stab at Trump particularly. Can't actually think of anyone who could be relied upon to do that!)

Using pardoning as a weapon - interesting idea and one I've not thought about over much. My instinctive reaction is to compare it to the "public confession/forgiveness" mechanic used to great effect by Mao to defang opposition he couldn't disappear for one reason or another. However, that was in a completely different society, one which innately valued conformity highly even before the revolution.

Regarding investigating Clinton with a clean team it would seem very possible to create an FBI special task force just for that purpose that reports directly to DOJ's top people selected by Trump.

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #10 on: November 11, 2016, 07:19:42 am »
Still going to be seen by a very large segment of the population as using his power to humiliate a vanquished rival.

How about an off the wall idea? Instead of the FBI investigating - have Congress ask a truly neutral and respected third party to do so. The Rangers (everyone respects them, they have the ability to investigate, few jurisdictional problems), JAG (ditto), hell, even the Mounties if you don't mind going across the border ....

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #11 on: November 11, 2016, 12:52:53 pm »
Still going to be seen by a very large segment of the population as using his power to humiliate a vanquished rival.

How about an off the wall idea? Instead of the FBI investigating - have Congress ask a truly neutral and respected third party to do so. The Rangers (everyone respects them, they have the ability to investigate, few jurisdictional problems), JAG (ditto), hell, even the Mounties if you don't mind going across the border ....
Half the population was boo-hooing all over the web and blowing snot over her losing. Wah. Considering voter turnout nationwide was pretty low, that isn't as large a group as 51% of the population, not even half of the voting public.

The investigation was in progress and had been in progress long before DT came on the scene as a candidate. It should be pursued, regardless. If that melts the snowflakes, let us know and we can all get waders.

If the investigation will involve classified material, you will need people who have clearance.
Obviously, current ranking DOJ is tainted, and are possibly unindicted co-conspirators to resurrect a term which should be familiar to all who recall her from before. I think there is a cadre involving DOJ, the White House, DHS, and other agencies to make sure that everyone had everyone's back covered, and they were all engaged out of ideology or profit.

Short of cutting the heads off a medusa of snakes, any investigation will snag someone with a conflict of interest. Even the investigators who quailed or balked in the face of likely reprisals, overt or otherwise when there was a possibility she would be POTUS are tainted and open to subsequent charges of misfeasance or incompetence when a subsequent re-investigation reveals things which should have been more obvious.
It's a quagmire.

However, a Pardon??? Not only no, but hell no.

Just because it is difficult to investigate her is no reason to let her off. The convoluted nature of the secret selling and influence peddling conspiracy in our government should not be the excuse to let this treason prosper. That would be a very dangerous precedent to establish indeed.  Nor should the past 'wink-wink' attitude toward buying political access be invoked when that is very likely what has been done here on a much larger scale.

Virtually everything the Clintons have done in the past has been dirty local politics writ large and larger, now performed on an international scale rather than a smoke filled room after a county commissioner meeting.

But here's another question. Did DT himself buy access with his donations or otherwise and would that serve as reason to put a damper on the digging?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 12:57:35 pm by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #12 on: November 11, 2016, 01:42:35 pm »

That is especially true in the place where it is most needed! Foggy bottom!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #13 on: November 11, 2016, 01:46:03 pm »
Half the population was boo-hooing all over the web and blowing snot over her losing. Wah. Considering voter turnout nationwide was pretty low, that isn't as large a group as 51% of the population, not even half of the voting public.

The investigation was in progress and had been in progress long before DT came on the scene as a candidate. It should be pursued, regardless. If that melts the snowflakes, let us know and we can all get waders.

If the investigation will involve classified material, you will need people who have clearance.
Obviously, current ranking DOJ is tainted, and are possibly unindicted co-conspirators to resurrect a term which should be familiar to all who recall her from before. I think there is a cadre involving DOJ, the White House, DHS, and other agencies to make sure that everyone had everyone's back covered, and they were all engaged out of ideology or profit.

Short of cutting the heads off a medusa of snakes, any investigation will snag someone with a conflict of interest. Even the investigators who quailed or balked in the face of likely reprisals, overt or otherwise when there was a possibility she would be POTUS are tainted and open to subsequent charges of misfeasance or incompetence when a subsequent re-investigation reveals things which should have been more obvious.
It's a quagmire.

However, a Pardon??? Not only no, but hell no.

Just because it is difficult to investigate her is no reason to let her off. The convoluted nature of the secret selling and influence peddling conspiracy in our government should not be the excuse to let this treason prosper. That would be a very dangerous precedent to establish indeed.  Nor should the past 'wink-wink' attitude toward buying political access be invoked when that is very likely what has been done here on a much larger scale.

Virtually everything the Clintons have done in the past has been dirty local politics writ large and larger, now performed on an international scale rather than a smoke filled room after a county commissioner meeting.

But here's another question. Did DT himself buy access with his donations or otherwise and would that serve as reason to put a damper on the digging?

B R A V O ! ! !

I agree with every word of that!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien