Author Topic: Public Calls for Michelle Obama to Run in 2020  (Read 681 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Public Calls for Michelle Obama to Run in 2020
« on: November 10, 2016, 03:25:19 pm »

Newsmax
Public Calls for Michelle Obama to Run in 2020
Wednesday, November 9, 2016 06:33 PM

By: Cathy Burke

Hillary Clinton didn't succeed in busting through the highest glass ceiling in America – but a FLOTUS for POTUS movement to draft Michelle Obama for the task is gaining steam on Twitter.

The First Lady of the United States had been breakout star at the Democratic National Convention last July, and a top Clinton surrogate on the campaign trail, but she's been adamant about keeping her political activity outside the White House when the term of her husband, President Barack Obama, ends.

"You don't have to be president of the United States to do wonderful, marvelous things," she told an audience last March.

One Twitter poster Wednesday conceded the First Lady might be more than ready to move out of the White House, but begged her to return:

more
http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/michelle-obama-2020-election-president-flotus/2016/11/09/id/758087/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
Re: Public Calls for Michelle Obama to Run in 2020
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 03:39:20 pm »
Again? A First "Lady" with no accomplishments running for office? Another political family dynasty? Rising political star based on a speech- where have I heard that before? No, no, no.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 03:40:52 pm »
She'd be a tough opponent IMO.

Just don't pull any private email server shenanigans.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 03:53:01 pm »
Is the Dem party so bereft of candidates?

I simply don't think either Obama wants to work come January. They'll be able to be on perpetual vacation, and make millions simply for being the Obamas.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 03:55:04 pm »
Again? A First "Lady" with no accomplishments running for office? Another political family dynasty? Rising political star based on a speech- where have I heard that before? No, no, no.

The gift that will keep on giving. Hope she is the candidate with all her school lunch program accomplishments. That was a real beaut???? :silly:

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 03:58:04 pm »

Well Trump won didn't he?  ^-^

Not to denigrate Trump, but he didn't have any prior political accomplishments before entering into the primary ring.

I don't think it matters anymore.

Offline Poser

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 04:14:06 pm »
This is so funny on so many levels.  :silly:

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 04:18:58 pm »

Well Trump won didn't he?  ^-^

Not to denigrate Trump, but he didn't have any prior political accomplishments before entering into the primary ring.

I don't think it matters anymore.

He ran as an outsider which is what the people wanted this election cycle. He has other accomplishments that are attractive to the voters. Michelle is no outsider.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2016, 05:42:30 pm »
Michelle has a nasty disposition and makes some of the scariest faces.  Her negatives would end up worse than Trump's.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 05:55:24 pm »
She'd be a tough opponent IMO.

Thank goodness I am not in the WNBA.

Offline Vulcan

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2016, 07:52:13 pm »
I have family who had a debate on Facebook last year over who should be the first female president.   Some said Hillary Clinton and some said Michelle Obama.  I watched in utter disbelief that I could be related to these loons.  When I finally chimed in I simply asked what qualified Michelle Obama to be POTUS.   I was laughed at and told, "She has been in the White House for the past 8 years", to which I responded: "Yes, and so has the White House chef, does that qualify him, too?"   My comment was met with the usual claim that I am a right-wing extremist so I wouldn't understand.  If not believing Michelle Obama is qualified to be president makes me a right-wing extremist I happily accept that designation.