Author Topic: Dark days for Obama’s White House  (Read 1388 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Dark days for Obama’s White House
« on: November 10, 2016, 03:10:07 pm »
By Jordan Fabian - 11/10/16 06:00 AM EST

President Obama on Thursday will welcome Donald Trump to the White House, beginning a transition of power that is pure anguish for many in the Democratic Party.

The meeting, which seemed improbable just 72 hours ago, will likely stand as one of the most humbling moments of Obama’s presidency.

Trump rose to political stardom in Obama’s first term by questioning his birthplace, spurring Obama to label him a “carnival barker.” The feud carried over into this year’s campaign, where Obama repeatedly described Trump as unfit for the Oval Office.

But despite his efforts, and vigorous campaigning by first lady Michelle Obama, Trump vanquished Hillary Clinton with victories in swing states that Obama had carried in 2008 and 2012.

Now Obama must begin to hand the keys to the White House to a leader who has pledged to unravel much of his legacy, from ObamaCare to environmental protections to Wall Street reform and the Iran nuclear deal.

“I’m not saying it’s going to be an easy meeting,” White House press secretary Josh Earnest said.

Dark clouds hung over the White House the day before Trump’s visit, mirroring the mood inside the executive mansion.

But the sky cleared before Obama entered the Rose Garden Wednesday afternoon to put a positive spin on the results.

The president recalled a video he recorded on election night, in which he reminded the country that “the sun would come up in the morning” no matter who won.

“That is one bit of prognosticating that actually came true,” he said. “The sun is up. And I know everybody had a long night. I did as well.

“But the day after, we have to remember that we’re actually all on one team.”

While Obama emphasized the importance of a smooth transition and a unified American government, there was no mistaking the pain felt by those on hand.

Dozens of shell-shocked staffers filed into the Rose Garden to watch the statement, including Valerie Jarrett, Denis McDonough and Susan Rice — all members of the president’s inner circle.

Obama’s team gave him an ovation that lasted for more than a minute after Vice President Biden and he returned to the Oval Office arm in arm.

No two-term president did more than Obama to ensure the election of his preferred successor in Clinton. But her colossal failure on Election Day could result in much of his legacy being wiped away.

Obama cast Clinton as a guardian of his accomplishments, warning voters in stark terms that a Trump presidency would “reverse every single thing that we’ve done.”

Trump has vowed to roll back Obama’s regulations on “day one,” hold a special session of Congress to repeal ObamaCare and “renegotiate” the Iran deal.

He’ll be helped in that effort by Republican majorities in both chambers of Congress. Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell (R-Ky.) drove that home Wednesday when he said ObamaCare repeal is “pretty high on our agenda.”

Earnest said Obama would likely not lobby Trump to keep his policies in their meeting, but he suggested it might be riskier for Republicans to forge ahead with repeal of the healthcare law if an increasing number of people lose their insurance.

Obama gave his staff in the Rose Garden a pep talk about continuing the administration’s work. 

“I also told my team today to keep their heads up, because the remarkable work that they have done day in, day out … has left the next president with a stronger, better country than the one that existed eight years ago,” he said.

The debate over the meaning of Trump’s win will play out for weeks to come. In the meantime, Obama will have to endure the transition of power to a man he resents.

It all began in 2011, when the real estate mogul stoked false rumors that Obama was not born in the United States and thus ineligible to serve as president. The firestorm grew so heated that the president eventually released his birth certificate proving he was born in Hawaii.

Obama delivered a blistering takedown of Trump at that year’s White House Correspondents’ Association dinner, lampooning everything from his “birther” crusade to his reality TV show.

Even in the final days of the campaign, when Obama’s warnings about Trump escalated, he joked about the prospect of Trump becoming president.

“If we let this thing slip and I’ve got a situation where my last two months in office are preparing for a transition to Donald Trump … even going on [your] cruise won’t help me then,” Obama said in an interview with the radio host Tom Joyner.

“If I’m on the cruise, I might jump off.”

http://thehill.com/homenews/administration/305341-dark-days-for-obamas-white-house
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: Dark days for Obama’s White House
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 03:15:01 pm »
"Dark days for Obama’s White House"

thaats RACIST!!!!!!

Offline Longmire

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 03:21:19 pm »
Sounds like the Obama regime is working on their cover story for not cooperating with the Trump transition team.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 03:41:25 pm »
I would love to be a fly on the wall in that meeting today.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 03:44:19 pm »
I'll say it again, had Obama governed from the center after 2012, instead of from the left, we'd probably have President HRC today (the email thing too hurt her).

Obama and HRC have only themselves to blame. Middle America doesn't want to be flooded with illegal immigrants.

Online DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2016, 03:45:52 pm »
If I were heading the Donald Trump Secret Service detail....I would make him wear plastic gloves BEFORE shaking ANYONE'S hand at the White House today.

....and also strongly suggest that he eat before he gets there.
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 03:50:43 pm »
I'll say it again, had Obama governed from the center after 2012, instead of from the left, we'd probably have President HRC today (the email thing too hurt her).

Obama and HRC have only themselves to blame. Middle America doesn't want to be flooded with illegal immigrants.

No question about it.

I'm sure ValJar's SS detail are thrilled to be done with that witch come Inauguration Day.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline Longiron

« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2016, 03:52:47 pm »
Sounds like the Obama regime is working on their cover story for not cooperating with the Trump transition team.

Barry looking to cut a deal for himself and will throw the BEAST under the bus asap to get it. :0001:

Online 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2016, 04:05:45 pm »

I predict that this 'meeting' will not go well and may actually end in a full blown shouting match.
Obama is an arrogant, narcissistic, man-child, and he will not deal with this in a mature way.

Also, I have no doubt that Obama and his staff will do everything in their power from now to January to sabotage Trump and his team. They may go so far as to create some economic crash or even a global incident. I put nothing past them in their quest for revenge and snide petulant trouble making.

The could do anything at all, because they feel that 'they' have nothing to lose anyway and to hell with the country that rejected them. After electing Trump, America from their perspective deserves whatever they get.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2016, 04:16:22 pm »
I predict that this 'meeting' will not go well and may actually end in a full blown shouting match.
Obama is an arrogant, narcissistic, man-child, and he will not deal with this in a mature way.

Well, in that respect I guess it will be a meeting of equals; and Trump, having the upper hand, will probably be needling him the whole time. 

I seriously hope I'm wrong about that, and that Mr. Trump has a pair of big-boy pants in his wardrobe.

As to the article, I was amused by this:
No two-term president did more than Obama to ensure the election of his preferred successor in Clinton. But her colossal failure on Election Day could result in much of his legacy being wiped away.

As if a legacy of monumental, disastrous failure in all aspects of his presidency could be masked by the election of Hillary Clinton.  The author reflects the inane sporting-event mindset of those who call themselves journalists these days.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2016, 04:22:10 pm »

Also, I have no doubt that Obama and his staff will do everything in their power from now to January to sabotage Trump and his team. They may go so far as to create some economic crash or even a global incident. I put nothing past them in their quest for revenge and snide petulant trouble making.

The could do anything at all, because they feel that 'they' have nothing to lose anyway and to hell with the country that rejected them. After electing Trump, America from their perspective deserves whatever they get.

Wanna bet every "T" key gets taken off the keyboards?

Offline austingirl

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2016, 04:24:50 pm »

Barry looking to cut a deal for himself and will throw the BEAST under the bus asap to get it. :0001:

That would be lovely but I doubt it. If this happens, Hitlery will spill the beans on Barry.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2016, 04:26:01 pm »

How did you get inside Barry's head?  :laugh:

Offline r9etb

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2016, 04:30:50 pm »
That would be lovely but I doubt it. If this happens, Hitlery will spill the beans on Barry.

As a simple matter of cost/benefit analysis it's probably better to just let the whole Hillary thing die on the vine.  Going after her for the e-mail stuff at this point just seems vindictive, and creates a narrative that's harmful to getting useful things done.

The Clinton Foundation, however.... that's fair game.

Offline austingirl

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2016, 04:33:34 pm »
As a simple matter of cost/benefit analysis it's probably better to just let the whole Hillary thing die on the vine.  Going after her for the e-mail stuff at this point just seems vindictive, and creates a narrative that's harmful to getting useful things done.

The Clinton Foundation, however.... that's fair game.

Yes, the Clinton Crime Foundation is fair game and I hope it is shut down. I think there are some very angry despot/donors who want their bribes back.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2016, 04:39:03 pm »

As far as spilling the beans goes, that will most likely come from Iran. It is so obvious to anyone that they are blackmailing him with something. The deal he made with them was so outrageously one-sided and ridiculous, there is no way it could have been made unless something else was in play.

Also, once Obama is out of office all the 'tell-all' books will start appearing and there is no telling what we may find out about Barry and his real past as well as his behavior in office as a mafia Don and tyrant. I am still waiting for the IRS investigation to continue. That issue was never settled.

A lot of interesting stuff will be revealed next year that will put the WikiLeaks emails to shame. We cannot discuss pardon or anything else because we still do not know the full extent of her crimes. They may be so sever as to be unpardonable.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 04:41:21 pm by 240B »
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 04:39:36 pm »
Yes, the Clinton Crime Foundation is fair game and I hope it is shut down. I think there are some very angry despot/donors who want their bribes back.

Well, they're a bunch of dirty players to begin with.  It was a matter of speculation on their part, and they certainly knew the score -- that Hillary had to win in order for their "venture capital" to make a profit.  And as dirty players, I suspect they'd get a measure of revenge by letting telling details slip out to the right ears.

I'm sure they're even now looking for ways to make similar deals with Trump.  Maybe they even figure that a wheeler-dealer like Trump will be more subtle and supple on matters involving a quid pro quo.

And they'll be trying to do the same with Obama, who will likely remain a power figure in the Democrats, and who will be easily corrupted by appeals to his narcissism.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2016, 04:43:17 pm »
As far as spilling the beans goes, that will most likely come from Iran. It is so obvious to anyone that they are blackmailing him with something. The deal he made with them was so outrageously one-sided and ridiculous, there is no way it could have been made unless something else was in play.

I think Obama's narcissism was necessary and sufficient, actually.  His whole presidency was based on an assumption that his saying something, would make it actually so.

He wanted to be seen as the man who could cut the Gordian knot of Iranian intransigence; and his various simmering hatreds -- of Israel, of ideas not his own, of Republicans, and who knows what else -- were enough to make him reject common sense.

And it didn't hurt that his narcissistic, man-child, soul-mate John Kerry was doing the negotiating for him.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 04:44:15 pm by r9etb »

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2016, 04:45:43 pm »

I think Zero will be groveling to keep his EO's intact after he leaves office.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2016, 04:46:35 pm »
Also, once Obama is out of office all the 'tell-all' books will start appearing and there is no telling what we may find out about Barry and his real past as well as his behavior in office as a mafia Don and tyrant.

The only thing I want to know is what he was doing on the evening of 11 Sep 2012, when four brave men were murdered in Benghazi and dozens of others were left to die. 

I think he was unable to respond, for whatever reason; and when that leaks out, the whole edifice will collapse.

Online 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2016, 04:59:25 pm »

I think Zero will be groveling to keep his EO's intact after he leaves office.

I am basing my comments on Obama's behavior with Putin when they met at a G20 conference. Obama was routinely late, arrogant with the other members, and behaved more as if he was running the conference instead of attending it as a member.

Apparently Obama excoriated Putin rudely to the point of actually yelling at him. Obama does not play well with others. I cannot imagine him groveling. His ego would never allow it. He is more prone to arrogance, threats, and intimidation. This has always been his style of management, if you can call it that.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2016, 05:00:43 pm »

Also, once Obama is out of office all the 'tell-all' books will start appearing and there is no telling what we may find out about Barry and his real past as well as his behavior in office as a mafia Don and tyrant. I am still waiting for the IRS investigation to continue. That issue was never settled.

A lot of interesting stuff will be revealed next year that will put the WikiLeaks emails to shame. We cannot discuss pardon or anything else because we still do not know the full extent of her crimes. They may be so sever as to be unpardonable.

There's no real need for blackmail on that front. He's a radicalized Muslim. He's doing jihad. Thats all that comes down to. I'm sure there's plenty of other issues to go with it, but thats the core of his Iran actions.

Offline r9etb

« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2016, 05:05:00 pm »
Apparently Obama excoriated Putin rudely to the point of actually yelling at him. Obama does not play well with others. I cannot imagine him groveling. His ego would never allow it. He is more prone to arrogance, threats, and intimidation. This has always been his style of management, if you can call it that.

Exactly right.  Obama is so certain he's right about everything, he simply cannot abide the petty arguments of lesser minds.  To those who understand this, it makes him very, very easy to steer in the right direction.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2016, 06:18:35 pm »
If I were heading the Donald Trump Secret Service detail....I would make him wear plastic gloves BEFORE shaking ANYONE'S hand at the White House today.

....and also strongly suggest that he eat before he gets there.

Trump has always been neurotic about shaking hands so he might agree to that.
Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.

Offline Emjay

• Womp, womp
« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2016, 06:21:40 pm »
Quote from 240B   "Obama is an arrogant, narcissistic, man-child, and he will not deal with this in a mature way."

You must be kidding.  Both Obama and Hillary have been professional enough to hide their arrogance in public remarks.

Trump is  an arrogant, narcissistic, man-child who does not have enough self discipline to do that.

Against stupidity, the Gods themselves contend in vain.