Author Topic: Obama will ask Trump to keep executive orders in place  (Read 688 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Obama will ask Trump to keep executive orders in place
« on: November 10, 2016, 02:37:23 pm »
 By Dave Boyer - The Washington Times - Wednesday, November 9, 2016

President Obama has described Donald Trump as ignorant, dangerous and unfit to lead the nation, but he’ll ask the Republican president-elect Thursday not to wipe out his cherished, legacy-making executive actions on everything from the Iranian nuclear deal to Obamacare.

In a meeting at the White House to prepare Mr. Trump for taking office, Mr. Obama will try to persuade the president-elect to honor what his aides call a “tradition” of preserving executive actions implemented by the departing chief executive.

“There is a tradition, particularly with regard to executive agreements of successive presidents preserving some element of continuity,” said White House press secretary Josh Earnest. “I don’t know whether or not that will apply in this case. But as a part of this effective, smooth transition, President Obama will have an opportunity to talk to President-elect Trump about some of the benefits of these policies.”

more
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2016/nov/9/obama-will-ask-donald-trump-keep-executive-orders-/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Obama will ask Trump to keep executive orders in place
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 02:40:52 pm »
Prediction:

Obama isn't going away.
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

Re: Obama will ask Trump to keep executive orders in place
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 02:42:13 pm »
Trump needs to be very careful if a drink is offered to him.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington