Author Topic: Kellyanne Conway’s Political Machinations  (Read 450 times)

Offline mrclose

Kellyanne Conway’s Political Machinations
« on: November 10, 2016, 07:54:10 am »

A refresher on the first woman to run a successful presidential campaign in U.S. history.

In late September, when Donald Trump spoke in Chester Township, Pennsylvania, outside Philadelphia, he wasn’t the only star at the event. Kellyanne Conway, his new campaign manager, who grew up nearby, and who has become ubiquitous on television, was greeted as a celebrity. “Did you see the people asking me to sign their posters and hats?” she asked me in a text while Trump was speaking. “So weird.”

In August, Conway, who is forty-nine, and a longtime Republican pollster, became Trump’s third campaign manager. Steve Bannon, the former head of Breitbart, a right-wing news site that has championed Trump’s candidacy, was named C.E.O. Conway, who is the first woman to run a Republican Presidential campaign, told me that she was proud of the milestone but not hung up on it. “I’ve been in a very male-dominated business for decades,” she said. “I found, particularly early on, that there’s plenty of room for passion, but there’s very little room for emotion.” She added, “I tell people all the time, ‘Don’t be fooled, because I am a man by day."

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2016/10/17/kellyanne-conways-political-machinations
"Hell is empty, all the devil's are here!"
~ Self