Author Topic: Kasich Staff Had ‘Come To Jesus’ Meeting After Election  (Read 772 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Kasich Staff Had ‘Come To Jesus’ Meeting After Election
« on: November 10, 2016, 03:11:42 am »
Kasich Staff Had ‘Come To Jesus’ Meeting After Election

Posted By Kerry Picket On 7:17 PM 11/09/2016

The staff of Ohio Governor John Kasich had a long talk with their boss Wednesday morning about his relationship going forward with now President-elect Donald Trump.

The staff first convinced the long time anti-Trump Republican to not deliver a Thursday speech intended to distinguish his vision of the Republican Party from  Trump’s agenda for the party, an inside source told The Daily Caller.

The scheduled speech, first reported by the Cincinnati Inquirer, that Kasich intended to give was supposed to be delivered 48 hours after polls closed on Tuesday night. But when reports came in showing Trump beating Clinton in the Buckeye State instead of a Trump loss and final reports showing Trump winning the entire election, his staff convinced him to not give the remarks.

Trump managed to win Ohio’s 18 electoral votes without the help of Kasich or Kasich’s support network. Republican presidential nominee Mitt Romney had Kasich’s endorsement in 2012 and did not win Ohio against Barack Obama.

The Daily Caller learned from the inside source that Kasich, who wanted to plan a 2020 run for the presidency, was embarrassed by Tuesday’s results. His staff sat him down for a meeting on how to go forward with Trump in the White House for the next four years.

“The inner circle sat him down and had a come to Jesus talk and got him to cancel the speech.”

Kasich announced over a week ago, when he voted by absentee ballot, that he wrote in Arizona Sen. John McCain’s name on the ballot instead of voting for Trump. Kasich mainly focused on tweeting about congressional races until he finally tweeted a congratulatory message to Trump:

John Kasich

@JohnKasich

The American people have spoken and it’s time to come together. Congratulations President-elect @realDonaldTrump.
8:56 AM - 9 Nov 2016

http://dailycaller.com/2016/11/09/kasich-staff-had-come-to-jesus-meeting-after-election/?print=1
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Frank Cannon

Re: Kasich Staff Had ‘Come To Jesus’ Meeting After Election
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 04:53:20 am »
The Daily Caller learned from the inside source that Kasich, who wanted to plan a 2020 run for the presidency, was embarrassed by Tuesday’s results.

So Kasich is denigrating his voters in his own state? What a petty little jerk who does stupid things while he hides behind a bible.

Offline Formerly Once-Ler

« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 05:07:36 am »
Let the great GOP purge begin.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 02:31:31 pm »
I read it differently.  I read it that he was embarrassed for not attending the Convention and not voting for Trump.  I suspect you are correct and the man was embarrassed that Trump took Ohio.  Nothing should surprise me any more.

What is it with these people? The election's over, and Kasich will not have to deal with HRC as POTUS. My prediction was wrong, so be it, I wasn't giving up my day job anyway.

Eight years ago, my 6th grade Old Testament class offered a Special Intention for President-elect Obama, and we'll do the same for President-elect Trump.

IMO, the majority opinion on TBR is the election's over, let's give Trump a chance.

With the possible exception, naturlich, of the most virulent Trump supporters that will continue to display their boorishness in victory.  :beer:
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 02:43:33 pm »
I can understand Republicans who didn't support Trump's candidacy. I wasn't particularly enthused about it myself.

What Kasich needs to understand, however, is that very few people - even in Ohio, apparently - actually care about "his vision." That's why he wasn't the nominee.

As I would say to the protesters, grownups look at the election results - whether they like them or not - and then contemplate the effect on themselves and their families, and move on with their lives accordingly.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org