Author Topic: Strange Potential Consequences of a Trump Presidency  (Read 605 times)

Offline RoosGirl

Strange Potential Consequences of a Trump Presidency
« on: November 10, 2016, 12:03:27 am »
I have consistently criticized — and ridiculed — Donald Trump. Now he will be president. Stop crying or cheering for a minute, and consider what might happen next. I have. Like a true analyst, I put emotion aside and make some sober predictions. At the heart of this analysis: Donald Trump is no Republican, and owes nobody anything.

If you are a supporter of Hillary Clinton and want to continue to lick your wounds, I feel you. I watched while most of my friends traded Facebook posts on how awful Donald Trump is. It’s not that I disagree — the number of loathsome, terrifying, and deplorable things he said was frightening.

But now he is free.

He has no responsibility or loyalty to the Republican Party. He is free to go in any direction that he thinks makes sense.

He has no responsibility to keep his promises. He repeatedly contradicted his own earlier statements, and it didn’t cost him.

He may even become free of some of his vindictive nature. Trump likes to win. He just won. Perhaps he will concentrate on savoring that, rather than inflicting pain on his past enemies. His victory speech was gracious.

Campaigning is about image and making promises. Trump played that game and won. Governing as president is about solving problems. Trump’s opponent now is the entrenched federal bureaucracy and the Congress. With that in mind, here are some things that could happen:

http://withoutbullshit.com/blog/strange-potential-consequences-donald-trump-presidency

Offline RoosGirl

Re: Strange Potential Consequences of a Trump Presidency
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2016, 12:06:40 am »
Pretty sure Without BS is not really an accurate name for this blog...