Author Topic: Democratic Party in crisis  (Read 4541 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Democratic Party in crisis
« Reply #75 on: November 12, 2016, 05:37:55 pm »
You self-admitted yesterday to me that you got EVERYTHING WRONG!   

E.V.E.R.Y.T.H.I.N.G.!!!!!!!

YOU are delusional!  Go read my post again!
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #76 on: November 12, 2016, 05:41:04 pm »

Why....did you edit it?     :laugh:
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #77 on: November 12, 2016, 05:47:21 pm »

November 09, 2016, 10:06:04 AM »  @Bigun

I never supported the Trump candidacy and still would not today and for that I make no apology to anyone.

I said that there was no way in hell that he would ever win the Republican nomination. Struck out there.

When he did win the nomination I said there was no way in hell he would ever beat Hillary Clinton. Struck out again.

That makes me currently 0 for 2 with a batting average of 0.00.

Our president elect made many promises to the people in accomplishing the things I mentioned above and I said I did not believe a word he said.

It is my most sincere hope and prayer for the sake of this once great republic and all of it's current and future inhabitants that going forward my batting average never improves!

I also find myself VERY happy this morning at the prospect of never ever having to hear the name Clinton with regard to any elected office in this land for as long as I live!

Are we having fun yet, Earl?    :beer:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 05:48:11 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #78 on: November 12, 2016, 05:51:44 pm »
Why....did you edit it?     :laugh:

Nope! Not a word of it!

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #79 on: November 12, 2016, 05:53:15 pm »

November 09, 2016, 10:06:04 AM »  @Bigun

Are we having fun yet, Earl?    :beer:

Yep!  that's the post! Now tell me how you arrived at me admitting that I had been wrong about EVERYTHING from that!

:beer:
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 05:54:12 pm by Bigun »

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #80 on: November 12, 2016, 05:59:12 pm »
Reid is GONE thank God and the putz from NY taking his place (Chuck Schumer) ain't gonna roll easily!  And besides that the odds that the dems retake the Senate in 18 are astronomical!

You celebrate a little early.

Reid is gone as much as Obama is gone.

There are still a couple of months for havoc to reign over us until they both are truly gone.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline Lando Lincoln

« Reply #81 on: November 12, 2016, 06:01:27 pm »
First of all, I did NOT post the controversial meme about apologizing, forgiving and forgetting with myself in mind.  I don't expect anybody in here to do any of those things. 

It was to let everybody reflect on their own rough go of it with individual/specific members, since the presidential campaigns began. 

It was for members who got into heated argument and flame wars...the MODS and administrators can't be everywhere at once...with once another, and it was a suggestion to examine events and make amends.

As far as being "right"....I not only told you he was going to win, but I told you HOW he would achieve it.

That's all I meant about being correct....the prognostication of it all.

And somebody tell Sink he now owes me $200.00    For the Nomination...and for the brass ring.   Or...is it $1,100?   

He never pays up, anyway. :laugh:

I may not be a college professor in Pennsylvania....I may, in fact, be a "Yahoo" in many members' eyes.

But, truthfully,.....who has the correct pulse on the electorate.   Me?   Or you self-appointed "big brains"?      :whistle:

If you want to call that gloating...so be it.   I've earned the right.   Just like John Houseman.

You certainly were right about the electorate!  Congrats and kudos on that!

And yes, I remember the wager with sink. I might not get in the middle of that one.
There are some among us who live in rooms of experience we can never enter.
John Steinbeck

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #82 on: November 12, 2016, 06:01:35 pm »
You celebrate a little early.

Reid is gone as much as Obama is gone.

There are still a couple of months for havoc to reign over us until they both are truly gone.

Yup!

Consider me properly chastised!

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #83 on: November 12, 2016, 06:01:51 pm »
That he did - and much of it extra-Constitutionally.  But IMO the greatest lost opportunity of the Obama years was his failure to heal race relations in this country.

Obama was never about to heal race relations.  Do you really believe he would every do this?

Liberals need this constantly to undermine the populace in order to use to enact their sour agenda.

No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #84 on: November 12, 2016, 06:12:25 pm »
Yep!  that's the post! Now tell me how you arrived at me admitting that I had been wrong about EVERYTHING from that!

:beer:

You said yourself, you're batting ZERO!

I'm just agreeing with you!    :laugh:

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #85 on: November 12, 2016, 06:18:04 pm »
As far as being "right"....I not only told you he was going to win, but I told you HOW he would achieve it.

Won't get too comfy Karnac. I went on a streak from 2009 to this election having called every major action/cave in by the GOP including Romney's wipeout when everyone sounded about him like you did about Trump.

With past performance being the most accurate predictor of future returns I'll be back to form in no time ;)

@CatherineofAragon
« Last Edit: November 12, 2016, 06:18:47 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #86 on: November 12, 2016, 06:23:59 pm »
You said yourself, you're batting ZERO!

I'm just agreeing with you!    :laugh:

Yep and I HOPE that continues with things Trump!  It remains to be seen whether or not it will!   :whistle:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #87 on: November 12, 2016, 06:27:14 pm »
Won't get too comfy Karnac. I went on a streak from 2009 to this election having called every major action/cave in by the GOP including Romney's wipeout when everyone sounded about him like you did about Trump.

With past performance being the most accurate predictor of future returns I'll be back to form in no time ;)

@CatherineofAragon

I am Hertz.  You are Avis.   

Now.....wax on.....wax off, Grasshopper!     :patriot:

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #88 on: November 12, 2016, 06:36:33 pm »
I am Hertz.  You are Avis.   

OJ? When'd you get out? :silly:

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #89 on: November 12, 2016, 06:55:54 pm »
OJ? When'd you get out? :silly:

That's "trying harder"?    :pondering:

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #90 on: November 12, 2016, 07:02:00 pm »
That's "trying harder"?    :pondering:

"If the joke does fit, you must admit!"

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #91 on: November 12, 2016, 07:18:10 pm »
"If the joke does fit, you must admit!"

:laugh:

Offline Bigun

• The FairTax Plan
« Reply #92 on: November 13, 2016, 02:03:52 pm »
Returning this thread back to it's original topic:

- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Rivergirl

« Reply #93 on: November 13, 2016, 03:52:00 pm »
My county board is made up of all republicans.  They got thousands more votes than the presidential candidate.