Author Topic: Who Won The Popular Vote? Latest Polls Show Hillary Clinton Ahead Of Donald Trump Despite Loss  (Read 1930 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: INTERNATIONAL BUSINESS TIMES

URL: http://www.ibtimes.com/who-won-popular-vote-latest-polls-show-hillary-clinton-ahead-donald-trump-despite-2444057

BY GREG PRICE

Republican Donald Trump sewed up the 2016 presidential election by claiming 306 electoral votes to Democrat Hillary Clinton’s 232, according to the most recent reported tally. However, Clinton, despite the devastating loss that very well could mean the end of her political career, did reportedly take the lead in the popular vote Wednesday morning as Minnesota, Michigan, New Hampshire and others continue to count votes.

As of early Wednesday morning, Clinton had 58,909,774 total votes compared to Trump’s 58,864,233, according to CBS News and CNN. The tallies will continue to change but Clinton holds a 47.6 percent lead compared to Trump’s 47.5 percent.

Unlike the last two presidential elections, which saw current commander-in-chief Barack Obama win both the electoral college and the popular vote over Republicans John McCain and Mitt Romney, there is a chance Trump could be the first to take the country’s highest political office without the popular vote since George W. Bush’s victory over Democrat Al Gore in 2000.

Clinton, who was reportedly too upset to address her supporters at New York’s Jacob Javits Center after she conceded to Trump early Wednesday morning, did manage to take key battleground states like Nevada, Colorado and Virginia and most of her electoral support came from cities.

Trump, however, secured his incredible upset victory by taking Florida, Iowa, Arizona, North Carolina, and Wisconsin. In terms of the popular vote, Trump’s widest margin in a swing state was Iowa, where he claimed 51.7 percent compared to Clinton’s 42.2 percent with 99 percent of polls reporting, according to CBS News.

Minnesota, Michigan, and Maine represent a combined 30 electoral votes, meaning even if Clinton does pull away with those states she still can’t reach the required 270.

Trump was holding a slim 47.6 percent lead to Clinton’s 47.3 percent in Michigan Wednesday morning, with a difference of roughly 215,000 votes. In New Hampshire it was just as close with a little more than 300 votes separating Trump and Clinton, according to CNN. In Minnesota, the two were divided by about 42,000 votes, with Clinton ahead 46.8 percent to Trump’s 45.4 percent.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 11:39:50 pm by SirLinksALot »

Online libertybele

"... The tallies will continue to change but Clinton holds a 47.6 percent lead compared to Trump’s 47.5 percent.""

Seriously here?  She leads by .1%.     :silly:  :silly:  End of discussion.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline montanajoe

"... The tallies will continue to change but Clinton holds a 47.6 percent lead compared to Trump’s 47.5 percent.""

Seriously, if the situation was reversed everyone knows that for Trump supporters it would not be the end of the discussion...

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Seriously, if the situation was reversed everyone knows that for Trump supporters it would not be the end of the discussion...

It was an unpopularity contest with some 7 million fewer voters than 2012.

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.

Good way to put it.

Offline Chosen Daughter

• For there is no respect of persons with God. Romans 10:12-13
  • Ephesians 6:13 Stand Firm in the face of evil

Yeah that is silly. 
AG William Barr: "I'm recused from that matter because one of the law firms that represented Epstein long ago was a firm that I subsequently joined for a period of time."

Alexander Acosta Labor Secretary resigned under pressure concerning his "sweetheart deal" with Jeffrey Epstein.  He was under consideration for AG after Sessions was removed, but was forced to resign instead.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Edit, we gained about that much in total pop

Population

« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 01:32:18 am by Norm Lenhart »

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
Yes, and mind you, with Johnson peeling off about 4%, neither Trump nor Clinton got a majority in the popular vote.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Fantom

888high58888  Yeah right.

Two bloated dead skunks in the road, and you have to choose to hit one of them....nice choice.  :smokin:
Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Fantom

Oh, btw..... we are not a Democracy..we are a Republic.

Fortunately, one needs a consensus here in America across ALL States to elect a President... not just a few 110% urban voting districts.

Fortunately.. I hope, America chose the best bloated skunk.

Those who profess to favor freedom, and yet deprecate agitation, are men who want crops without plowing up the ground, they want rain without thunder and lightning, they want the ocean without the awful roar of its many waters.

Frederick Douglass

Offline roamer_1

Fortunately.. I hope, America chose the best bloated skunk.

I remain adamant that there is no such thing. I'd rather poke a dead beaver with a stick.

Offline Fantom

I remain adamant that there is no such thing. I'd rather poke a dead beaver with a stick.

Seems Trump did just that.    :whistle:

Frederick Douglass

Offline roamer_1

Offline dfwgator

So?  Bet Trump would still win if the rules dictated that the popular vote wins.

The campaign would be structured completely different.

Also, how many people in the non-swing states weren't motivated to vote because they knew it wouldn't matter. Bet Trump would have gotten a lot more votes from Texas and California if those votes actually would have mattered.

Online libertybele

The election is over.  I was a huge Cruz supporter and I too have been very disappointed that this election turned out the way it did.  However, it is over.  Hillary is defeated, we retained the House and Senate and we should be counting our blessings right now.  We need to come together and quit with all the continued accusations against the Trump supporters.  The election is over.  Trump won!  We need to pray for this nation.  Right now we have idiots protesting and burning flags in the streets and the DEMS are going to do everything to ensure that Trump doesn't succeed.  The left has instilled in our students that the GOP are racists and bigots, when indeed it is they that are guilty.  If we don't show unity, how do we expect them to accept our new president?  The GOP controls the House, the Senate and the Oval office.  We have a real chance to move this country forward instead of being stuck on who we would have rather had in the White Office.  Let's move on and move forward.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Fantom

The election is over.  I was a huge Cruz supporter and I too have been very disappointed that this election turned out the way it did.  However, it is over.  Hillary is defeated, we retained the House and Senate and we should be counting our blessings right now.  We need to come together and quit with all the continued accusations against the Trump supporters.  The election is over.  Trump won!  We need to pray for this nation.  Right now we have idiots protesting and burning flags in the streets and the DEMS are going to do everything to ensure that Trump doesn't succeed.  The left has instilled in our students that the GOP are racists and bigots, when indeed it is they that are guilty.  If we don't show unity, how do we expect them to accept our new president?  The GOP controls the House, the Senate and the Oval office.  We have a real chance to move this country forward instead of being stuck on who we would have rather had in the White Office.  Let's move on and move forward.

I am there too.

Unless Trump betrays Conservatives. But I will not buy that trouble till I see it.

There were two jackasses... I am riding the only one headed in my direction...so far.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist

God forbid that any onus be on orange glorious to actually do something remotely conservative before we come together.

Offline Fantom

God forbid that any onus be on orange glorious to actually do something remotely conservative before we come together.

Mike Pence

Newt.

Ted Cruz endorsed... and campaigned for him.

Policy/Judges by Heritage.....

He did enough that I voted for him here in Oklahoma..where I could have not voted for him and kept ..what.. some sense of moral superiority?

No, Trump did enough in embracing Conservative positions and People's, that I had to vote my conscience... like Ted.

Hopefully Trump is not the ultimate Trojan Horse.  We will see.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Right_in_Virginia

That's President-Elect Trump.   Enough with the gratuitous insults toward him, please.

Thanks.

Offline Fantom

That's President-Elect Trump.   Enough with the gratuitous insults toward him, please.

Thanks.

To be fair... the Orange One, has not provided a birth certificate.

Frederick Douglass

Offline Right_in_Virginia

To be fair... the Orange One, has not provided a birth certificate.

Okay...so you're still angry.  I hope you choose to let that anger go. 

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"

Aren't we all together in hoping that he'll do something remotely conservative?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 03:05:53 am by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline roamer_1

Thanks.

They aren't gratuitous.  Justified.

Offline Fantom

Okay...so you're still angry.  I hope you choose to let that anger go.

LOL... "Natural Born Citizen". Which in the most restricted  case, is a person born of two parents who are BOTH Citizens of the Country in question. Trumps mom was of Scottish birth.

Just sayin'.

As for angry.. rather amused actually. Heck... I just voted for the orange fool.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 03:11:11 am by Fantom »

Frederick Douglass

Offline montanajoe

"We"? got a mouse in your pocket?

I view both Trump and Clinton as equally bad. I supported neither while  caring less who was elected. Now that he is elected he needs to put up or shut up for me to ever believe he is actually a Conservative. He's one of the two worst moral degenerates to run for president in the history of this country....I won't cut him any slack..sorry if some have their tender sensibilities ruffled by that but thats just the way it is from my perspective..