Author Topic: George W. Bush Congratulates President-Elect Trump on Win  (Read 382 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
George W. Bush Congratulates President-Elect Trump on Win
« on: November 09, 2016, 11:34:06 pm »

Newsmax
George W. Bush Congratulates President-Elect Trump on Win
Wednesday, November 9, 2016 05:28 PM

By: Solange Reyner

George W. Bush on Wednesday said he called President-Elect Donald Trump to congratulate him despite not voting for the Republican nominee.

"Laura and I wish the President-elect, Melania, and the entire Trump family all our very best as they take on an awesome responsibility and begin an exciting new chapter in their lives," read a statement from Bush, according to The Texas Tribune. "We pray for the success of our country and the success of our new President."

Bush and his wife, Laura, left their ballots empty when it came down to their presidential choice. Bush's father, George H.W. Bush told friends privately he would vote for Hillary Clinton although a statement Tuesday from one of his spokesman said he wouldn't confirm who he voted for, and Jeb Bush and son, Jeb Bush Jr. were vocal about not supporting Trump.

Texas land commissioner George P. Bush was the only family member to publicly back Trump and urged other Republicans to vote for him, too.

Trump called George W. Bush's decision to not vote for him "sad" but also said it would not have made a difference. He was right. Trump surprised everyone and won the election in a race that was called around 3 a.m. Wednesday morning.

http://www.newsmax.com/PrintTemplate.aspx/?nodeid=758077
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
Re: George W. Bush Congratulates President-Elect Trump on Win
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 11:48:43 pm »
I may have disagreed with a lot of W.'s policy decisions, but at least he's always known how to act Presidential.
Let it burn.

Offline ConstitutionRose

Re: George W. Bush Congratulates President-Elect Trump on Win
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2016, 12:53:57 pm »
I may have disagreed with a lot of W.'s policy decisions, but at least he's always known how to act Presidential.

Always a class act and very supportive of the military. 
"Old man can't is dead.  I helped bury him."  Supreme Court Justice Clarence Thomas quoting his grandfather.