Author Topic: Ben Carson EXCLUSIVE: Trump leads America's new Manifest Destiny  (Read 396 times)

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
Ben Carson EXCLUSIVE: Trump leads America's new Manifest Destiny
« on: November 09, 2016, 07:37:16 pm »
November 09, 2016, 11:23 am
Ben Carson EXCLUSIVE: Trump leads America's new Manifest Destiny
By Dr. Ben Carson, contributor

Donald Trump’s presidential victory last night was about many things. I will let others parse and declare what those are. They all intersect and converge into one truly incredible, history-defying event. But one thing I noticed while a presidential candidate and while traveling alongside President-elect Trump during his primary battle, was this appeal to a new American Manifest Destiny.

America has always been a beacon for individuals who wanted to make something great of their lives and fortunes; for those who had seemingly tried all things everywhere else but found new hope, new inspiration here on our shores. It certainly began with a tiny ship crossing a deep blue sea and landing in Jamestown over 400-years ago.

But that sense of hope and pursuit of something more than oneself have never left. It is indelibly marked into the DNA of this nation. We may not remember and certainly don’t always feel it, but by the grace of God, it is passed from generation to generation.

Historians labeled that zeal for American greatness as Manifest Destiny — an acknowledgment that, whether by Providence or something else — this nation was always on a path to write the course of history, and play such a critical role on the stage of mankind.

Read More At: http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/305214-ben-carson-exclusive-trump-leads-americas-new-manifest-destiny
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 07:40:33 pm by TomSea »

geronl

Re: Ben Carson EXCLUSIVE: Trump leads America's new Manifest Destiny
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 07:47:40 pm »
complete insanity

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 07:49:32 pm »
It's one heck of a challenge to rise to. Here's hoping he can do it.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2016, 01:37:35 pm »
220 Reagan staff led by Ed Meese endorsed Trump.

Good luck with those who try to convince us he's not conservative.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2016, 01:42:22 pm »
220 Reagan staff led by Ed Meese endorsed Trump.

Good luck with those who try to convince us he's not conservative.

Conservativism is based on positions, not endorsements.  And we really don't know how conservative Trump really is. On spending he's to the left but a GOP Congress may put a lid on some of that plus on his new entitlement proposal that he made during the campaign is unlikely to happen

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy