Author Topic: Protests erupt in California after Trump wins election  (Read 3359 times)

Online libertybele

Protests erupt in California after Trump wins election
« on: November 09, 2016, 05:27:42 pm »
Looks like Hillary has some of her own 'deplorables'. Looks like Californians feels that their votes should rule.

Protests erupt in California after Trump wins election

Protests erupted in Northern California early Wednesday after Donald Trump was declared the next president of the United States.

According to KTVU, about 100 protesters gathered in Oakland and sought to block freeways and create a commotion. The protesters forced BART to shut down and at least one demonstrator was struck by a vehicle.

SF Gate reported that police temporarily shut down Highway 24 to tend to the woman who was struck. California Highway Patrol Sgt. Matt Langford described her injuries as “major.”

The station also reported that some cars were set on fire and other vehicles had broken windows...

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/11/09/protests-erupt-in-california-after-trump-wins-election.html
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: Protests erupt in California after Trump wins election
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 05:31:29 pm »
Well if he makes Rudy the top cop, maybe he can revive his old ways in NYC and end this idiocy of liberal rioting. It would be nice to see someone finally put them in prison for this crap.

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 05:34:21 pm »
#CalExit! Yes! Secede!
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 07:17:33 pm »
By the way, I see one major danger sign here in this election.

Look at these two vote splits:

CA
Clinton 61.5%
Trump 33.2%
- Clinton +28.3%

TX
Trump 52.6%
Clinton 43.4%
- Trump +9.2%

Sure, Trump pierced the "blue wall," but we conservatives have long considered TX as a bastion of conservatism. It would appear to me that CA is a much more solidly liberal bastion than TX is conservative.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 07:43:54 pm »
There are fine Americans there.  It is amazing, only around 35% of the populace voted for Trump and in the Senate race, it was between 2 Democrats. Ridiculous.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 07:51:58 pm »
By the way, I see one major danger sign here in this election.

Look at these two vote splits:

CA
Clinton 61.5%
Trump 33.2%
- Clinton +28.3%

TX
Trump 52.6%
Clinton 43.4%
- Trump +9.2%

Sure, Trump pierced the "blue wall," but we conservatives have long considered TX as a bastion of conservatism. It would appear to me that CA is a much more solidly liberal bastion than TX is conservative.

Thats the Californication effect. Look at Arizona. We are far left of when I first came here in the mid 90s because Californication has marched ceaselessly across the Colorado. Nevada suffered the same fate starting mid 9s. By 97, you could see anti smoking billboards along the strip.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 07:52:33 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline IsailedawayfromFR

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 10:06:43 pm »
My mom in Austin, TX said demonstrators have today staged protests against Trump's victory by blocking some streets.

Liberal city, so am sure the local authorities will do nothing.

I pray they go onto the State Capitol grounds as I believe Governor Abbott will have something to say (and do) about it.
No punishment, in my opinion, is too great, for the man who can build his greatness upon his country's ruin~  George Washington

Offline skeeter

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 10:10:13 pm »
And these protesting clowns say they are scared of us, who routinely accept politically defeat quietly.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 10:12:42 pm »
There are fine Americans there.  It is amazing, only around 35% of the populace voted for Trump and in the Senate race, it was between 2 Democrats. Ridiculous.

Its not the state, its the cities. Just like elsewhere in this country - its become the cities vs the rest of us.

There are many places in California where you would swear you were in the middle of Oklahoma.

Offline truth_seeker

• Common Sense Results Oriented Conservative Veteran
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 10:31:57 pm »
Its not the state, its the cities. Just like elsewhere in this country - its become the cities vs the rest of us.

There are many places in California where you would swear you were in the middle of Oklahoma.

I assure anybody that is baffled, California has plenty of conservative people.   
"God must love the common man, he made so many of them.�  Abe Lincoln

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 10:37:02 pm »
I assure anybody that is baffled, California has plenty of conservative people.

There are, but they're a minority since the state gets the full lala land influx from everywhere else for a couple years at a stretch, who then head back east after failing in Cali to become the next Kardashian or Tech guru.They return more liberal than they entered. It's the training ground based on the universities and nutcases in govt social engineering the place.

Online libertybele

« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2016, 02:29:53 am »
CNN is reporting protests and flag burning.  I can't ever remember people in this country protesting an election like this.  It sickens me.  It is being reported that protesters are walking out of colleges and high schools --- gee looks like our great liberal school system has instilled bigotry, hate and absolutely no respect for our Constitution in our students. 

We have the right to peaceful assembly.  This is NOT a peaceful assembly, nor is burning our flag.  The little a***** need to be arrested and charged.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/11/09/politics/election-results-reaction-streets/index.html

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2016, 02:40:25 am »
No, there haven't been protests of elections but note,

Protests against war during Bush's administration, Code Pink, then they are silent largely during the Obama administration.

BLM and OWS protest but not against Obama, but against the police.

These protests seem a lot like BLM.

Some protesters have pre-made signs, this is all organized surely, probably by Soros and the same old suspects.

Online libertybele

« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2016, 02:51:31 am »
Well if he makes Rudy the top cop, maybe he can revive his old ways in NYC and end this idiocy of liberal rioting. It would be nice to see someone finally put them in prison for this crap.

Agreed.  Hopefully, our police departments will be able to afford to increase their manpower to control the idiots. Once deportations  start and Trump refuses to let in people from areas of known terrorists, things are going to get ugly.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #14 on: November 10, 2016, 02:57:02 am »
What are they protesting? 

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #15 on: November 10, 2016, 03:06:56 am »
Agreed.  Hopefully, our police departments will be able to afford to increase their manpower to control the idiots. Once deportations  start and Trump refuses to let in people from areas of known terrorists, things are going to get ugly.
The laws are on the books for forfieture and every one of these protests is funded somewhere in the mix by anyone from Soros to Tides to some other 'philanthropic. Additionally, Companies like Apple and many retail companies 'contribute'.

this is RICO. So put the FBI on it bigtime, and hit the money men directly. Throw a couple in jail because ultimately there is no excuse for not knowing where their money goes. Then get a court order for the cost of the police investigation/resource use and there you go.

Likewise, bring RICO charges against politicians and personalities complicit in promoting and thus making them direct accessories to a criminal enterprise/action.

Hardball. All 100% within the law.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 03:08:36 am by Norm Lenhart »

Online libertybele

« Reply #16 on: November 10, 2016, 03:09:36 am »

The election of Trump/Pence.

Offline Applewood

« Reply #17 on: November 10, 2016, 10:54:20 am »
Protests in Pittsburgh so far are not violent.  But I have to ask, what's the point?  Trump is the president-elect and marching/rioting is not going to change that. 

There was an interview with a female protester.  She was really in mourning.  I was waiting for her to start tearing her garments and dump ashes on her head as was done in Biblical times.  Good Lord, honey.  Get a grip!

By the way, most of the protesters here were identified as university students.  Why aren't they home or at the library studying?

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2016, 11:08:12 am »

By the way, most of the protesters here were identified as university students.  Why aren't they home or at the library studying?

Because they are special snowflakes and they feel this is a violation of their safe space?
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Offline Applewood

« Reply #19 on: November 10, 2016, 11:25:03 am »
Because they are special snowflakes and they feel this is a violation of their safe space?

I suppose so.  Seems to me this country is producing a generation of little babies in grownup clothes. 

Except of course, for those in the military. 

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
« Reply #20 on: November 10, 2016, 11:25:57 am »
I suppose so.  Seems to me this country is producing a generation of little babies in grownup clothes. 

Except of course, for those in the military.

:amen: :patriot:
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️

Online LMAO

« Reply #21 on: November 10, 2016, 11:54:20 am »

@Right_in_Virginia

The election

Why are they protesting?

Very simple.

These are people that were told all through childhood that they mattered above all else. Their feelings were the most important things in the world. Nothing could ever jeopardize their fragile self esteems. No scores kept in games, they were told 2+2 could equal whatever they wanted to equal, whatever had to be done to protect their fragile egos was done.

Fast foreword to their young adult years. They go into the university system and are provided spaces to protect them from alternative viewpoints they don't want to hear. Then reality hits them. In this case, an election they don't like the results of. They, because they have been pandered to and coddled all their lives, can't accept any uncomfortable reality so they believe if they whine and protest the results will then get changed to their liking.

Now, those of us in reality know that's not how things work in the real world. But many of today' s millenials are ill equipped to deal with reality. That' s part of the reason why they are unemployable

I have seen were some issued tweets talking about killing Trump. In a country of laws, they would be receiving a visit from law enforcement. But under BHO, we have become a nation of suggestions so who knows what will happen to them
« Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 12:03:21 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #22 on: November 10, 2016, 01:18:25 pm »
I thought Oakland just lives a perpetual riot?

Online mountaineer

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2016, 01:43:54 pm »
They're "protesting" (read, rioting) in cities that voted overwhelmingly for Clinton. Let that sink in. These idiots aren't protesting the Trump vote where it actually happened. I guess they don't want to bus to middle America to riot in the middle of a soybean field or at the opening of a coal mine, or something.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mountaineer

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2016, 01:59:22 pm »
Blue Lives Matter
To Election Protesters: What Are You Trying To Accomplish?
By Officer Blue On November 9, 2016

As election protests ramp up across the country, illegally blocking roads and setting the stage for rioting, election protesters should ask themselves what they are actually accomplishing.

Donald Trump just won the U.S. presidential election. That means that roughly half of voting Americans chose Trump over Hillary Clinton. You are not going to be able to protest and rally your way out of this. When President Obama won his last election, large groups of people were calling for his impeachment. In the area I live, there were even people set up with petitions to remove him from office. Talking to these people it seemed clear to them, “Everybody hates him.” They were clearly wrong, considering that he had just been re-elected. Somehow, ignoring all logic and reasoning, they thought that there was enough support to remove an elected president from office immediately after he had won an election. What America is experiencing now is essentially the same thing.

Going out into the streets to protest the election results is endangering people’s safety and property. And for what? Masses of people are participating in what is essentially a giant temper-tantrum. Not too long ago, masses of people from across the country got together to protest Wall Street. Despite all of their participation and energy, they didn’t accomplish anything. The lesson that should have been learned after the failed Occupy Wall Street protests is that you can’t just protest against something, if you want to make change, you need to organize for change.

Black Lives Matter is a perfect example of a group that knows how to organize to enact the changes they want. They started as a mass movement, and organized to push a political agenda which has almost nothing to do with with what they were protesting. Black Lives Matter uses their protests as a platform to bring attention to their misguided cause.

All of these angry Trump opponent have the ability to organize to change America’s political system, but instead they are stamping their feet and screaming. Many are even “threatening” to leave the country, in the “I’m going to take my ball and go home” reaction.

We have a political system which allowed two of the most despised candidates to receive their party’s nomination. A majority of Americans aren’t happy with the system, no matter who they voted for. You can use this energy to change the system, or you can continue to endanger people while you throw your temper tantrum.

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org