Author Topic: Celebrities Who Promised to Leave America if Trump wins (Will they?)  (Read 1389 times)

Offline SirLinksALot

SOURCE: THE WRAP

URL: http://www.thewrap.com/17-stars-who-have-vowed-to-leave-america-if-donald-trump-wins-election-photo/1/

It's not uncommon for people to joke/threaten about leaving the U.S. if the "wrong" person becomes president. But Donald Trump has Hollywood in such a froth that loads of celebrities are now talking about pulling up stakes. Here's a small collection of them, ranging from silly jokes to serious plans.

1. Lena Dunham has been one of the most active celebrity Clinton supporters out there, but she says she'll move to Canada if Trump wins: "I know a lovely place in Vancouver, and I can get my work done from there."

2. While promoting "The Hateful Eight," Samuel L. Jackson told Jimmy Kimmel that in the wake of a Trump victory he would "move my black ass to South Africa."

3. Trump's Super Tuesday victory in the primaries left Miley Cyrus distraught. She hasn't said where she'll go, but promised on Instagram that "I am moving if this is my president! I don't say things I don't mean!"

4. Cher has a history of feuding with Trump even before he announced his candidacy and has been often asked about what she thinks about his attempts to become President. Cher tweeted that if he wins she will "move to Jupiter." If Cher does get a SpaceX flight to another planet, she might have Jon Stewart as her window-seat buddy, as he joked to People Magazine that he “would consider getting in a rocket and going to another planet, because clearly this planet’s gone bonkers.”

5. Symone Raven: Even before Trump officially got nominated, she promised on The View that she would leave for Canada if any Republican got elected: "I literally bought my ticket, I swear."

6. Natasha Lyonne might not leave the country, but when asked by Starz where she might go, she said she might check herself into a mental hospital.

7. George Lopez told TMZ that he would move south of the border if Trump won, and that other Latinos would come with him: "If he wins, he won't have to worry about immigration; we'll all go back."

8. Al Sharpton said in February that he had "reserved his ticket" to leave if Trump won and that he would support anyone necessary to beat him.

9. "House of Cards" star Neve Campbell is a natural-born Canadian citizen but lives in Beverly Hills, so for her moving to another country is easy, and she's said she's ready to do it.

10. Chelsea Handler told Kelly Ripa on "Live!" that her plans to move aren't just words. She has already bought a house in Spain and is ready to go if necessary.

11. Barbra Streisand has been hitting the campaign trail hard for Hillary, but she too is ready to abandon ship if her campaign fails. She said she would decide between moving to Australia and Canada if Trump takes office.

12. In the final days of the campaign, Bryan Cranston added his name to the exodus list: "I would definitely move. ... It's not real to me that that would happen. I hope to God it won't."

13. But some threats to leave America are a bit more tongue-in-cheek. Take Spike Lee, who vowed to respond to a Trump victory by "moving back to the republic of Brooklyn."

14. Amy Schumer The comedian and Trainwreck actress said Spain would be her destination of choice if Trump wins the presidency.

“My act will change because I will need to learn to speak Spanish,” Schumer said in an appearance on the BBC’s Newsnight in September. “Because I will move to Spain or somewhere. It’s beyond my comprehension if Trump won. It’s just too crazy.”

15.  Jon Stewart : The former Daily Show funnyman may want to connect with billionaire space pioneer Elon Musk if Trump wins; he told People magazine last year that he would consider “getting in a rocket and going to another planet, because clearly this planet’s gone bonkers.”

16. Whoopi Goldberg: The comedian and top-rated The View co-host has repeatedly trashed Trump on the ABC daytime talk show.

“Listen, he can be whatever party he wants to be,” she said during an episode in January. “What he can’t be is he can’t be the guy that says it’s your fault stuff isn’t working. That’s not the president I want. Find a way to make stuff work.”

“Maybe it’s time for me to move, you know. I can afford to go,” she added.

Offline SirLinksALot

Re: Celebrities Who Promised to Leave America if Trump wins (Will they?)
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 04:37:29 pm »
Let's see who of them keeps their promise.

If you don't know who they are, GOOD FOR YOU.

You aren't missing much :)

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 05:09:55 pm »
Let's see who of them keeps their promise.

If you don't know who they are, GOOD FOR YOU.

You aren't missing much :)

Good luck to those moving to Eurozone countries. The weakening Euro is going to affect their wealth. I just ordered a case of Mosel Riesling Auslese (silver and gold medal winners all) for less than $15 a bottle. Poor Ms. Handler is going to learn hard lessons about inflation in Spain.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline SirLinksALot

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 05:14:26 pm »
I think Canada will be their most likely destination if they're not bluffing. However, I think most of them are BLUFFING.

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 05:21:10 pm »
Stephen King is "shutting down."  :silly:
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline ScottinVA

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 05:45:01 pm »
George Lopez told TMZ that he would move south of the border if Trump won, and that other Latinos would come with him: "If he wins, he won't have to worry about immigration; we'll all go back."

That's a case of the garbage taking itself out.  Knock yourself out, Jorge.

Offline uglybiker

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 08:18:31 pm »
Cher, Mecha-Streisand and a lot of others threatened to leave when Bush was elected.

They're still here.
nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-nuh-BATMAN!!!

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 08:21:24 pm »

"You're still here?  It's over!"

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 08:22:03 pm »
I think Canada will be their most likely destination if they're not bluffing. However, I think most of them are BLUFFING.
Why is it never Cuba or some African country?

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 08:33:49 pm »
In most cases, an exodus of Hollywood types would serve a number of useful purposes, including reducing the frequency of sexually-transmitted diseases and raising the national IQ.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn