Author Topic: Meet Trump's Cabinet-in-waiting  (Read 3962 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Meet Trump's Cabinet-in-waiting
« on: November 09, 2016, 02:18:00 pm »

By Nancy Cook and Andrew Restuccia

11/09/16 02:56 AM EST

President-elect Donald Trump does not have the traditional cadre of Washington insiders and donors to build out his Cabinet, but his transition team has spent the past several months quietly building a short list of industry titans and conservative activists who could comprise one of the more eclectic and controversial presidential cabinets in modern history.

Trumpworld has started with a mandate to hire from the private sector whenever possible. That’s why the Trump campaign is seriously considering Forrest Lucas, the 74-year-old co-founder of oil products company Lucas Oil, as a top contender for Interior secretary, or donor and Goldman Sachs veteran Steven Mnuchin as Treasury secretary.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/who-is-in-president-trump-cabinet-231071?lo=ap_a3
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Re: Meet Trump's Cabinet-in-waiting
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 02:28:23 pm »

By Nancy Cook and Andrew Restuccia

11/09/16 02:56 AM EST

President-elect Donald Trump does not have the traditional cadre of Washington insiders and donors to build out his Cabinet, but his transition team has spent the past several months quietly building a short list of industry titans and conservative activists who could comprise one of the more eclectic and controversial presidential cabinets in modern history.

Trumpworld has started with a mandate to hire from the private sector whenever possible. That’s why the Trump campaign is seriously considering Forrest Lucas, the 74-year-old co-founder of oil products company Lucas Oil, as a top contender for Interior secretary, or donor and Goldman Sachs veteran Steven Mnuchin as Treasury secretary.

more
http://www.politico.com/story/2016/11/who-is-in-president-trump-cabinet-231071?lo=ap_a3

I know they're on the outs, but I would love to see Fiorina as Secretary of Commerce.  International experience, and an excellent understanding of the role regulatory overreach plays in crippling our ability to compete.

Online corbe

« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 02:40:52 pm »
   After Clinton and Kerry Bolton would be a breath of fresh air at State. 

Maybe he could even clean it up, though highly doubtful.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 02:49:41 pm »

Offline libertybele

« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 03:05:13 pm »
I like the line up except for Giuliani and Christie -- 2 NY liberals!  I am disappointed that the list doesn't include Cruz; especially after who I feel helped him win at the end.  But, I am too elated that Clinton is defeated to let that spoil victory.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 03:11:58 pm »

Hope he doesn't turn the selection process into a reality TV show.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline GAJohnnie

« Reply #6 on: November 09, 2016, 03:19:36 pm »

Please don't post pictures of your family on this thread.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 03:29:13 pm »

Really?  I have never been a Trump supporter and I am a huge Cruz supporter, but pictures likes this are unnecessary and offensive especially after the tremendous GOP victory last night.  Let's give our newly elected President a chance.  Yes, we need to hold him accountable and responsible from this point forward, but posting pictures like this only reflects poorly on you.  It does nothing to help move this country forward in a positive direction.  The only disability right now that he has is people with bad attitudes such as yours.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 03:30:32 pm »
Nothing says "Drain the Swamp" like 40 year Washington Insider Newt Gingrich.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 03:36:08 pm »
Nothing says "Drain the Swamp" like 40 year Washington Insider Newt Gingrich.

And now we'll see how well his supporters hold the anti Goldman Sachs candidate's feet to the fire when he hires GS veteran Steven Mnuchin.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 06:41:50 pm »
Please don't post pictures of your family on this thread.

But my family has Electrolytes.

geronl

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 06:43:48 pm »
lol.

I think people might be surprised by how different the real cabinet is

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 07:02:27 pm »
Newt as prospectve SoS **nononono* . Bolton would be much better choice, IMHO.
Bolton was great. He looks and usually sounds like he belongs in the world of 1900's TR big stick diplomacy.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline rodamala

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 08:15:29 pm »
The only disability right now that he has is people with bad attitudes such as yours.

Who?   Me?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 08:16:14 pm by rodamala »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 08:16:08 pm »

Offline Ghost Bear

• Not an actual picture of me
« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 10:55:29 pm »
Local talk radio in Austin is reporting rumors that Rick Perry has been offered the Sec. of Agriculture position.
Let it burn.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 11:04:25 pm »
Local talk radio in Austin is reporting rumors that Rick Perry has been offered the Sec. of Agriculture position.
He'd be a good choice.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 11:09:02 pm »
He'd be a good choice.

Yes, he was Texas Ag. Commissioner for eight years, before he ran for and won the Lt. Governor position in 1998.
Let it burn.

Offline kevindavis007

« Reply #18 on: November 09, 2016, 11:09:14 pm »

Good choice..
Join The Reagan Caucus: https://reagancaucus.org/

Offline InHeavenThereIsNoBeer

« Reply #19 on: November 09, 2016, 11:11:15 pm »
I know they're on the outs, but I would love to see Fiorina as Secretary of Commerce.  International experience,

No one knows the Iranian printer market quite like carly.
My avatar shows the national debt in stacks of $100 bills.  If you look very closely under the crane you can see the Statue of Liberty.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #20 on: November 09, 2016, 11:12:37 pm »
I wouldn't mind Giuliani in DOJ or Homeland Security
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #21 on: November 09, 2016, 11:23:36 pm »

Is that one of the two cabinet positions he forgot about during the 2012 debates?????    :tongue2:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Ghost Bear

« Reply #22 on: November 09, 2016, 11:40:23 pm »
Is that one of the two cabinet positions he forgot about during the 2012 debates?????    :tongue2:

I went and looked it up, the three cabinet offices he wanted to eliminate were Commerce, Education, and Energy. Energy was the one he couldn't remember.  (Oops.)
Let it burn.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #23 on: November 10, 2016, 01:05:56 am »

I'd like to see Perry as Defense Secretary...

Online corbe

« Reply #24 on: November 10, 2016, 01:36:55 am »
No one knows the Iranian printer market quite like carly.

She's certainly got allot of experience destroying printer companies.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.