Author Topic: May God Bless President Trump  (Read 851 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
May God Bless President Trump
« on: November 09, 2016, 02:06:26 pm »
 May God Bless President Trump
By David French — November 9, 2016

I have never been more wrong about anything in my life than I’ve been in my assessment of Donald Trump’s political prospects. I discounted him in the primary, and I was discounting him in the general election all the way until about 9:30 p.m. on election night. He is now my president-elect and the future commander-in-chief of the most powerful military the world has ever seen. I pray earnestly and unambiguously that God may bless him, grant him wisdom, and open his ears to wise counsel. I pray earnestly and unambiguously that I end up being just as wrong about his character and capabilities as I was about his political prospects. I want him to be good, to be wise, and to be worthy of the Oval Office.

At the same time that I’ve been Never Trump, I have also been Never Hillary. There is a measure of real justice in the America’s rejection of Hillary Clinton. The electorate has directly and intentionally rebuked her corruption, her double standards, and her arrogance. This election was less about the love of Trump (though many millions do certainly love him) than it was about rejecting the colossal hubris of the progressive establishment. This is a good thing, a very good thing indeed.

Moreover, with the GOP retaining the House and Senate, there are many, many good and principled conservatives returning to Washington. They have the opportunity to right an enormous number of statutory and regulatory wrongs. This victory was not just about Trump. From top to bottom, the GOP had a far, far better night than it did in its presidential landslides of 1972, 1980, or 1984. The Republican party now runs the United States of America.

Finally, the role of conservatives — whether they were Never Trump or supporting Trump out of a belief that he represented the “lesser of two evils” — is clear. Trump is not naturally or intellectually conservative. He is self-interested. It is vital that we unite to strongly and clearly declare that life, liberty, and constitutional governance must prevail. I’m under no illusion that conservatism won the White House tonight, but conservatism has a voice. We must use it without fear.

http://www.nationalreview.com/node/442008/print
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Jazzhead

• Blue lives matter
Re: May God Bless President Trump
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2016, 02:12:43 pm »
I too, hope and pray that Trump has the intelligence, perspective and humility to listen to wise counsel -  like David French. 

It's crackers to slip a rozzer the dropsy in snide

Offline austingirl

• Cruz 2016- a Constitutional Conservative at last!
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2016, 02:45:16 pm »
I have prayed that our Republic would be saved from the corruptocrat Hitlery. I wonder if they have to give back the Foundation donations/bribes?

I hope that Trump will deliver on the Supreme Court and that his administration will be able to stop the corruption in the federal government.
Principles matter. Words matter.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2016, 04:43:19 pm »
Trump is a deeply religious man, when Mike or John Lundell, the mypillow.com guy met him, he said that both of them immediately spoke about God for 5 minutes.

Offline EasyAce

• RIP Blue, 2012-2020---my big, gentle friend.
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2016, 07:42:58 pm »
. . . strongly and clearly declare that life, liberty, and constitutional governance must prevail.

Good luck with that, Mr. French.

Neither the Republican nor the Democratic presidential candidate believes in truly constitutional
government. Both believe that if elected they prevail and the Constitution be damned. Both
believe---with differing devils in differing details---that the State is all and the citizen is nothing, above
and beyond how the citizen might have been used to put them in office in the first place.

The good news: Hilarious Rodent Clinton lost, never mind that she won't go gently into that good gray
night without substantial contributions to the Clinton Foundation.

The bad news: Donaldus Minimus won.

The worse news: It said something terrible about the American people that they live in a country whose
first presidential contest was between George Washington and John Adams yet saw fit to produce a
contest between the two worst qualified candidates in the history of that country.

The hopeful news: That enough of the majority Republicans on Crapola Hill a) grow spines, with plentifully
iron marrows; and, b) aren't afraid to . . . well, never mind holding feet to the fire, they need to hold
Donaldus Minimus's ass to it.

We've had a Republican White House and a Republican Congress together before, and not all that long
ago:

How'd that work out, gang?
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 07:46:34 pm by EasyAce »

"The question of who is right is a small one, indeed, beside the question of what is right."---Albert Jay Nock.

Fake news---news you don't like or don't want to hear.

geronl

« Reply #5 on: November 09, 2016, 07:43:59 pm »
Lucifer, more likely

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2016, 02:20:13 am »
Nice to see you come around, Mr. French.

Now, just how much of a helping would you like?

Don't worry, there's plenty more left for quite a few members of this forum!