Author Topic: Be gracious winners  (Read 15667 times)

Offline Night Hides Not

Re: Be gracious winners
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2016, 03:54:09 pm »
CatherineofAragon

Don't blame the Trump people that the #Never Trumpers decided to cling to their tactics of the bile lace tirade and the infantile insult. The hand was extended, you all decided to slap it away out of petulance.

So be it.

Speaking of tirades, this is how you extend the hand of friendship?

The Never Trumpers are going to be in total freak out mode as they work out their grief, anger and denial. As much as ego suggest we rub their faces in Trumps victory, just let it go.

IMHO, I haven't seen much "total freak out mode" on TBR. A much better example of that was Colbert's Election Night Special on Showtime.  Now THAT was total freak out mode, a glorious 90 minute example of it.
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

1 John 3:18: Let us love not in word or speech, but in truth and action.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2016, 03:55:18 pm »
CatherineofAragon

Don't blame the Trump people that the #Never Trumpers decided to cling to their tactics of the bile lace tirade and the infantile insult. The hand was extended, you all decided to slap it away out of petulance.

So be it.

Yeah............ like angry Obama supporters extended their gracious hands to Republicans.  LOL!

What must it be like to live in your imaginary world  where reality never sets a foot?? 
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2016, 03:56:56 pm »
Yeah............ like angry Obama supporters extended their gracious hands to Republicans.  LOL!

What must it be like to live in your imaginary world  where reality never sets a foot??

Stay away from HBO's Westworld!   :silly:

At least Trump's been stepping away from the role of Negan (Walking Dead).
You can avoid reality, but you cannot avoid the consequences of avoiding reality.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2016, 04:12:17 pm »
Stay away from HBO's Westworld!   :silly:

At least Trump's been stepping away from the role of Negan (Walking Dead).

Hmmm........... don't watch either of those.

But I'm sure the parallels are right on target.  :beer:

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline Longmire

« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2016, 04:41:25 pm »
If I could turn $1 Million into $10 Billion......I wouldn't 'read' either.    :laugh:

I actually prefer audiobooks...especially when I'm driving. 

The Art of the Deal is one of my favorites...:laugh:

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2016, 04:46:06 pm »
I actually prefer audiobooks...especially when I'm driving. 

The Art of the Deal is one of my favorites...:laugh:

Never been able to get into audiobooks. No idea why, I love to read and they'd be a blessing on long trips, but just can't handle them.  :shrug:
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2016, 04:52:15 pm »
Never been able to get into audiobooks. No idea why, I love to read and they'd be a blessing on long trips, but just can't handle them.  :shrug:

If you walk as I do for exercise, audiobooks are great.

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2016, 05:03:09 pm »
And from a so-called 'Moderator' no less........ :whistle:

The use of disparaging remarks such as "Trumpkin" at this point in time is nothing short of inciting.

Clean up your act, @txradioguy

@mystery-ak

@DCPatriot here's an idea...I'll agree to that if you and the rest of your buddies here stop with the references to those of us who didn't vote for either candidate as being #nevertrumpers?

Or is this just supposed to be one sided because Trump supporters don't have to abide by the rules that us normal folk do?

Your call.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2016, 05:18:48 pm »
Nope. You own post proves the point. Once again an emotional personal attack. Never Trump spewed emotional bile at everyone then whined in horror that they got shot back at in the same tone. CLEAN UP YOUR ACT, don't blame everyone else for responding in kind to your tactics of choice.

Never Trumpers electing Hillary Clinton out of spite their candidate lost the primary would of been the Pyrrhic victory for Conservatives. The SC Justice Hillary would of appointed alone would of been a bad enough But I see you would rather ride you angst down in flames then move on. So be it.

You like projection don't you? 

I gave a very measured logical response and simply suggested you make sure your own backyard is cleaned up before you point fingers.

Your whole OP was one big emotional whine...designed to bait people into reactions that would allow you to point fingers.

Pathetic.

Try and be gracious in your phyrric victory.

The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Offline DCPatriot

• "...and the winning number is...not yours!
« Reply #84 on: November 14, 2016, 05:35:39 pm »
@DCPatriot here's an idea...I'll agree to that if you and the rest of your buddies here stop with the references to those of us who didn't vote for either candidate as being #nevertrumpers?

Or is this just supposed to be one sided because Trump supporters don't have to abide by the rules that us normal folk do?

Your call.

ROFL!

We're not the ones with avatars of Trump with "GROPE"....we're not the ones with still using NEVERTRUMP in their signatures.

I stand by my original statement to you.

"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #85 on: November 14, 2016, 05:44:46 pm »
ROFL!

We're not the ones with avatars of Trump with "GROPE"....we're not the ones with still using NEVERTRUMP in their signatures.

I stand by my original statement to you.

So that's a no.  Got it.  You are admitting you are completely unwilling to abide by @mystery-ak 's desire to be civil and furthermore you're perfectly content being a disruptor to the overall tone of TBR.

Sorry...you're not going to make this a one way street where you and your comrades can say anything you want and act anyway you feel like out of some sense of justified righteousness simply because your Liberal Dem candidate won an election.  You want to do that...I suggest logging in over at FR...you'll enjoy the echo chamber.

You're not going to extract revenge here.

Sorry if that offends you and the rest of the Trumpkins.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #86 on: November 14, 2016, 05:51:36 pm »
So that's a no.  Got it.  You are admitting you are completely unwilling to abide by @mystery-ak 's desire to be civil and furthermore you're perfectly content being a disruptor to the overall tone of TBR.

"Disruptor", my a##!

You're totally full of crap.

I've done nothing wrong here.   I'm the one that's trying to get us all back together.    You jerk!

Sorry...you're not going to make this a one way street where you and your comrades can say anything you want and act anyway you feel like out of some sense of justified righteousness simply because your Liberal Dem candidate won an election.  You want to do that...I suggest logging in over at FR...you'll enjoy the echo chamber.

You're not going to extract revenge here.

Sorry if that offends you and the rest of the Trumpkins.

I'm not looking for a one-way street.

I'm looking for all of us to come together again.

Have made peace with many 'old' friends' here....the rest of you can go to hell.

PS:  And IMO, Mark Harmon is a great avatar for you.   His character in Louis L'Amour's Crossfire Trail?   It's YOU!

« Last Edit: November 14, 2016, 05:55:16 pm by DCPatriot »
"It aint what you don't know that kills you.  It's what you know that aint so!" ...Theodore Sturgeon

"Journalism is about covering the news.  With a pillow.  Until it stops moving."    - David Burge (Iowahawk)

"It was only a sunny smile, and little it cost in the giving, but like morning light it scattered the night and made the day worth living" F. Scott Fitzgerald

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #87 on: November 14, 2016, 05:56:08 pm »
"Disruptor", my a##!

I've done nothing wrong here.   I'm the one that's trying to get us all back together.    You jerk!

Yeah right.  Only one here that believes that is you?

jerk?  Oh darn...mean words...I think I might cry.

Not really.

:silly:

Have made peace with many 'old' friends' here....the rest of you can go to hell.

Yeah that right there is why no one believes it when you play the victim card.  We know you don't mean it.

You just want that one way street and to exact revenge.

Not very adult or gracious.

Lead by the example you want others to follow.  That's called being an adult.

Silver Pines

« Reply #88 on: November 14, 2016, 05:57:25 pm »
CatherineofAragon

So be it.

@GAJohnnie

I'll lay the blame for being a bitter, anger-consumed poor winner right where it belongs:  at your feet. 

And I sure as heck don't want your hand.  I have no idea where it's been.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #89 on: November 14, 2016, 05:58:57 pm »

Lead by the example you want others to follow.  That's called being an adult.

What I did reaching out to @Lando Lincoln @musiclady @massadvj @EC , etc., .....IS SETTING AN EXAMPLE!

Do me a favor.   

Don't post to me.   Don't ping me.   EVER!   

Offline LMAO

« Reply #90 on: November 14, 2016, 06:00:36 pm »
Speaking of the "Grope" Avatar, what happened to him?
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #91 on: November 14, 2016, 06:03:56 pm »
What I did reaching out to @Lando Lincoln @musiclady @massadvj @EC , etc., .....IS SETTING AN EXAMPLE!

Do me a favor.   

Gee, can I get on your hate list, too?

Funny thing about truth, but we already had that socon discussion, didn't we?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #92 on: November 14, 2016, 06:04:51 pm »
"Disruptor", my a##!

PS:  And IMO, Mark Harmon is a great avatar for you.   His character in Louis L'Amour's Crossfire Trail?   It's YOU!

What a refreshing display of honesty!   :silly:

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #93 on: November 14, 2016, 06:19:00 pm »

Do me a favor.   

@DCPatriot

Tantrum much?

I suggest a switch to decaf.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #94 on: November 14, 2016, 06:30:31 pm »
Speaking of tirades, this is how you extend the hand of friendship?

IMHO, I haven't seen much "total freak out mode" on TBR. A much better example of that was Colbert's Election Night Special on Showtime.  Now THAT was total freak out mode, a glorious 90 minute example of it.

I feel like looking up a YouTube of the Colbert blowup.  Sounds like 90 minutes of Schadenfreude.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Night Hides Not

« Reply #95 on: November 14, 2016, 06:36:26 pm »
I feel like looking up a YouTube of the Colbert blowup.  Sounds like 90 minutes of Schadenfreude.

It's closer to 70-75 minutes IIRC, as the tide didn't turn until about 15-20 minutes into the show. The last hour is awesome, though.

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #96 on: November 14, 2016, 07:08:17 pm »

Offline musiclady

« Reply #97 on: November 14, 2016, 07:14:45 pm »

I didn't vote for either Pooh's or Piglet's choice.

And I listen to music ALL the time.   ^-^

geronl

« Reply #98 on: November 14, 2016, 07:18:12 pm »
@DCPatriot

They got what they want and they still cry like babies and try to censor others.  8888crybaby

Little baby Trumpkins, wah wah wah

Offline DCPatriot

« Reply #99 on: November 14, 2016, 07:19:36 pm »
I didn't vote for either Pooh's or Piglet's choice.

And I listen to music ALL the time.   ^-^

:laugh:    :beer: