Author Topic: Voters Wrongly Asked for ID at the Polls in Pennsylvania  (Read 1104 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Voters Wrongly Asked for ID at the Polls in Pennsylvania
« on: November 08, 2016, 05:41:33 pm »
 Pennsylvania has seen widespread reports of voters wrongly being asked for identification by poll workers, according to Election Protection, a coalition of organizations monitoring voting.

Two voters told NBC News they had been asked for photo ID.

"I recently moved into my voting area, so I brought everything with me, and I figured I would hand them my voter registration card," said Nicole Sorgini, 27, of Philadelphia, who voted at the Cook Wissackon School.

"When I handed it to them they said, 'No, I need your driver's license,' and someone else in line said, 'Oh, I only have my voter ID card.'"

Poll workers then told them they require driver's licenses for new voters, Sorghini said...

Read more at: http://www.nbcnews.com/card/voters-wrongly-asked-id-polls-pennsylvania-n679791
The Republic is lost.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
Re: Voters Wrongly Asked for ID at the Polls in Pennsylvania
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 05:46:41 pm »
They asked for my ID in Michigan and I gladly provided it.

Offline Just_Victor

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 06:23:04 pm »

I'm in Texas.  I used my Concealed Handgun License (state issued picture ID) to vote.

If all I want is a warm feeling, I should just wet my pants.

Offline Sanguine

• Ex-member
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 06:51:16 pm »
"wrongly being asked for identification"?

The nerve! 

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 07:14:08 pm »
Also, reports of Trump votes being changed to Clinton votes right before voters' eyes in PA.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/11/08/some-problems-reported-as-voters-head-to-polls/

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 07:18:03 pm »
Also, reports of Trump votes being changed to Clinton votes right before voters' eyes in PA.

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2016/11/08/some-problems-reported-as-voters-head-to-polls/

Tom, going to post that as a separate article if you are ok with that.
The Republic is lost.

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 07:18:52 pm »
Sure, no reason to ask. It's at Drudge.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 07:20:05 pm »
Sure, no reason to ask. It's at Drudge.

Done!
The Republic is lost.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 07:49:07 pm »

Just darn. We've heard these reports last time and I'm not sure how to take it. As I see it these are the possibilities:

1. It's a nothing burger story cooked up by the usual rebel-rousers.
2. It's a sign of very poor hacking because a real pro would make all of this happen internally so that it wouldn't show.
3. This is being done by folks who know that they can get away with it and want people to know that they are getting away with it and so make it so people can see the votes change.

Given that this is happening in a battle ground state, I'd bet on number three which just sticks in my craw. This garbage needs to stop. The American people need to know that their vote is counted and counted fairly.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline sinkspur

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 07:59:27 pm »
Just darn. We've heard these reports last time and I'm not sure how to take it. As I see it these are the possibilities:

1. It's a nothing burger story cooked up by the usual rebel-rousers.
2. It's a sign of very poor hacking because a real pro would make all of this happen internally so that it wouldn't show.
3. This is being done by folks who know that they can get away with it and want people to know that they are getting away with it and so make it so people can see the votes change.

Given that this is happening in a battle ground state, I'd bet on number three which just sticks in my craw. This garbage needs to stop. The American people need to know that their vote is counted and counted fairly.

It was a mechanical issue.  And it appears it was taken care of by the election officials.

Why some (not you) are so intent on imputing nefarious intentions to run-of-the-mill technical glitches is beyond me.  Nobody's trying to cheat anybody out of a vote.
Roy Moore's "spiritual warfare" is driving past a junior high without stopping.

Offline rodamala

« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 08:27:46 pm »
I retained my NJ driver license and NJ registration for my vehicles after moving to PA.

Legally, "they" say that I have 30 days to get a PA DL, but that does not work for me... NJ did away with required vehicle inspections for diesels and so all I have to do is renew my NJ DL every 3 years and pay the yearly truck registration on my '04 Cummins equipped Dodge Ram 2500.

I actually had never registered in PA to vote, until this year's primary because I now own property and pay property taxes in PA.

Voter registration in PA is very clear to say that to register you can use a commonwealth of PA issued DL, or PennDOT identification card, but if those forms of ID are not available to you, you just need a utility bill with your name and address, and the last 4 digits of your Social Security ID number.  You can register to vote online... and OH MAN IS IT INVITING FRAUD... BIG TIME.

Offline Gefn

• "And though she be but little she is fierce"-Shakespeare
  • Cat Mod
  • Quos Deus Vult Perdere Prius Dementat
G-d bless America. G-d bless us all                                 

Adopt a puppy or kitty from your local shelter
Or an older dog or cat. They're true love❤️