Author Topic: The concession speech  (Read 1986 times)

Offline pjohns

The concession speech
« on: November 08, 2016, 04:35:39 pm »
My guess is that if Donald Trump loses--and I think that there is about a 70 percent chance that this will happen--he will not make a typical, gracious concession speech; but will instead talk about how "Crooked Hillary" won because of "the rigged system." He may even complain that the election was "stolen" from him.

Don't get me wrong: I did vote for Donald Trump; but graciousness is just not his long suit.

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: The concession speech
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2016, 04:38:22 pm »
My guess is that if Donald Trump loses--and I think that there is about a 70 percent chance that this will happen--he will not make a typical, gracious concession speech; but will instead talk about how "Crooked Hillary" won because of "the rigged system." He may even complain that the election was "stolen" from him.

Don't get me wrong: I did vote for Donald Trump; but graciousness is just not his long suit.

I hope thats exactly what he does. Let the world get their faces rubbed in his arrogance. let them see what they did to themselves and this country supporting this idiot. It's about time people got to face the reality of their choices.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 04:38:51 pm by Norm Lenhart »

Offline RoosGirl

« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2016, 04:41:34 pm »
I hope thats exactly what he does. Let the world get their faces rubbed in his arrogance. let them see what they did to themselves and this country supporting this idiot. It's about time people got to face the reality of their choices.

Seriously?  Most people that voted for him would agree with him.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2016, 04:42:50 pm »
When he loses he'll threaten to sue everyone only to throw his own voters overboard in following weeks when he drops the lawsuit threat and encourages all to unite and support Hillary.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 04:43:18 pm »

As much as I dislike the guy, I think the system is indeed crooked, and should be called out/challenged.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 04:44:10 pm »
Seriously?  Most people that voted for him would agree with him.

Good. Then their friends and neighbors can see what sort of 'people' they have in their midst and act accordingly around them.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 04:46:01 pm »
When he loses he'll threaten to sue everyone only to throw his own voters overboard in following weeks when he drops the lawsuit threat and encourages all to unite and support Hillary.

Yup. Bet the farm on it. It will be followed by excuses about 'it's in the past/let it go' so they can come back in 4 years hoping people forgot with the same crap they pulled this year. Just as they did in 2012.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 04:48:41 pm »
Yup. Bet the farm on it. It will be followed by excuses about 'it's in the past/let it go' so they can come back in 4 years hoping people forgot with the same crap they pulled this year. Just as they did in 2012.

He'll fall in love with Hillary about the time he wants a favor from the white house.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 04:48:57 pm »

So what?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 04:50:01 pm »
So what?

Ultimately? You are exactly right.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 04:50:35 pm »

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 04:52:27 pm »

I predict:
The media is rigged against you so join me next week for the launch of my new network Trump TV on DirecTV channel 666 or online at TrumpTV.com. You can also donate to help our new network at TrumpGrifting.com

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016, 04:56:45 pm »
I predict:
The media is rigged against you so join me next week for the launch of my new network Trump TV on DirecTV channel 666 or online at TrumpTV.com. You can also donate to help our new network at TrumpGrifting.com

https://www.patreon.com/

Offline ABX

• Words full of sound and fury, signifying nothing.
« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2016, 05:02:01 pm »
https://www.patreon.com/

One more...

And I would like to announce the formation of my new political party, TrumpUcrats. Because if you don't like the other political parties, tell them Trump You.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2016, 05:08:50 pm »
One more...

And I would like to announce the formation of my new political party, TrumpUcrats. Because if you don't like the other political parties, tell them Trump You.

"TrumpUcrats"

It has a certain 'zing' to it. you know...grabs ya right by the bleep.

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 05:13:37 pm »
As much as I dislike the guy, I think the system is indeed crooked, and should be called out/challenged.
This is yet another legitimate issue that Trump has manged to turn into a three ring circus. Trump makes it much easier to the media sidestep the issue with ad hominem attacks, without even addressing the issue.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Offline corbe

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2016, 05:40:26 pm »
        It (Concession Speech) will probably be a 30 minute infomercial on:
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #17 on: November 08, 2016, 05:51:34 pm »

Hey, Let's Put on a Show

Main

"We've gotta have a great show, with a million laughs... and color... and a lot of lights to make it sparkle! And songs - wonderful songs! And after we get the people in that hall, we've gotta start em in laughing right away! Oh, can't you just see it... ?"
— Patsy Barton, Babes In Arms

So the Orphanage of Love is in trouble. Big, costly trouble. How are those orphans going to raise all that money? It's simple: put on a show! We'll use the modest singing talents of the secretary corps, and we can put a stage in that old barn out back, and surely it won't be too hard to rig up a spotlight or two...

This trope was made popular by Judy Garland and Mickey Rooney in the 1930s, but saving the unfortunate through musical theater is a surprisingly resilient Stock Plot. Nothing like a show to bring out The Cast Showoff and showcase their lesser-known talents. It can even work when there's no orphanage to save, as Taxi demonstrated by giving a whole show, in which the main cast performed song and dance numbers.

This trope causes no end of frustration for those who actually do work in theater, especially when they have to explain just how long it takes and how much it costs to "just put on a show."

Often overlaps with That Reminds Me of a Song, in that said show may involve an excuse for musical numbers that aren't tied to the plot or character development. Subtrope of Show Within a Show.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #18 on: November 08, 2016, 05:53:11 pm »

See also:

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/f/fc/Americathon.jpg

Offline beandog

« Reply #19 on: November 08, 2016, 06:04:33 pm »

I wouldn't be gracious to the Beast either.  He would be right about the elections being rigged.  If the media was truly the unbiased people they are supposed to be and claim to be, there is know way that Hillary would have any chance of being elected.  Of course, this same biased media are the oness who got him the nomination in the first place.  They wanted him to be the one to go up against the Beast.  The fact that the Donald is even close just shows me that more and more people are realizing that the media are corrupt.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #20 on: November 08, 2016, 06:12:14 pm »
I wouldn't be gracious to the Beast either.  He would be right about the elections being rigged.  If the media was truly the unbiased people they are supposed to be and claim to be, there is know way that Hillary would have any chance of being elected.  Of course, this same biased media are the oness who got him the nomination in the first place.  They wanted him to be the one to go up against the Beast.  The fact that the Donald is even close just shows me that more and more people are realizing that the media are corrupt.

A dysfunctional candidate like Trump will likely end up with near half the vote.

Thats half of the voting public or close to it that Hollywood, Lady Gaga and Andrea Mitchell are calling racist anti-semitic mysoginysts.

Does anyone really think this will be over if Trump loses?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #21 on: November 08, 2016, 06:14:50 pm »

No, they are simply distracted by the shiny object currently in their vision. When the election ends and the hype fades in a week, they will be right back to their TV in breathless antici.....pation. Because thats the history of the american voter when it comes to anything media related.

Normie
Former Journalist of many years

Offline Resp3

« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2016, 06:22:46 pm »
Does anyone really think this will be over if Trump loses?

I do. Trump will make some lame efforts at conceding. He'll fly back to Trumpland and make some lame attempts at returning to his TV Reality Star gig (Trump TV). But will be a political pariah by end of year. Even FReepers will turn on him in anger and bitterness.

"Over"? This was over when the Repubs failed to do the right thing at the convention.

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #23 on: November 08, 2016, 06:36:18 pm »

The "system" as it is, is what gave us Donald Trump in the first place.   We Need a National Primary so Every Republican in every State can vote on ALL 17 Republican candidates. After the more Liberal NE states had there way, the vast majority of Republican voters were down to only a couple of choices. Many,  like us in Washington by the time we voted, had only Trump left on the ballot.   

An Improved system for selecting our candidates is desperately needed. Like This:

• Primary Debate Period followed by:
• National Primary  (all candidates)- Leaving us  the Top 4
• Finalist Debate Period, followed by:
• Caucus held in every state Choosing a #1 and #2 Nationally. 
• #1 would Pres, #2 would be VP officially selected by the delegates at the Convention, which would soften any divided party.   

A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline r9etb

« Reply #24 on: November 08, 2016, 07:03:37 pm »
Even FReepers will turn on him in anger and bitterness.

I doubt it.  More likely, they'll sink ever deeper into their paranoia, strengthen the walls of their echo chamber, and settle their hopes on the next demagogue. 

"Over"? This was over when the Repubs failed to do the right thing at the convention.

It was over long before that.  The GOP has been breaking apart for a while now, and long ago lost its principles.  Trump was much more a symptom than a cause of the party's collapse.