Author Topic: Huckabee on #NeverTrump Republicans: 'I'm going to remember them  (Read 9742 times)

Offline Norm Lenhart

Re: Huckabee on #NeverTrump Republicans: 'I'm going to remember them
« Reply #125 on: November 09, 2016, 10:45:11 pm »
I recognized some sales techniques that Trump was using early on from a sales course I took years ago. Things like not finishing sentences. It allows the buyer to end the sentence any way they want it to end so they sell the product or service to themselves without the seller being tied to a promise or guarantee.

Another is constantly shifting subjects to keep the buyer off balance so the buyer must rely on the seller to keep track of the conversation. Trump did this in the interview about federal lands when he shifted from why the feds must control the land to Hillary will take your guns away. One doesn't have anything to do with te other. (In reality, more federal land eases gun control)

Good point. I was aware of the sales thing but it's been a while and I never made the connection. I will say I recognize a lot of Robert Greene's "48 Laws of Power" there too but then every successful pol uses that. I wish conservatives would all read it. they would suddenly understand 'why' things work as they do in DC.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #126 on: November 09, 2016, 10:51:21 pm »
Good point. I was aware of the sales thing but it's been a while and I never made the connection. I will say I recognize a lot of Robert Greene's "48 Laws of Power" there too but then every successful pol uses that. I wish conservatives would all read it. they would suddenly understand 'why' things work as they do in DC.

I never EVER tell a politician what I want to hear them say. When I speak to a politician I make them tell me what they think.

Offline chae

« Reply #127 on: November 09, 2016, 10:56:39 pm »
Once on TOS I asked anyone on there is they could tell me exactly what Trump's position on Healthcare was, and every person gave me a different answer, and it all matched up with whatever their position on healthcare was. 

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #128 on: November 09, 2016, 10:56:56 pm »
I never EVER tell a politician what I want to hear them say. When I speak to a politician I make them tell me what they think.

I imagine that is a pretty short conversation...

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #129 on: November 09, 2016, 11:01:34 pm »
The only thing that scares me about the Huckster that that he and his family will eat all the food in the world....

Offline Idaho_Cowboy

• Ride for the Brand - Joshua 24:15
« Reply #130 on: November 09, 2016, 11:03:00 pm »
The only thing that scares me about the Huckster that that he and his family will eat all the food in the world....

:silly:
The stripes aren't helping. Makes them look like railroad overalls.
“The way I see it, every time a man gets up in the morning he starts his life over. Sure, the bills are there to pay, and the job is there to do, but you don't have to stay in a pattern. You can always start over, saddle a fresh horse and take another trail.” ― Louis L'Amour

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #131 on: November 09, 2016, 11:04:16 pm »
You've been reported.

Never Trumpers, not all of them, should be called vulgar molesters.  Bullies.  Typical molesting by the worse.

Oh, let's nominate someone who has not done anything in a leadership role, who hasn't accomplished anything. That's the ticket.

I'm sure Lando Lincoln would peace make over this and Mystery-AK would probably ignore this kind of abuse, done by a good number of these people.

@American Faith Today
@Smokin Joe
@Norm Lenhart

There's another listing.
Your real name wouldn't be Joker would it, place of residence Arkham?

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #132 on: November 09, 2016, 11:05:12 pm »

The matching shirt thing is a bit strange but the Mrs. is carrying Mike's lunch for a family pic is just gauche.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
« Reply #133 on: November 09, 2016, 11:13:30 pm »
:silly:
The stripes aren't helping. Makes them look like railroad overalls.
I just figured the missus had the awnings pulled from over the windows because she couldn't find enough matching cloth otherwise.

Offline collins

« Reply #134 on: November 09, 2016, 11:14:17 pm »
I recognized some sales techniques that Trump was using early on from a sales course I took years ago. Things like not finishing sentences. It allows the buyer to end the sentence any way they want it to end so they sell the product or service to themselves without the seller being tied to a promise or guarantee.

Another is constantly shifting subjects to keep the buyer off balance so the buyer must rely on the seller to keep track of the conversation. Trump did this in the interview about federal lands when he shifted from why the feds must control the land to Hillary will take your guns away. One doesn't have anything to do with te other. (In reality, more federal land eases gun control)

I have never been part of #neverTrump, and, that being said, you are dead on about Trump and his hard sell tactics - anybody who has ever worked in the business can recognize them on sight, and you only mentioned a few of his tactics.

Did what he set out to, he won, successfully sold his brand last night. So he can win elections, knew that, let's see if he can govern worth a damn.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
« Reply #135 on: November 09, 2016, 11:15:56 pm »
I just figured the missus had the awnings pulled from over the windows because she couldn't find enough matching cloth otherwise.

I keep expecting them to harmonize like a barbershop quartet.

Offline goodwithagun

« Reply #136 on: November 09, 2016, 11:36:09 pm »
You've been reported.

Never Trumpers, not all of them, should be called vulgar molesters.  Bullies.  Typical molesting by the worse.

Oh, let's nominate someone who has not done anything in a leadership role, who hasn't accomplished anything. That's the ticket.

I'm sure Lando Lincoln would peace make over this and Mystery-AK would probably ignore this kind of abuse, done by a good number of these people.

@American Faith Today
@Smokin Joe
@Norm Lenhart

There's another listing.

Were they on double secret probation first?
I stand with Roosgirl.

Wingnut

« Reply #137 on: November 09, 2016, 11:36:26 pm »

Those Two boys sure have lived a long and active life style. 

Offline musiclady

« Reply #138 on: November 10, 2016, 12:03:22 am »
Those Two boys sure have lived a long and active life style.

Is the big one on the top still alive?

If he's still that large, he won't be for long........
Character still matters.  It always matters.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Use the time God is giving us to seek His will and feel His presence.

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #139 on: November 10, 2016, 12:11:37 am »
Interesting.....

"I always thought he switched subject(s) because his brain doesn't work right....."

It could be both. Part conman and part imbecile.

Online libertybele

« Reply #140 on: November 10, 2016, 12:12:12 am »
Sorry, folks but I have to laugh at the shirts with the elbow pads that the Huckster and sons are wearing....I'm sure they wanted to appear to be the 'average down-home-on the farm' family.

Secondly...why is anything that the Huckster says relevant anymore?  I'm sure by siding with Trump early on, he was hoping for a position in his cabinet ... don't see it happening.  Jelly-doughnut boy is taking his place.   :silly:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline musiclady

« Reply #141 on: November 10, 2016, 12:13:57 am »
"I always thought he switched subject(s) because his brain doesn't work right....."

It could be both. Part conman and part imbecile.

Good point.  I think both characteristics are accurate.

I wear a mask as an exercise in liberty and love for others.  To see it as an infringement of liberty is to entirely miss the point.  Be kind.

"Sometimes I think the Church would be better off if we would call a moratorium on activity for about six weeks and just wait on God to see what He is waiting to do for us. That's what they did before Pentecost."   - A. W. Tozer

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
« Reply #142 on: November 10, 2016, 12:19:17 am »
In case ya missed it

I read some Trumpist posts and literally laugh out loud at how they actually think that they are going to shame us. People intentionally and of their own free will empowering the exact thing they claim to be against are gonna shame people actually living by their principles.

These are some seriously stupid people. Dog drooling stupid people. And their rationalizing! Good God a psychotherapist would be rich in a week from that level of cognitive dissonance.

Couldn't have said it better myself.
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline musiclady

« Reply #143 on: November 10, 2016, 12:21:50 am »
Sorry, folks but I have to laugh at the shirts with the elbow pads that the Huckster and sons are wearing....I'm sure they wanted to appear to be the 'average down-home-on the farm' family.

Secondly...why is anything that the Huckster says relevant anymore?  I'm sure by siding with Trump early on, he was hoping for a position in his cabinet ... don't see it happening.  Jelly-doughnut boy is taking his place.   :silly:

That big boy at the top of the photo??

Oh.......... you mean Chris Christie??   ^-^

Offline INVAR

• Dread To Tread
    • Sword At The Ready
« Reply #144 on: November 10, 2016, 12:26:13 am »

When you want to look thinner, you hang around fat people.
Fart for freedom, fart for liberty and fart proudly.  - Benjamin Franklin

...Obsta principiis—Nip the shoots of arbitrary power in the bud, is the only maxim which can ever preserve the liberties of any people. When the people give way, their deceivers, betrayers and destroyers press upon them so fast that there is no resisting afterwards. The nature of the encroachment upon [the] American constitution is such, as to grow every day more and more encroaching. Like a cancer, it eats faster and faster every hour." - John Adams, February 6, 1775

Silver Pines

« Reply #145 on: November 10, 2016, 12:30:48 am »
You've been reported.

@American Faith Today
@Smokin Joe
@Norm Lenhart

There's another listing.

@TomSea

You can get off that high horse right now, little dude.  I made a post congratulating Trump supporters this morning; I mentioned a number of them, and you were one.  A few of your friends had the good grace and manners to respond.  You did not.  So you take your accusations of vulgar and look in the mirror.  You know full well that many NeverTrumpers here have shown a good deal more grace than you.

Your man won the presidency,and still you're bitter and miserable.  Unreal.  I hope your life improves.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
« Reply #146 on: November 10, 2016, 01:24:01 am »
I imagine that is a pretty short conversation...

Man you are on a roll today!!!  888high58888
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline musiclady

« Reply #147 on: November 10, 2016, 03:08:34 am »
I keep expecting them to harmonize like a barbershop quartet.

I wonder if they do a decent version of "Lida Rose?" ^-^

Offline EC

• Shanghaied Editor
  • Cats rule. Dogs drool.
« Reply #148 on: November 10, 2016, 03:18:43 am »
I wonder if they do a decent version of "Lida Rose?" ^-^

Depends. Do you eat it with steak sauce or ketchup?
The universe doesn't hate you. Unless your name is Tsutomu Yamaguchi

I've got a website now: Smoke and Ink

Offline musiclady

« Reply #149 on: November 10, 2016, 03:21:07 am »
Depends. Do you eat it with steak sauce or ketchup?

Well, actually you do it with "Sweet and Low"........ but it clearly hasn't done it's job with this particular portly barbershop quartet.  :dx1: