Author Topic: Patrick Caddell: The real election surprise? The uprising of the American people  (Read 1707 times)

Offline jpsb

For more than two years the American people, in a great majority, from left to right, have been in revolt against the political class and the financial elites in America. It is a revolt with historic parallels, most closely resembling the Jacksonian revolution of the 1820s. It is an uprising. It is a peaceful uprising of a people who see a country in decline and see nothing but failure in the performance of their leadership institutions. And they have signaled their intent to take back their country and to reclaim their sovereignty.

Unfortunately, the analysts, the pollsters and most importantly the commentariat of the political class have never understood, and in fact are psychologically incapable of understanding what is happening. And for the entire cycle of this presidential campaign they have failed to grasp what was happening before their eyes – for it runs counter to everything they believe about themselves.

In truth, they are suffering from cognitive dissonance  believing in their righteous superiority and are not capable of realizing that it is they who have become the adversary of the American people. And therefore they have been wrong, in this entire election cycle, every step of the way.

read more at http://www.foxnews.com/opinion/2016/11/07/patrick-caddell-real-election-surprise-uprising-american-people.html

Offline jpsb

"But, make no mistake, whatever the outcome, this revolt is not ending, it is merely beginning."

Laura Ingraham has been saying pretty much the same thing.

Online libertybele

..."For years, the political elites have governed America for their own benefit and to the detriment of the American people – this election is the best chance in our lives to take back our government. AGREE = 63% (with 46% strongly agreeing); DISAGREE = 31%..." 

Yes, this election was the best chance in our lifetime to take back our government; yet that chance was completely annihilated by Trump.  The 'fix' for Hillary has been in for years and Trump was put into play to guarantee her winning.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
..."For years, the political elites have governed America for their own benefit and to the detriment of the American people – this election is the best chance in our lives to take back our government. AGREE = 63% (with 46% strongly agreeing); DISAGREE = 31%..." 

Yes, this election was the best chance in our lifetime to take back our government; yet that chance was completely annihilated by Trump.  The 'fix' for Hillary has been in for years and Trump was put into play to guarantee her winning.

I spent much of the primary season apologizing to millennials for some 30% of my generation being morons and supporting Trump.

Offline Blizzardnh

I spent much of the primary season apologizing to millennials for some 30% of my generation being morons and supporting Trump.
You mean the Bernie millennials ?

Online libertybele

I don't think they are morons, I look at them as as product of the liberal educational system and low information voters who were sucked into a vacuum of corruption. Looking back, Hillary had super delegates in the very beginning and there was no way Bernie was going to win.  Cruz fought with everything he had against the establishment, members of his own party and the media dominated by left idealists. The media bolstered Trump, and the left strategically used the open primary states to their advantage and in the end the RNC quickly nominated Trump without even a final roll call vote of the delegates.  All this was done by years of liberal indoctrination of our students, interjection of liberal values in our society through political correctness, implementation of LBJ's Great Society, and the final touches were funded in part by the Clinton Foundation and through Hillary's ability to 'lie and deny' as she learned from Saul Alinsky.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline jpsb

I don't think they are morons, I look at them as as product of the liberal educational system and low information voters who were sucked into a vacuum of corruption. Looking back, Hillary had super delegates in the very beginning and there was no way Bernie was going to win.  Cruz fought with everything he had against the establishment, members of his own party and the media dominated by left idealists. The media bolstered Trump, and the left strategically used the open primary states to their advantage and in the end the RNC quickly nominated Trump without even a final roll call vote of the delegates.  All this was done by years of liberal indoctrination of our students, interjection of liberal values in our society through political correctness, implementation of LBJ's Great Society, and the final touches were funded in part by the Clinton Foundation and through Hillary's ability to 'lie and deny' as she learned from Saul Alinsky.

Cruz was simply wrong on the issues of importance to the republican voter. Wrong on illegals (supported legal status), wrong on trade (supported TPA/TPP) and wrong on endless pointless wars (in favor of a no fly zone in Syria). Trump got these right from day one. Eventually Cruz adopted Trump's positions but that was to little to late. Cruz was the first to declare so he had the opportunity to come out big these issues, he didn't and that opened the door to Trump.

Plus Cruz ran a very dirty campaign, that cost him a lot of support.

Offline Frank Cannon

An uprising in America may be a tall order.....

.....probably more of a slow roll.

Oceander

An uprising in America may be a tall order.....

.....probably more of a slow roll.

:bigsilly:

Offline skeeter

Regardless of the outcome of today's contest, the motive force behind what Caddell calls an uprising won't go away - it will grow.

My hope is that in the future a) the different factions learn to distinguish allies from enemies. We didn't do so well at that this time around; and b) stop believing that there's a single political redeemer to save us. That belief leads only to bickering and recriminations; c) start thinking proactively in selecting potential representatives that truly are who they say and have the ability to credibly articulate our beliefs.

Unless we become better focused things are bound to end up getting really messy, because the other side will not cede an inch without a fighting like a rat in a cage.

Offline skeeter

Cruz was simply wrong on the issues of importance to the republican voter. Wrong on illegals (supported legal status), wrong on trade (supported TPA/TPP) and wrong on endless pointless wars (in favor of a no fly zone in Syria). Trump got these right from day one. Eventually Cruz adopted Trump's positions but that was to little to late. Cruz was the first to declare so he had the opportunity to come out big these issues, he didn't and that opened the door to Trump.

I'm gonna say this one last time then chuck it.

Your take on Cruz couldn't be more wrong if you set out to make it that way on purpose.

Offline Doug Loss

• Proud Tennessean

This is, of course, untrue.  Wow.  On election day, you Trumpenfaithful are still fighting Cruz rather than Clinton.  You really can't see the real world at all, can you?
My political philosophy:

1) I'm not bothering anybody.
2) It's none of your business.
3) Leave me alone!

Offline beandog

You are the exact kind of tRump supporter that made it impossible for other conservatives to vote for the Donald.  The continual lying about a good and decent man and conservative, Sen. Cruz, makes other decent people not want to be on your team.  If the Donald loses, you and others like you, will be the reason it happens.  It is you that will be responsible for the Beast further ruining the country.  Hope you are proud of yourself. ****slapping

Offline aligncare

:bigsilly:

Body shaming. Tsk tsk tsk. How Trumpian.

Offline Cripplecreek

• Constitutional Extremist
You are the exact kind of tRump supporter that made it impossible for other conservatives to vote for the Donald.

Yup 888high58888

Offline aligncare

You are the exact kind of tRump supporter that made it impossible for other conservatives to vote for the Donald.  The continual lying about a good and decent man and conservative, Sen. Cruz, makes other decent people not want to be on your team.  If the Donald loses, you and others like you, will be the reason it happens.  It is you that will be responsible for the Beast further ruining the country.  Hope you are proud of yourself. ****slapping

Yes of course, you're right.  #NeverTrump never spread lies about Donald Trump.

As politely as I can, may I suggest you take a stand without needing to be validated? This is an important election.

By the way, that was a low blow to put on jpsb.

Oh and your spelling of Mr. Trump's name gives me the warm and fuzzies towards you.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 02:47:09 pm by aligncare »

Offline bilo

"But, make no mistake, whatever the outcome, this revolt is not ending, it is merely beginning."

Laura Ingraham has been saying pretty much the same thing.

It's such a shame that the Trump supporters had to go with such a jerk to fight the elites that they probably gave the elites the victory.

I don't disagree with a lot of the points Trump made. I'm all for having a responsible immigration policy and the deportation of crimminals, an end to sanctuary cities. I believe in school choice. I want to see Dodd-Frank ended and a pro-business lending environment established. I would love to see taxes reduced and regulations cut. I would love to see obamacare ended (it sure did destroy my health insurance and adversely affected my business, especially all the employees I had to let go and rehire as contractors). The problem hasn't been the message, it's been the messenger. He's not trustworthy.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline bilo

This kind of rewrite of history is part of the reason the Pubs keep losing. Trump took the most radical position and slowly changed it to reflect the position Cruz held from the beginning. Go ahead throw your support to the most unelectable guy in the group and keep giving the Rats victories where they should have lost.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

Offline beandog

Yes of course, you're right.  #NeverTrump never spread lies about Donald Trump.

As politely as I can, may I suggest you take a stand without the need for validation? This is an important election.

By the way, that was a low blow to put on jpsb.
Whether Never Trumpers spread lies about the Donald is not the point.  They are not trying to get you to vote for their candidate.  You could have refuted those lies and moved on, not continued to spread lies about someone who is no longer in the race.  It makes you look petty and small and does not make people want to vote for the person you support.  You could have, and should have if you wanted people to support the Donald, been the gracious winner.  Instead you, and by you I mean the majority of tRump supporters, choice to continue with the lies about Sen. Cruz. 

I don't need validation from you or anyone else for that matter.  It is you tRump supporters who have need each other to validate yourselves. I'm quite comfortable with myself and my decision.  I don't belong to any group of people, not tRumpkins nor Never tRumpkins.  If it was such an important election the behavior of you tRumpkins sure didn't show it. 

As far as a low blow, cry me a river.  It is the truth and very much deserved. 8888crybaby