Author Topic: Trump takes 32-25 lead in New Hampshire after midnight voting  (Read 1612 times)

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Trump takes 32-25 lead in New Hampshire after midnight voting
« on: November 08, 2016, 05:25:16 am »
s the world waits with bated breath for the results of Tuesday's contentious presidential election, its eyes turned briefly to three sleepy hamlets in rural New Hampshire, as their residents — fewer than 100 total — became the first in the nation to cast their ballots.

In Dixville Notch, Hillary Clinton beat Donald Trump 4-2. Libertarian Gary Johnson received one vote, and the 2012 Republican candidate, Mitt Romney received a surprise write-in ballot. In the slightly larger burg of Hart's Location, Clinton won with 17 votes to Trump's 14. Johnson got three votes, while write-ins Bernie Sanders and John Kasich each got one. And in Millsfield, Trump won decisively, 16-4, with one write-in for Bernie Sanders.

So, in the three New Hampshire towns with midnight voting, Trump came out ahead 32-25.

According to New Hampshire law, communities with under 100 voters can open their polls at midnight and close them as soon as all registered voters have cast their ballots.

The best known of these three towns, Dixville Notch, has been voting at midnight every election since 1960. Neil Tillotson, the former owner of the Balsams Grant Resort Hotel, which closed in 2011, started midnight voting in Dixville in 1960 to stir up publicity for the resort. Almost all of the Dixville voters are employees of the resort .

This could be Dixville's last year in the election spotlight, however. Les Otten, a New England businessman, bought the Balsams and plans to redevelop it into a massive ski resort. That could bring the population in Dixville over 100 people, thereby ending its midnight voting tradition.

Hart's Location was the first town to begin the tradition of early voting in 1948. According to the town's website, it started when the town was "inhabited mostly by Maine Central Railroad workers and their families" and early voting became the most convenient way for them to vote. But midnight voting was abandoned in 1964, "when residents became tired of all the media ruckus and voted to end it."

Hart's Location revived the practice in 1996. The town website blames the 32-year lull in midnight voting as the reason Dixville Notch gets all the attention, even though Dixville began the practice more than a decade later than Hart's Location.

Millsfield, located just over 12 miles down the road from Dixville Notch, is the newest town to get in on the act. Millsfield began midnight voting as early as 1952 (no one seems certain exactly when) and stopped the practice in the 1960s (again, no one seems certain exactly when). The town was invited to take the tradition back up last year by New Hampshire's secretary of State, in honor of the 100th anniversary of the New Hampshire primary...

Read more at: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/11/08/midnight-new-hampshire-voting/93455396/
« Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 02:02:56 pm by Free Vulcan »
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

BREAKING!!!!! Trump Gets Shafted In Dixville.......News At 11

Offline Norm Lenhart

BREAKING!!!!! Trump Gets Shafted In Dixville.......News At 11

It was rigged! I saw the rally pictures!! No way he got thousands of people at his rally and two people voted!!!!!

FRAUD!!!!!!

Offline Frank Cannon

With the soft outcome with Dixville, I'm afraid Donny is going to have no choice but to pull out of Intercourse prematurely.

Offline Norm Lenhart

With the soft outcome with Dixville, I'm afraid Donny is going to have no choice but to pull out of Intercourse prematurely.

He's an old man now. Electile dysfunction isn't uncommon.

Online corbe

That reminds me, I gotta go to bed. 

Big day tomorrow a NY Liberal gets elected to be my CiC.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline montanajoe

With his small hands he won't have far to go...

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
As the world waits with bated breath for the results of Tuesday's contentious presidential election, its eyes turned briefly to three sleepy hamlets in rural New Hampshire, as their residents — less than 100 total — became the first in the nation to cast their ballots.

In Dixville Notch, N.H., Hillary Clinton beat Donald Trump four votes to two. Libertarian Gary Johnson received one vote, and Mitt Romney received a surprise write-in ballot. In the slightly larger burg of Hart's Location, Clinton won with 17 votes to Trump's 14. Johnson got three of Hart's Location votes, while write-ins Bernie Sanders and John Kasich each got one vote.

According to New Hampshire law, communities with less than 100 voters can open their polls at midnight and close them as soon as all registered voters have cast their ballots.

The best known of these three towns, Dixville Notch has been voting at midnight every election since 1960. Neil Tillotson, the former owner of the Balsams Grant Resort Hotel, which closed in 2011, started midnight voting in Dixville in 1960 to stir up publicity for the resort. Almost all of the Dixville voters are employees of the resort .

This could be Dixville's last year in the election spotlight, however. Les Otten, a New England businessman, bought the Balsams and plans to redevelop it into a massive ski resort. That could bring the population in Dixville over 100 people, thereby ending its midnight voting tradition...

Read more at: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/11/08/midnight-new-hampshire-voting/93455396/

I remember in 2012 this town voted Obama too, and I knew Romney would lose.

I'm guessing the same outcome for Trump.

Honestly hope I'm wrong as in 2 hours I will be voting Trump.

Offline jpsb

I remember in 2012 this town voted Obama too, and I knew Romney would lose.

I'm guessing the same outcome for Trump.

Honestly hope I'm wrong as in 2 hours I will be voting Trump.

2016 New Hampshire midnight voting (Dixville Notch, Harts, Millsfield)
Trump 32 Clinton 25

2012: Obama 28 Romney 14

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
2016 New Hampshire midnight voting (Dixville Notch, Harts, Millsfield)
Trump 32 Clinton 25

2012: Obama 28 Romney 14

Oh yeah? Nice...

I stand corrected.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
Re: Trump takes 32-25 lead in New Hampshire after midnight voting
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2016, 02:03:31 pm »
Updated, bttt.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Frank Cannon

« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2016, 02:07:36 pm »
Updated, bttt.

So Donny was able to maintain his election even after the Dixville softening. I knew he could pull it out.

Offline andy58-in-nh

« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2016, 02:18:15 pm »
Some anecdotal stuff.... I wanted to vote this morning here in southern New Hampshire, but my wife was already in a line of cars outside the polling place at 7:00am, and it took her 20 minutes just to get a parking spot. There was also a huge traffic tie-up in the next town over, so I decided to go after work.
"The most terrifying force of death, comes from the hands of Men who wanted to be left Alone. They try, so very hard, to mind their own business and provide for themselves and those they love. They resist every impulse to fight back, knowing the forced and permanent change of life that will come from it. They know, that the moment they fight back, their lives as they have lived them, are over. -Alexander Solzhenitsyn

Offline Hoodat

If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.

-Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."

-Ayn Rand-

Oceander

« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2016, 02:20:05 pm »
So Donny was able to maintain his election even after the Dixville softening. I knew he could pull it out.

Yeah, but can he stick it back in where it counts, or will he just be groping around trying to find the sweet spot?

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
« Reply #15 on: November 08, 2016, 02:20:56 pm »

Looks like he sowed his oats in Millsfield.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #16 on: November 08, 2016, 03:00:45 pm »
Looks like he sowed his oats in Millsfield.

Grabbed ol' Millie right by the bleep.