Author Topic: They Always Wanted Trump  (Read 1675 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
They Always Wanted Trump
« on: November 07, 2016, 09:55:47 pm »
 They Always Wanted Trump

Inside Team Clinton’s year-long struggle to find a strategy against the opponent they were most eager to face.

By Gabriel Debenedetti

November 07, 2016

A set of tables stood where the bed should have been in the 12th-floor Manchester hotel room Hillary Clinton’s aides were using as a New Hampshire war room. It was February 6 and their candidate was 44 miles east, desperately trying to excite New Englanders at a Portsmouth rally after limping out of Iowa essentially tied against her challenger.

But New Hampshire was a lost cause, and her team knew it. So instead of watching Clinton deliver a speech, members of her senior team huddled around a television in the room that served as a home base for campaign chairman John Podesta, manager Robby Mook, chief strategist Joel Benenson and communications director Jennifer Palmieri. They watched, in shock, as the man they had feared most as Republican nominee tanked under an assault designed to boot him from the GOP primary race.

more
http://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2016/11/hillary-clinton-2016-donald-trump-214428
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline bolobaby

Re: They Always Wanted Trump
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 11:11:40 pm »
At least the picture with the article is funny:

"Ahhhh... Donald... that feels sooooo good!"
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline bolobaby

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 11:13:11 pm »
Beyond that, the article is ridiculously unfair to Cruz, who would have eventually trounced Hillary Clinton.

Oh, sure... I'm ready to be told that wouldn't have ever happened... by the same people who are trying to tell me that there is going to be a (*giggle*) "Trumpslide" tomorrow night.

Yeah, so...
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 11:52:40 pm »
Looks like they got their wish............

Offline NavyCanDo

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 12:53:31 am »
This is wht us nevertrumps have been saying since he first jumped in. Early primary polls showed he did poorly against Clinton, and many of the other 17 were doing just fine, that is until Trump started insulting each one......lying Ted, Little Marco, Look at the face, and oh yeah the child predator insult.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline bilo

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 01:14:39 am »
This is wht us nevertrumps have been saying since he first jumped in. Early primary polls showed he did poorly against Clinton, and many of the other 17 were doing just fine, that is until Trump started insulting each one......lying Ted, Little Marco, Look at the face, and oh yeah the child predator insult.

Somehow "I told you so" just doesn't cover how dumb these people were who nominated Trump and then sought to "unite" the party by threatening everyone who didn't want to blindly jump on Trump's bandwagon. These fools destroyed a great opportunity to turn this country around.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home

geronl

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 01:37:14 am »
Somehow "I told you so" just doesn't cover how dumb these people were who nominated Trump and then sought to "unite" the party by threatening everyone who didn't want to blindly jump on Trump's bandwagon. These fools destroyed a great opportunity to turn this country around.

:thumbsup:

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #7 on: November 09, 2016, 03:42:35 pm »
 000hehehehe
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 03:43:15 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #8 on: November 09, 2016, 03:44:21 pm »

If only they had listened.

:beer:

Offline TomSea

« Reply #9 on: November 09, 2016, 03:45:12 pm »
In seriousness, let's say the outsider never got in; I'm sure with the negative press, the FBI story, some of the 17 could have won as well.

So, this was a real "Joker's Wild".

To me, Senator Rubio or Governor Kasich may have been able to win.

Next, Senators Paul and Cruz.

But it is now speculation.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 03:46:35 pm by TomSea »

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #10 on: November 09, 2016, 03:47:36 pm »
Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it.

Offline dfwgator

« Reply #11 on: November 09, 2016, 03:49:11 pm »
In seriousness, let's say the outsider never got in; I'm sure with the negative press, the FBI story, some of the 17 could have won as well.

Would any of those other candidates been able to generate the kind of enthusiasm that Trump did?  I highly doubt it. And yes, Trump had higher negatives to go along with that enthusiasm,  but Hillary's negatives pretty much cancelled that out.

Offline skeeter

« Reply #12 on: November 09, 2016, 03:49:14 pm »
000hehehehe

Enjoying yourself? 'Cause you look foolish.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #13 on: November 09, 2016, 03:52:24 pm »
Enjoying yourself? 'Cause you look foolish.

Hey, I don't ad hom others as normal posting; how many anti-Trump stories have been here and when will the next Resurgent or Red State stories be posted.

I respect your opinion, I don't agree with it.

It was okay to gloat that Trump would probably lose but not to look at stories like this and comment. Got it!

Some were already referring to President Clinton, sorry I offended you.  Shaming me won't work.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 03:54:22 pm by TomSea »

Offline TomSea

« Reply #14 on: November 09, 2016, 03:56:50 pm »
I see the Ted Cruz "Praise-A-Thon" thread is up and running, perhaps one could expend their energy there instead of correcting others.

Offline GrouchoTex

« Reply #15 on: November 09, 2016, 04:05:56 pm »

I think the 4 you picked would have also won.
I am grateful that we do not have Hillary as the next POTUS.
If it was her strategy to run against Trump (and some of the WikiLeaks have suggested it was so), I am glad it backfired.
I admit, I was afraid it may have worked.
I'm glad it did not.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #16 on: November 09, 2016, 04:25:15 pm »
Would any of those other candidates been able to generate the kind of enthusiasm that Trump did?  I highly doubt it. And yes, Trump had higher negatives to go along with that enthusiasm,  but Hillary's negatives pretty much cancelled that out.

This is true, it's not a piece of cake to win, Wisconsin, Pennsylvania and Ohio.

Or for that matter, Florida and Iowa... and almost Virginia.

But we know some will expect the world because they don't like him in the first place.

Offline TomSea

« Reply #17 on: November 09, 2016, 04:57:55 pm »
IMO, only,

This was America's last shot and Trump may have been the only one who could have pulled this off.

Anything else is total speculation.

Offline cato potatoe

« Reply #18 on: November 10, 2016, 03:29:05 am »
No question they wanted Trump.  Hillary was a pitiful candidate, and a poll just before the election showed her losing a hypothetical matchup with Mitt Romney by 10 points.  Hopefully this will teach the Democrats to keep their noses out of our business.