Author Topic: Statistician Nate Silver Says Clinton Is a '2 to 1 Favorite to Win'  (Read 694 times)

Offline Vulcan

Prognosticator Nate Silver, who accurately predicted the winner in all 50 states in the 2012 presidential election, told "GMA" this morning that Hillary Clinton is a "2 to 1 favorite" to win the presidency tomorrow.

Silver, who is the editor in chief of the ESPN-hosted site FiveThirtyEight has risen to fame because of the accuracy of his statistical models.

He said there might some truth to the theory of "shy [Donald] Trump voters," who might not be as willing to admit their preference to pollsters, but pointed out that Clinton has built a superior operation to help get her voters out to the polls.

source

Offline bolobaby

Re: Statistician Nate Silver Says Clinton Is a '2 to 1 Favorite to Win'
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 10:24:12 pm »
Allow me to up the odds:

99.99% chance of a Hillary victory tomorrow.

The other 0.01% chance goes to a surprise upset victory by SMOD, which no one saw coming.
How to lose credibility while posting:
1. Trump is never wrong.
2. Default to the most puerile emoticon you can find. This is especially useful when you can't win an argument on merits.
3. Be falsely ingratiating, completely but politely dismissive without talking to the points, and bring up Hillary whenever the conversation is really about conservatism.
4. When all else fails, remember rule #1 and #2. Emoticons are like the poor man's tweet!

Oceander

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 10:33:11 pm »
Allow me to up the odds:

The other 0.01% chance goes to a surprise upset victory by SMOD, which no one saw coming.

I'm all in for SMOD!   

Offline Norm Lenhart

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 10:33:19 pm »
Allow me to up the odds:

Is there time to form a cult and pray for impact?

Offline TomSea

• All deserve a trial if accused
« Reply #4 on: November 07, 2016, 10:33:50 pm »
Pat Caddell is saying it could be a Trumpslide alright.

Oceander

« Reply #5 on: November 07, 2016, 10:36:10 pm »
Is there time to form a cult and pray for impact?

Got the koolaid mixed up and everything!

Offline Suppressed

« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 01:55:54 am »
I'm all in for SMOD!

Oh, don't get my hopes up!!

Thanks, though... it's been fun...

@Oceander
+++++++++
“In the outside world, I'm a simple geologist. But in here .... I am Falcor, Defender of the Alliance” --Randy Marsh

“The most effectual means of being secure against pain is to retire within ourselves, and to suffice for our own happiness.” -- Thomas Jefferson

“He's so dumb he thinks a Mexican border pays rent.” --Foghorn Leghorn

Online corbe

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 02:06:50 am »
Pat Caddell is saying it could be a Trumpslide alright.

The Pat Caddell that worked on Mondales Campaign, the biggest Landslide in American Politics?
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline beandog

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 02:20:53 am »

The Pat Caddell that worked on Mondales Campaign, the biggest Landslide in American Politics?
Well, I guess that means he knows landslides when he sees them.  Hope he's correct.

Online corbe

« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2016, 02:31:51 am »
   My apologies @TomSea , Pat Caddell did not work on Walter Mondale's tragic loss.

Caddell was born in Rock Hill, South Carolina. He has worked for Democratic presidential candidates George McGovern in 1972, Jimmy Carter in 1976 and 1980, Gary Hart in 1984, Joe Biden in 1988, and Jerry Brown in 1992. He also worked for Colorado Senate candidate Andrew Romanoff in 2010.[1]

He actually had 1 winning campaign against Gerald Ford/Manafort.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.