Author Topic: Trump aide: We did not take Trump's Twitter away...  (Read 1056 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Trump aide: We did not take Trump's Twitter away...
« on: November 07, 2016, 07:40:47 pm »
Eliza Collins , USA TODAY 2:23 p.m. EST November 7, 2016

No, Donald Trump’s Twitter did not get taken away.

At least that’s what Trump’s senior adviser Boris Epshteyn told USA TODAY Monday after a New York Times report Sunday said campaign staff had finally been able to take away Trump’s signature form of communication.

“No one is taking away his Twitter. He’s his own man,” Epshteyn said.

At a campaign rally for Clinton on Sunday, President Obama seized on the Times story.

“Apparently his campaign has taken away his Twitter. In the last two days, they had so little confidence in his self-control they said: ‘We’re just going to take away your Twitter,’” Obama said in Kissimmee, Fla. “If somebody can’t handle a Twitter account, they can’t handle the nuclear codes. If somebody starts tweeting at 3 in the morning because SNL made fun of you then you can’t handle the nuclear codes.”

And on Monday in Ann Arbor, Mich. Obama brought it up again: “If your closest advisers don’t trust you to tweet then how can we trust him with the nuclear codes?"

Trump has been known for putting his unfiltered thoughts on Twitter at all hours, which sometimes has run contradictory to the goals of his campaign. For example, the attempted outreach to Hispanics by tweeting a photo of a taco bowl didn’t quite energize the group the way he had hoped...

Read more at: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/11/07/trump-aide-we-did-not-take-trumps-twitter-away/93425352/
The Republic is lost.

Offline beandog

Re: Trump aide: We did not take Trump's Twitter away...
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2016, 09:17:01 pm »
Believing anything from the New York Times or Obama just makes a person stupid.  I seriously doubt anyone could take anything away from the Donald. 

Silver Pines

« Reply #2 on: November 07, 2016, 09:53:13 pm »
Believing anything from the New York Times or Obama just makes a person stupid.  I seriously doubt anyone could take anything away from the Donald.

@beandog

It wouldn't be hard to do.  It would only take someone willing to get up in his face and not back down.  Trump is accustomed to yes men.

Offline beandog

« Reply #3 on: November 07, 2016, 10:02:05 pm »
@beandog

It wouldn't be hard to do.  It would only take someone willing to get up in his face and not back down.  Trump is accustomed to yes men.
I think it's way to late to change the Donald.  Getting in his face would only make him more stubborn.  I know that's how it works with me. :laugh:

Silver Pines

« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2016, 02:06:49 am »
I think it's way to late to change the Donald.  Getting in his face would only make him more stubborn.  I know that's how it works with me. :laugh:

@beandog

Could be, but from what I've read, Kellyanne Conway has had some luck, lol.

Wingnut

« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2016, 03:44:13 am »
@beandog

Could be, but from what I've read, Kellyanne Conway has had some luck, lol.

It's hard to be mad when your pants are down around your ankles.....

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2016, 03:51:34 am »
Eliza Collins , USA TODAY 2:23 p.m. EST November 7, 2016

No, Donald Trump’s Twitter did not get taken away.

At least that’s what Trump’s senior adviser Boris Epshteyn told USA TODAY Monday after a New York Times report Sunday said campaign staff had finally been able to take away Trump’s signature form of communication.

“No one is taking away his Twitter. He’s his own man,” Epshteyn said.

At a campaign rally for Clinton on Sunday, President Obama seized on the Times story.

“Apparently his campaign has taken away his Twitter. In the last two days, they had so little confidence in his self-control they said: ‘We’re just going to take away your Twitter,’” Obama said in Kissimmee, Fla. “If somebody can’t handle a Twitter account, they can’t handle the nuclear codes. If somebody starts tweeting at 3 in the morning because SNL made fun of you then you can’t handle the nuclear codes.”

And on Monday in Ann Arbor, Mich. Obama brought it up again: “If your closest advisers don’t trust you to tweet then how can we trust him with the nuclear codes?"

Trump has been known for putting his unfiltered thoughts on Twitter at all hours, which sometimes has run contradictory to the goals of his campaign. For example, the attempted outreach to Hispanics by tweeting a photo of a taco bowl didn’t quite energize the group the way he had hoped...

Read more at: http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/onpolitics/2016/11/07/trump-aide-we-did-not-take-trumps-twitter-away/93425352/

Of course they didn't.  But that didn't stop some here from making brilliant observations like "the mere fact that this is even being discussed shows how ridiculous a candidate he is."  The ultimate bootstrap argument.

But those folks willingly ran with an obvious leftist lie simply because they liked the result.

Silver Pines

« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2016, 03:55:42 am »
It's hard to be mad when your pants are down around your ankles.....

@Wingnut

Undeniable truth, lol.

Offline montanajoe

« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2016, 05:32:02 am »
Trump aide: We did not take Trump's Twitter away...

Pity..